.:MAP:. Clover Isle Basic

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

A stripped down version of my unreleased Clover Isle map. Beware the seas of deadly acid, for they shall render your units inoperative.

Size: 10 x 10
Metal: High
Style: Hand & Filter
File Size: ~3 MB

Get it here; http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/35 ... sle_Basic/
Last edited by Neddie on 28 Aug 2007, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

sweet! a st patricks day themed map!

seriously though, looks great
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Thanks, PL!
pintle

Post by pintle »

do hovers take acid damage?

looking good, your mapping skills a progressing nicely :)
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

completely hand-done map texture? how long did that take :shock:
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

the pinstriping is a real shame though :(
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Hovers do not take acid damage; hand & filter, but mostly hand - took too long I suppose - at least this time I didn't do the hand part in MS Paint; Yeah, no idea how to get rid of the pinstripes.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

me either and its really chappin my ass, so im gonna go bump my pinstriping thread

also, you should go get l3dt or terragen for texturing ftw 8)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I have l3dt, but I've not been convinced that springing for the cost is worth is yet. Besides, I need to make texture sets before it will be useful anyway - I have some climates from Quanto and Forboding, but I find that original material calls me...
LBPB

Post by LBPB »

I love Acid !

gj
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

neddiedrow wrote:I have l3dt, but I've not been convinced that springing for the cost is worth is yet. Besides, I need to make texture sets before it will be useful anyway - I have some climates from Quanto and Forboding, but I find that original material calls me...
climates for l3dt are really mainly just slope tolerances. there's not that much to them, just modify one to suit your needs. they also contain the scalar quantities for how tall your bumps on your normal maps are, so you need to tweak all of those for your textures.

remember, always render with light set where you want it to be and with detail cranked to the max (duh), but never render the light with water, since spring will do that for you. let those normal maps do their work, they look really really good if you have the right detail texture.

you can just drop an email to aaron and ask for a temporary key. i think they last a month. if you get hooked you'll probably need it for longer than that 8)

as for the textures themselves, try http://www.filterforge.com
Mr.Frumious

Post by Mr.Frumious »

Love it. Small filesize, good concept, some personality, and doesn't look like it was spat out immaculate from a terrain generator. Beautiful. But I haven't had a chance to play it, so I'll reserve final judgement. How big are those metal sources. Any geos?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Metal sources are 1.1 or there about, not too high, pretty middle of the road. For a map this size, however, there are a lot of them. No geothermals are present, though in the advanced version, I'm considering replacing the metal spot capping the hill with a geothermal.
Mr.Frumious

Post by Mr.Frumious »

neddiedrow wrote:Metal sources are 1.1 or there about, not too high, pretty middle of the road. For a map this size, however, there are a lot of them. No geothermals are present, though in the advanced version, I'm considering replacing the metal spot capping the hill with a geothermal.
Sweet merciful crap, that would be horrifying with a Core cannon-geo on it.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Precisely. It would increase the incentive for the hill in E&E, AA/BA/CA/XTA/TA, SWS and s44 - and nobody would ever let a foe hold it for long.

Return to “Map Releases”