MidKnight wrote:Excellent map.

One question, though.

Is this map Official?

lol!

The map looks fun.
smoth

Re: .:New Map:. EvoRTS Division

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote: He could have included a brighter rock texture with the map and overrode the originals..

*edits* ALSO THE ROCKS should probably be sandstone or at least tan. There is no grey stone nearby so I am asking myself who dropped rocks everywhere..
Don't blame the rocks there is no way the rocks could match hues and colors exactly unless they were made for the map
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

How is people actually commenting on a map for once a great controversy?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Because every single time I release one, great controversy over little silly stuff ensues.

@mk, yes :P
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: .:New Map:. EvoRTS Division v7

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

*great controversy ensues*
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Yeah, especially because I'm talking totally out of my ass and it doesn't work :-(

V8 will prolly be out tomorrow and thanks to JK it will actually work as intended. In the meantime, I'm sorry, iFail :-(

Also, I dunno what to do about the rocks. Should I simply remove them? I didn't think they were so bad, but I dunno *shrug*
knorke

Post by knorke »

AF wrote:*great controversy ensues*
*no it does not*

imo there are few maps where rocks really look good, ie field of isis does it decently. near/in water looks mostly okay too.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

I don't see anything bad happening if you just removing the rocks. You're right that they're not so bad, but they don't really add anything either I think.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I'm trying to sort it out so that the mod does not need to declare the features archive as a dependency by doing it via the map. It has required a lot of engine dev bugfixing regarding map code, but hopefully by 4/16/11 it'll be sorted out. Once I have it v08 will be released and it will no longer rely on the mod depending upon the feature archive.

Note, when I say a lot of engine dev bugfixing... I mean that basically JK had to hand hold me through figuring out exactly what was going wrong and now he's rewriting mapinfo (which is a lot of work) so that it will be useful again. Moreover there is a confusing situation where 2 mapinfos are required which is O_o, but anyway, basically JK is saving the day on this one.

I'mma take another look at the map and just remove the rocks completely and maybe see if there is something else that would add to it. If I can't find anything I'll just let it be.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

looks very nice !
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

nice textures
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Well ok, so yes, JK did comepletely re-write mapinfo.lua. That's the good news. The bad news is that apparently him and smoth clash upon the way configs are done, so progress is stalled until smoth I guess tells me what to do *shrug* Because I don't really know what is going on tbh.
smoth

Post by smoth »

We have not even talked about the mapinfo changes. Fact of the matter is he is an engine dev I am not. he can do what he wants and I will have to update my shit.

You on the other hand ran in to do dependencies and then after the fact sought my advice. Even though you knew I was moving and still have unpacking to do as I type this. You could have at least waited and got with me on a weekend.

I am not in a clash with either person as I am not able to be in chat long enough right now to talk to either and now that I have gone back to working, I have precious little time.

Return to “Map Releases”