Attachments
2.jpg
(359.92 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
1.jpg
(394.01 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Cheesecan

Re: New FFA Map - Doomed

Post by Cheesecan »

Nice map! I like it better than the last.

Perhaps you could make sea connected and add some beaches in the corners to go down there?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Does the name relate to the chance of victory for those that start in the middle spots?
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Looks cool! Pro. Needs some trees though :>
Google_Frog wrote:Does the name relate to the chance of victory for those that start in the middle spots?
I may be worst person to judge, since I hate ffa, and hardly never play it, but how I would see this, is that middle players will be damned to hell.

How to fix? How to make it more cool? Place holes so that there will be water pools on the middle.

Just a quick thought, you may ignore:
Attachments
quickthought.jpg
(410.85 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Or give them an advantage like 1 more metal spot / geo / wall-to-the-outer-ring?
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Tried it, plays very well! I like the attention to detail and the nice ssmf. The lighting could use some work, and maybe some features would be nice too. May I assist in that?

Edit: also make the sea blend into map. What did you use for heightmap/texture?
fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

In my logical, and therefore completely unrealistic, analysis of gameplay, the middle players would avoid contact with the others, instead focusing on the edges, so they shouldn't have a complete disadvantage. I have not been able to see an actual game to make any conclusions though.

SirArturri: those spots you marked are start positions :o

I purposely made the sea inaccessible and useless with 0 tidal. I felt that if there were access, then it would just advantage the corner players, which obviously wouldn't be a very good idea.

I'll admit, I don't have much interest in and suck at(read: have no damn clue about) lighting, atmosphere, and features. I would gladly accept any help with that stuff.

Beherith: I used Photoshop and World Machine for the heightmap and Terragen for the texture.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I liked the map, the openness makes ppl more careful. The texture looks bland from far away but its cool up close, the complete opposite of many maps :D. Two slight issues and a comment:
Sun dir is totally messed up and units in BA look (more) like shit because of this.
Starting in the corner is a definite advantage, I would recommend you lower the m amount near the edges.
It is not apparent at first that vechs can also go into craters / hills. This is not a bug or anything, but first time players will start kbots cause of this.
fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

What is wrong with the sun direction? It makes the shadows point exactly where they should.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

The surface of the commander is all grey.
fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

Hmm, I obviously don't have the right settings to see that...well, that just proves my points
fc14159 wrote:I'll admit, I don't have much interest in and suck at(read: have no damn clue about) lighting, atmosphere, and features. I would gladly accept any help with that stuff.

Return to “Map Releases”