River Nix.

River Nix.

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

River Nix.

Post by smoth »

Well someone took the name river valley for a s44 map and now I have to rename my map. Lame but hey, after 6 years of tweaks and changes with the times, is it really that big a deal?

Anyway, I am putting out a test version of this map

Image Image

River Nix version 20

so yeah, give it a whirl and see if you like it. I cannot promise great things but I hope you will find great enjoyment. With luck everyone will be happy but odds are people will have something here or there that causes issue and probably is just a minor tweak.
Cheesecan

Re: River Nix.

Post by Cheesecan »

That happened to me with my map named "Lost".

Good thing because it was a poor map (made when I found the source code to a delphi texture generator and had some fun modifying it to support larger output files). Maybe it got some play because it was confused with the popular Beherith map. :mrgreen:

Nice texture on this map. Will be good in BA if you add lua metal spots - they are kinda touchy about that.
smoth

Post by smoth »

ba doesn't use map metal spots any more?
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Screens in the first post are on https host, that causes a certificate warning for me.

As for the map itself: tried it with NOTA and Spring 93.1 to see how AIs fare there. Units tend to get stuck on the edges of hills a lot, but that looks to be engine problem, not map. Otherwise it seems fine.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Map has some pathfinding issues with units regularly getting stuck on the bridges..
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

Engine has some pathfinding issues with units regularly getting stuck on everything..
ftfy

Return to “Map Releases”