My New Map

My New Map

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

My New Map

Post by SinbadEV »

Currently Called "Green Cloudness" My second attempt at a map is much prettier... there are two mesa's that have terrain to build on, and then the water I suppose, need to get the metal patches aligned properly though... huge map (in my opinion 513*513 heightmap) with little to no room to build...

EDIT: http://www.geocities.com/theonlybendavis/GC.html

Most Obviouse CHange needed is the sky/clouds... but it's time for bed... also, the texture is plainer then I had hoped...

EDIT: links to images weren't broken...I had exceeded my transfer limit... heh...
Last edited by SinbadEV on 11 May 2005, 15:53, edited 4 times in total.
mongus

Uh!

Post by mongus »

I looks as ugly as your avatar! :o

I looks nice, as you say a little plain...
its like a hard map. very difficult place for tanks and ground units.
artillery from the lower side may be usefull.. high trajectory?

maybe this can give you some ideas
http://www.river-runners.org/deso/

just googled it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That looks atmospheric and sends out sinister vibes. reminds me of the original startrek witht he sky. Half those image linsk are broken tho...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Where's the flat parts where you can build a base and where armies can roam?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Flat parts are tiny and in the middle left and middle right... probably need a few more of them...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Okay... I got it how I like it, and uploaded it... I think it looks good... there is enough room for a basic base on the platauxghs, and odd spots around the place are flat enough for small buildings, managed to build a krog gantry with a little dgunning... designed for 2 players mostly...

lets see if it's accepted by the http://www.fileuniverse.com peoples
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

FileUniverse should accept all working-final version maps.

Then users should be able to rate the maps (out of 10, like TAMEC, but user oriented now, because its too new to have an objective ranker). Its easier to click "rank out of 10" then post a comment, and it will give people an idea of what maps are like...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Fair and objective dedicated reviewers are five legged sheeps. Public rankings are too easily abuseable. I don't think they are such a good idea. Uploading minimap and ingame screenshots to let each visitor see what it is like before downloading sounds better to me.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

On that subject, I finally got it the way I wanted it at like 11:30 last night or so. so havn't had a change to get real screenshots.

Return to “Map Releases”