AA 3.1 (Classic) - Page 3

AA 3.1 (Classic)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

ah, yeah I really like his lightening and some of those explosions. Something is still missing though. I feel the same way about my work though.

*edits* I probably sound not as positive as I am about it. I like a lot of things he did. Some of the stuff may be usefull to look at and learn from. I gotta run(watching pride and predjudice with the gf) Anyway, good job, the offer still stands though, if there is anything in the 2.0 pack that is useful be my guest. .laters bbl guys :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

Ok, I am back. Sorry guys, wanted to spend some time with panda.

Anyway, Yeah, good stuff. I like a lot of them. I wanted to extend my thanks to quantum for spending the time on the effects. I can now enjoy watching AA games. I am probably going to spec a few just to observe his efforts.

It may be a bit premature but should I not become unimpressed congratulations on the work.

-Smoth
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

the explosion effect on core nukes is far larger than the one on arm nukes
smoth

Post by smoth »

hmm. I just went through the whole core tech tree.

Are the effects not all implemented yet?

Also, things of note:

quantum

Post by quantum »

I'm glad you like them :-)

I'm still working on those effects, those you see are the ones that are usable, taken from a mod project I'm working on along with Fox and Saktoth.

The units with new effects are only the Brawler, Flash, Peewee, Rocko, Stumpy, Arm Torpedo Launcher, Zeus, Rapier, Leveler, Slasher, Shellshocker, Wolverine, and Banshee, which has a few script problems.

Oh, I did something to the Silencer too :twisted:

I didn't touch the Liche, but I can fix it, it's missing a few lines in the cob.

Looks like I forgot to include a texture used by the Shellshocker. :oops:

Thanks for the feedback. Can't wait for your new FX pack!
smoth

Post by smoth »

no problem. I got some neat ideas from some of your stuff. I like the spirit of this sort of thing, people give and share ideas then ultimately we end up with a better project for all sides involved.

This community is finally starting to become a community.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

FX are prematurely included, quantum still has a long list of units to do FX for :P.

Once the general "look and feel" stage of FX is done, comes the "performance testing, size/look tweaks and bug squashing" stage.

After that, we maek sum balance chaengs den ruhleeze owah sekret projekt!

Quantum decided to maek his work uh, public before finishing everything... so :P.
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

The Liche has always been like that AFAIK.

Is there any chance of updated models for AA? Like the shiny XTA ones? Though I guess even if you can use those as a start there's still a lot of units to be redone.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

I can hash out highpoly models for a lot of things, if someone wants to UVMap them...
smoth

Post by smoth »

dragon it is not the model but the black strips that should have been hidden in the script.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

From everything I've seen and heard, fox,saktoth, and quantums project is gonna pretty much hardcore pwn.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

i ran a few aai test matches and im really impressed by the new effects in 3.2, it looks really great!

(though i dont like the new explosion of the missile fired by the banisher)
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Sure thing, some help shall be no problem. I'm no modder though, but i can test some stuff or so...
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

I'm saying in general for the mod

Actually no icant now because my comp died and i aint bothering fixing/whatever it for several weeks.

and i think the black stripes are supposed to be landing gear :o)
smoth

Post by smoth »

they are for it's vtol take off effect and it's rear thruster(missing :()
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

There's alotta things missing and broken, after all i've pretty much turned aa from a game to a research project :P
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

ehm why is there no hint to current versions of this mod in the forum? and why aa 3.2 -> aa 5.0 within ~ a week??
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Different developers.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

i know but i think it would be helpful to announce new releases here in the forum as well as increasing version number within a certain range
smoth

Post by smoth »

This whole thing is what aggrivates me about the TA based mods.

In my opinion someone should port TA directly to spring. Then Corret all issues and scripts. Then AA, BA, XTA, LLTA, NOTA, BOTA.. blah blah blah can just call that file as a reference.

I am SHOCKED that the lich still has it's black emitter strips on it. Things like things could and should be fixed. Also having a TA mod base for all mods would mean making a TA:Styled mod would be much easier and they would be smaller to download. However, all the TA:S mod makers want to work apart from each other.

christ people! There are like 10-12 people who are moding TA's content. IMAGINE if you all got together, modeled, textured and rescripted TA! JUST IMAGINE IT! PLEASE HEAR MY CRY PEOPLE! It is known that better work is completed through community effort and competition is detrimental to a community. seriously, please consider it!

That being said... I still think NBA would be a better title :)

Return to “Game Releases”