.:RoughShores:. - new map,now V6 - Page 2

.:RoughShores:. - new map,now V6

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: .:RoughShores:. - new map,now V2

Post by Jazcash »

You don't have to cry about it Gota, just take it and improve from it. Ranting just makes us dislike your map even more.

All the most played maps are not ugly, in fact quite the opposite. In fact, just about every map that has ever been made uses more than one texture alone.

If every map maker thought like you'd did, every map would look the same.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I like it. It looks like swampflats which is cool. It'd also make for good semi-amphibious fighting. What it needs more than anything is an abundance of swampy trees.

Gota, can I modify this map for use with S44? By modify I mean change metal layout/amount.
Gota

Post by Gota »

No,you cannot.
Since it not finished yet..i will refine it in the weekend and release v3 than u can do whatever u want with it.

Jazcash,spare me cause i dont care what u think to be honest.
Sir play the map first.
second of all metal amounts do matter.
Imagine if i was to make one of the islands have 15 metal spots..would it be easier to play there?yes it would(if we put the fact people will gang up on you knowing that you have a sure advatage aside)now if it was to have 0 metal spots while the others have 5-6 would it be harder to play there?hell yeah...
ON this scale you can move forward and backweard and i decided that gving those 2 connected areas 1 more mex is balanced enough based on other map features and locations of enemies.
PLAY IT.
I sculpted it intentionally with l3dt...every parameter like the distance of the center form different parts and locations and metal amouts is calculated in.
Than i randomized it a bit just to give it a natural feel.
I didnt just generate a random terrain..

And another thing artturi..i asked for your help in making the texture..it would have been very easy for you since u know how to use bryce nicely and the map doesn't have a complicated heightmap..
You refused and now you say you don't like the texture..
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Gota wrote:(if we put the fact people will gang up on you knowing that you have a sure advatage aside)
False. Ive played more large FFA games on tons of maps than I would care to count.
Two things Ive noticed:
1. People seem to want casus belli to attack you. So dont provoke and you will be safe for a while.
2. People very rarely gang up on the strongest player. They seemed to be content with taking as many other players down with them as possible.
And another thing artturi..i asked for your help in making the texture..it would have been very easy for you since u know how to use bryce nicely and the map doesn't have a complicated heightmap..
You call him a retard and now expect him to be guilt tripped into making you a texture?
Why do you expect anyone to sacrifice their free time for you if you treat them like this?

Why anyone would offer to help you with anything after you've wronged them is beyond me.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Cause your an emotional person?
Swearing and cursing and insulting is part of human interaction..grow up and man up.
don't be so angry and spiteful...
The fact I throw in a retarded or fool once in a while shouldn't make you hate me for eternity..

Oh,by the way.
You need to play a map for some time to understand what part is oped..
Also the bigger the map the harder it is to do that...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Gota wrote:Cause your an emotional person?
Swearing and cursing and insulting is part of human interaction..grow up and man up.
don't be so angry and spiteful...

Oh,by the way.
You need to play a map for some time to understand what part is oped..
Also the bigger the map the harder it is to do that...
WRONG! Mearth is easily one of the biggest maps and it didn't take long to realize the corners were the best spots.

Anyways, I don't care if you don't care what I think. I'm simply making the fact you are incapable of taking criticism, public.

Stop bitching, pick up from the points people originally started making constructively and improve. Whining, bitching and pretending your map was "made for this" or "made for that" won't help.
Gota

Post by Gota »

It is you who thinks this thread is about bitching and whining about my map but this is my thread and i only made it so people know a new map was released.
All the useful criticism was taken into consideration and was brought to light in the first game i played on this map.

And i will definitely not listen to criticism from people who haven't even tried it.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Gota wrote:
I haven't complained about the texture, but now that you mention, It isn't very inspiring...

And I think I gave you good reason why I'm not doing textures for your map.

Whatsoever I think we made a good argue over here and thats all we wanted :>
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Gota wrote:Swearing and cursing and insulting is part of human interaction..grow up and man up.
I can tell you that that attitude is not conducive to retaining forum privileges.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gota wrote:Swearing and cursing and insulting is part of human interaction..grow up and man up.
Only if you are really angry or really crude.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I took your behavior in this thread and others over the last week into consideration in your Warning. You may only receive only one.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Can you quantify it?
I am used to grades.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

"The Warning" means you've been naughty on the internets and Daddy Neddie is going to punish you
Gota

Re: .:RoughShores:. - new map,now V3

Post by Gota »

Gota

Re: .:RoughShores:. - new map,now V3

Post by Gota »

and now to make another one :(
Gota

Re: .:RoughShores:. - new map,now V4

Post by Gota »

V4
fixed metal layout of right upper start...stretched the location of the mexes more towards the middle.
http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2058
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

I like how this is different from other maps!
Gota

Post by Gota »

sarcasm is the weapon of the weak.
Gota

Re: .:RoughShores:. - new map,now V5

Post by Gota »

V5
no scanlines,texture improved a bit.

http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2058

daan 79

Re: .:RoughShores:. - new map,now V5 final

Post by daan 79 »

It wasnty sarcasm gota. Behe fix those Trees in BB :D.

Return to “Map Releases”