Meltwater - Page 2

Meltwater

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Silentwings

Re: Meltwater

Post by Silentwings »

Aww, seems the zip file for v2 was corrupted somehow. v3 now exists on SF.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Hi !

I was uploading maps and seems I can't make yours working with BA 8.18 + Spring 100.0 (single / autohost)
The minimap picture is all blue, also no way to place startingpoints and none are created too !

Infolog
http://paste.springfiles.com/view/b771994b

++
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Do you mean specifically this map or my maps in general?

I don't think it can be a problem with the map, and your infolog contains a crash - so I suggest submitting a bug report to mantis.
qray

Post by qray »

I noticed that I have the same problem. But it goes away if I unpack the map and use a sdd folder in my maps folder.
I never had this problem with any other of your maps, so its a bit strange, assuming that you don't use different packaging for just one map :-)

BTW: I play on Ubuntu. Could it be a Windows/Linux difference that it works for some people (win) and not for others(linux)? The infolog of Fabrice shows that he also plays on linux.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I can't reproduce.

Maybe your packages are somehow corrupt (and using an sdd overrides the packages).
qray

Post by qray »

Tested again on 2 systems (both Ubuntu) with freshly downloaded map file. On one system I cleaned all caches; on the other was a rather fresh install, where the map was never in in any version.
Test both with old engine versions (98) and the latest (101) using springlobby (different versions were installed on both systems).
infologs showed no failed or error messages.

Problem persists on both systems. And on both systems other maps from you are working fine...
So I would still suspect a 7zip problem with the uploaded file - and maybe related to windows/linux differences (don't have a windows here ATM to test).
gajop

Post by gajop »

Meltwater doesn't work for me: http://hastebin.com/gahujonesi.sm , seems like there's an issue with mapinfo.lua, but the odd thing is that it's using SMD instead
Trying to extract it gives me this: http://hastebin.com/gibuyupowo.avrasm but works with a GUI extractor (maybe it just ignores these errors or something)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

maybe the file was created with a version which creates a broken file / the format changed and only works in new 7z versions?

i'm getting the same error when extracting it...
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

So I compared my sd7 (which works) with the one being distributed by SF (which gave me also the same error you all reported).

They differ by a single character, the 78th char on line 300308, which for me is '·' and for SF is '´'. I think we might have been gamma rayed or suchlike.

I'll make a v4, but not right now.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

v4 now exists on SF, https://springfiles.com/spring/spring-maps/meltwater. Hopefully identical to v3 but without corruption.
qray

Post by qray »

Can't test advmapshading on my laptop, but can confirm that the rest works.

Thanks! :-)
gajop

Post by gajop »

Yep, this version works.
I wonder if it could have a map shader to simulate the water on the mountains, at least aesthetically.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Feel free to write one, but that's currently outside of my skillset.

Return to “Map Releases”