Living Lands v2.0

Living Lands v2.0

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

aeonios

Living Lands v2.0

Post by aeonios »

Welp, after fighting with technology every step of the way I finally managed to get 2.0 up to a shippable level. Some of you have already seen the WIPs so you probably already know what to expect, but the full changelog and new screenshots can be found on the download page:

http://springfiles.com/spring/spring-ma ... ng-lands-0

I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out so far. Please let me know if there are any issues, details I might have missed or anything else that might improve it further. Enjoy!
qray

Re: Living Lands v2.0

Post by qray »

Hey, nice improvement.

With adv. map shading on it still seems a bit on bright side (but much better than first version). If I remember right you can't use adv. map shading on your system. So, for comparison some screenshots:

Without adv. map shading

With adv. map shading

And some BA units are very bright when seen from straight above (see the 10 flash tanks):

On a first look, I would guess that this comes from the quite high DiffuseColor values for units und ground (but not 100% sure and didn't test it; could do so tomorrow, if you're interested).
Attachments
LivingLands2.1_flashs.jpg
BA Units
(94.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
LivingLands2.0_advms.jpg
With Adv. Mapshading
(111.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
LivingLands2.0_noadvms.jpg
Without Adv. Mapshading
(86.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aeonios

Post by aeonios »

hmm.. that's kind of annoying. If I turn down the brightness it looks way too dark without adv. I do want to figure out what's causing that though, that's definitely too bright. I think you might be right about it being diffuse color, which unfortunately would mean I'd have to put up with looking at a dark map. :|

edit: ok I reduced the ground diffuse, unit diffuse and unit specular colors to hopefully balance it out a bit under adv. Updating with a minor version bump.
qray

Post by qray »

Played a bit with the settings. When I use

Code: Select all

groundDiffuseColor  = { 0.8, 0.8, 0.8 },
groundSpecularColor = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 },
it looks like this (adv. map shading on):
Without adv. map shading, it looks pretty much the same - but without shiny metal spots.

And with

Code: Select all

unitDiffuseColor    = { 0.7, 0.7, 0.7 },
unitSpecularColor   = {0.2, 0.2, 0.2 },
The flash tanks are not blindingly shiny:

EDIT: Ups, didn't get during writing and making screenshots that you had already uploaded an update
Attachments
LivingLands2.0_flashs-lessspec.jpg
(59.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
LivingLands2.0_lessdiff.jpg
(88.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aeonios

Post by aeonios »

ah, my updated settings are actually really close to that, too. I have unit-specular set a little bit higher, so those tanks would be a bit brighter, but it should still be well within reasonable.
aeonios

Post by aeonios »

v2.02 is now up. Notes and new screenshots can be found on the springfiles page:
http://springfiles.com/spring/spring-ma ... ng-lands-0

Return to “Map Releases”