New Map: Darktide (All Water Warfare)

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Darktide, my first ever TA Spring map, is now available for download at fileuniverse.

preview image at: http://fileuniverse.com/?page=showimage&ID=313

download at: http://fileuniverse.com/?page=showitem&ID=778

happy gaming
hrmph
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Hmm...

okay, some general rules of map making..

1) never post your _first_ map
2) only post your first map if more than 10 hours of work went into its creation.
3) wtf?
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

I'd say I spent 10 hours _worth_ of time just figuring out how to make it and get it to work..(A 4096pixelbitmap, I mean wtf..) In reality its probably just around 3 hours or so worth of work. I figure,there are only like 15 maps available, so why not release another one? General rules of mapmaking, what is this mapmaking class?
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Don't mind Buggi, he has been tortured many times on TAU message boards i'm sure.

Good attempt but I can clearly see that you might want to work on your Terragen skills :) the spikes are a bit ugly looking and quite unnatural.

I'm not attacking you, just giving you some constructive criticism on your first map!

Hey, feel good about your self, I haven't even made a map yet! I don't even know how to get Terragen's camera angle to be straight down without bugs...
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Hey, thanks for the constructive criticism.. I also noticed some parts that have sunlight/shading problems.. There are also alot of dividers that intentionally look non-realistic.
hrmph

Return to “Map Releases”