Sprung Tropical Map Series

Sprung Tropical Map Series

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Sprung Tropical Map Series

Post by Forboding Angel »

Haven't played on them yet, but I really like what I see.

Edit: Don't use spring grass please. Think of the children.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

They look really nice! The only thing I could hope for is maybe a greater variety of ways to crack open the main base, because at the moment it looks like a chokepoint scenario for a few of them.

Can't wait to try them out!
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Feedback on anything apart from the visuals should be forwarded to Sprung.
qray

Post by qray »

Pity, they seem interesting but don't have built-in metal map or lua spots. So e.g. in BA9.46: no metal.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

In new BA, that won't be an issue. Try playing them with the alpha versions of BA.
qray

Post by qray »

Forboding Angel wrote:In new BA, that won't be an issue. Try playing them with the alpha versions of BA.
I'm not looking for workarounds but pointing out a technical deficiency.

Let me rephrase:
"Pity, they seem interesting but don't have built-in metal map or lua spots. So they are not playable in ALL GAMES with metal based economy and that don't provide their own metalmap - or don't have one yet for these maps."
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

qray wrote: Pity, they seem interesting but don't have built-in metal map or lua spots. So they are not playable in ALL GAMES with metal based economy and that don't provide their own metalmap...
Wanna Bet? :wink:
qray wrote: I'm not looking for workarounds but pointing out a technical deficiency.

Let me rephrase:
"Pity, they seem interesting but don't have built-in metal map or lua spots. So they are not playable in ALL GAMES with metal based economy and that don't provide their own metalmap - or don't have one yet for these maps."
The only "technical deficiency" here is a game that relies on archaic baked in metal maps.
youdontsay.png
(13.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
qray

Post by qray »

Forboding Angel wrote: The only "technical deficiency" here is a game that relies on archaic baked in metal maps.
I am also not looking for another technique that you try to promote that doesn't work for all users : sigh: :roll:

I don't see ANY advantage by not including a "baked in" metal map. Games that don't like it can easily override it, but they make a map compatible and playable by everyone.
Of course, that's the decision of the map maker if he/she wants to do a map for specific games or for a larger community.

EDIT:
Forboding Angel wrote:
qray wrote: So they are not playable in ALL GAMES with metal based economy and that don't provide their own metalmap...
Wanna Bet? :wink:
Yes, wanna bet. My statement still holds until EVERY spring game includes this and provides custom configs for all maps.
Forboding Angel wrote: The only "technical deficiency" here is a game that relies on archaic baked in metal maps.
"archaic"? You really try to do PR here for your plan :wink:
qray

Post by qray »

qray wrote: I don't see ANY advantage by not including a "baked in" metal map. Games that don't like it can easily override it, but they make a map compatible and playable by everyone.
Addition: I rather see a disadvantage. Metal map not visible on springfiles and in lobby preview.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

:roll: mmk.

Return to “Map Releases”