New map - Zion v1 - 1v1 kbot map

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

This is an 8*8, 1v1 kbot map.

Textured with Carrara, pre shaded with WICed, and heightmap made with World Machine.

I may have went a bit overboard with the texture, but I just liked it so much I decided to keep it.

Maplink:
http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2032
Wisse

Re: New map - Zion v1 - 1v1 kbot map

Post by Wisse »

Zomg new bot map! I'll try it out during this weekend.

Thx a bunch man <3
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

This map looks really nice :)

I think the main criticism I could offer is that the strata lines continue on the flat ground. I think it would look a lot more realistic if you had put a sand layer or something that would have likely collected in the lowland valley areas.
kburts

Post by kburts »

looking very nice! i think i like this one over rapids becasue it's better for hammerers...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Yummy yummy yummy, I love the texture. Also love the fact there's no flat open areas meaning it won't force players to eco farm as much. Very nice :)
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

interesting! looks like WICed's normal map render blended with something else doing the strata. WICed probably can't do the strata as well with its smaller heightmap input.

i'm glad you did some 1v1 maps - they are the next on my queue and i have lotsa people buggin me for them but i have tons of other RL crap on my plate :/
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yeah cararra does some really neat things in the way it textures, (pretty much the same as byrce3d if I'm not mistaken). Looks omgfukwin.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

haha nice man. I allways loved carraras sandstone textures. Nice job on combining it with wiceds normalmaps.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

I'd be interested to see a flooded version (quite high water level, for sea play only).
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

TheFatController wrote:I'd be interested to see a flooded version (quite high water level, for sea play only).
Unfortunate that it doesn't look like there'd be any flat ground to build on in such a case. It'd be nothing but naval combat, with the occaisional hover used for sneak-attacks.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Pxtl wrote:
TheFatController wrote:I'd be interested to see a flooded version (quite high water level, for sea play only).
Unfortunate that it doesn't look like there'd be any flat ground to build on in such a case. It'd be nothing but naval combat, with the occaisional hover used for sneak-attacks.
That's the idea :) the chokepoints just look pretty good for sea maybe
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Wow, thats a hell of texture!
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Beherith, I just played this map, and you know what?

ITS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

And what made it even better was that I just won my first game ever in a year on it! THANK YOU MAN!!!
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Looks fantastic!
One thing you could do is to add little brightness and less contrast to shadows...
Gota

Post by Gota »

This map has a fun heightmap but could you re-texture it and smoothen the rough edges?
The 2 main problems with it is the fact colors repeat themselves and kbot movement.You got white and brown and orange lines all over on every height...this makes it hard to see what height is where...
also since you have like red(heightmap) patches scattered in some places kbots move chaotically and unpredictably.
If you could smoothen those areas or make their texture look different it would be awesome.

Return to “Map Releases”