Foxomaniac wrote:In recent news, someone liked the way coms spawn in supcom :

http://froob.iamacup.com/media/video4.avi

Wow, that is really cool.
wow hrmph is alive
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Foxomaniac wrote:In recent news, someone liked the way coms spawn in supcom :

http://froob.iamacup.com/media/video4.avi
Reminds me of the time travel in the Terminator movies.
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

http://froob.iamacup.com/media/stuff.avi

All those look really nice! It took a long time for someone to actually start taking advantage of what spring has to offer :/
Ling_Lover

Post by Ling_Lover »

http://froob.iamacup.com/media/shoockwave.avi
cool!

so, can we make the damage come when the shockwave reaches it? and blow units away? (at where the shockwave is and not inside it)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

How do you make the small "impacts"? Invisible particles that show up only for a moment?
quantum

Post by quantum »

Thank you all for your comments!

KDR, I used the particle spawner (class=CExpGenSpawner) to delay their appearance.
so, can we make the damage come when the shockwave reaches it? and blow units away?
No idea how I could do that, probably the best way is to bug one of the Script Wizards :wink: .

But lets not derail Nixa's thread.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

In Spring the damage always expands with a shockwave but the computations to know how fast it expands are arcane.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Ling_Lover wrote:http://froob.iamacup.com/media/shoockwave.avi
cool!

so, can we make the damage come when the shockwave reaches it? and blow units away? (at where the shockwave is and not inside it)
Animations like this make a good argument why it would be nice to be able to define secondary warheads in weapons. The first boom could be one event. The splatter effect (or shockwave after effects I guess it could be said) with all of those neat mini puffs could be a separate event. As it is, its beautiful but the effects have no teeth representative of them.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Well, the shockwave stuff was overkill, but I liked teh explosion and the little flying projectiles that came out of it... I always did love explosions like that...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

These effects are AWSOME!

Now make them bigger. And explodier. TA has always been a game of absurd over the topness...so units shoulden't just explode...they should explore REALLY big.

And are we any closer to Death Animations? All these effects need are death animations to back them up, and we have a very good looking mod.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

MadRat wrote: Animations like this make a good argument why it would be nice to be able to define secondary warheads in weapons. The first boom could be one event. The splatter effect (or shockwave after effects I guess it could be said) with all of those neat mini puffs could be a separate event. As it is, its beautiful but the effects have no teeth representative of them.
Not really true. it would be pretty trivial to add a weapon in the unit's script that detonates at the same time as the shockwave goes out. or to set the explosionspeed of the weapon hit to match the shockwave.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Nemo wrote:
MadRat wrote: Animations like this make a good argument why it would be nice to be able to define secondary warheads in weapons. The first boom could be one event. The splatter effect (or shockwave after effects I guess it could be said) with all of those neat mini puffs could be a separate event. As it is, its beautiful but the effects have no teeth representative of them.
Not really true. it would be pretty trivial to add a weapon in the unit's script that detonates at the same time as the shockwave goes out. or to set the explosionspeed of the weapon hit to match the shockwave.
Can you create an example? I don't believe this is the case, but I do trust what I can see.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

These particle effects are pretty cool and look good, but don't overdo it. The particle limit of 20k (or less, depends on user) isn't really as much as one might think. At worst you won't see all of them in large scale battles.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

MadRat wrote: Can you create an example? I don't believe this is the case, but I do trust what I can see.
I misread your post; I thought you meant the fancy unit explosions.

However, what you mean is still somewhat possible.

There are a few ways to accomplish this, but the most straightforward would be to have a clone weapon with the same characteristics fired alongside the real one with a slightly higher airtime. Either that or just slow down the explosion speed of the main weapon, which would give a similar effect.
Last edited by Nemo on 01 Apr 2007, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Post in the AA 5.0 thread guys..

Return to “Game Releases”