Lava and Two Hills - Page 2

Lava and Two Hills

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Zw, the lava on OTA maps was void for most of the time (possibly all of the time), so nothing could go over it other than aircraft.
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Yeah nothing can go over lava except planes. Units would just not go there. Instead of walk there like acid and slowly die.

Another thing is, If a hover would move over lave, the skirt would actually start to burn(because it touches the lava, like on the ground or on water), slowly lowering the hover until the actual hover would touch the lave after which it would burn to death obviously.

So maybe it's not so logical to have hovers move over lava...
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Lower the camera; TA hover's don't touch the ground.

I agree with zw, have two default values. A value for crossable by nothing except hovers, and a value crossable by nothing.

For example, consider this map. Allowing hovercraft to cross would definitely make it very interesting. On a map like Lava Highground, it might not be the case. (I think it'd make it interesting, but I can see the argument against it)...
mufdvr222

Post by mufdvr222 »

I am uploading a new version of this map tomorrow with the new water damage tag added, set to 10000,, along with a new metal map that gives the correct metal output per deposit, "within 0.1 of what it is in OTA TA" actually all but three metal patches on each side have exactly the right amount of metal yield and the terrain itself will give 0.2 metal as is the case with the original TA version.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Just a side note, to actually have that tag used you have to be using a freshly compiled version.

http://www.epicedit.com/spring.zip

Any time I update the source and there are official changes, I recompile and re-zip the file. So it's always going to be the newest build.

-Buggi
mufdvr222

Post by mufdvr222 »

I don`t know if this map got updated at fileuniverse or not but its much better than the version currently there.
Just thought I would ask as the update is better off being done sooner rather than later.
Changes can be found in the first post in this thread. :-)
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

mufdvr222

Post by mufdvr222 »

Return to “Map Releases”