AA 3.1 (Classic) - Page 4

AA 3.1 (Classic)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

jackalope

Post by jackalope »

smoth wrote:
christ people! There are like 10-12 people who are moding TA's content. IMAGINE if you all got together, modeled, textured and rescripted TA! JUST IMAGINE IT! PLEASE HEAR MY CRY PEOPLE! It is known that better work is completed through community effort and competition is detrimental to a community. seriously, please consider it!

That being said... I still think NBA would be a better title :)
See that's the thing, you belong to a portion of the communtiy that sees good modeling, texturing, scripting etc as being what makes a good mod. Where as people like me are more concerned about how it plays.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

Well smoth with the limited time i have to work on this, I'm not gonna fix things i can't say i've ever noticed before lol. Maybe we should all make a new project, fact of the matter is I like TA based mods, no idea y, they just appeal (probably coz of games like supcom).

Anyway current version is AA 5.0 on the random number generater scale

http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/26 ... tion_V5.0/

PS: to all liche photo takers, don't. I know your obsession, but just don't, it's only a unit, photograph the krow plz
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

It's easy to fix though. Open the model in upspring, memorize the names of the two pieces. Then decobble the script with scriptor and add hide <piecename>; at the beginning of the Create() function. Recompile, fixed. Better yet, replace them with empty objects in upspring, shouldn't break the script.

There are always people who notice small things like this.
Furthermore this takes about 5 minutes to fix and doesn't require much knowledge at all.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

rattle wrote:It's easy to fix though. Open the model in upspring, memorize the names of the two pieces. Then decobble the script with scriptor and add hide <piecename>; at the beginning of the Create() function. Recompile, fixed. Better yet, replace them with empty objects in upspring, shouldn't break the script.

There are always people who notice small things like this.
Furthermore this takes about 5 minutes to fix and doesn't require much knowledge at all.
decobblify the watwizzit?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

I think the fx are a little too yellowey and orangey. :shock:
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I think the fx are a little too yellowey and orangey.
Erm well aside from making them blue, purple, green, or red.. (yeah thats pretty much it.. could you make a much more specific comment cause that is really not helpful at all..
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

"votes for pink"
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Nixa wrote:"votes for pink"
Noez, my exposions are pink >:\ (well the mines, anyway)
smoth

Post by smoth »

jackalope wrote: See that's the thing, you belong to a portion of the communtiy that sees good modeling, texturing, scripting etc as being what makes a good mod. Where as people like me are more concerned about how it plays.
No, I come from a community that consider game play a GIVEN. I come from a mindset that it should not be a big mention that you are working on game play because that would be expected. I come from a mindset that has gotten past zomygosh I can maek balance and I just get disappointed in balance.

Also, fuck you, I have been working on gundam on and off for almost 3 years. In that time, I have done more thought about game play and balance in TA then you have. I will not even get into it because it should be fucking obvious that I have thought about it. Guess what, I made my content, I had to start from scratch and I wrote my scripts from the ground up. So how about you step off of your 1 foot tall pedestal and lick my boot as I ride my higher horse outa here.

I have had enough of you and other retarded shits telling me that my mod is all looks and no game play. I MADE my mod, I did not borrow content and I did not inherit it. I had to create a system to handle costs what goes in what teir and the whole time trying to stay strict to a fiction that was written in the late 70s and early 80s. I had to create all my weapon profiles from the ground up. I did not have that already made, I had to devise a way to balance all of that quirky shit. The cannon of Gundam meant I could not just decide to create whatever unit I needed. oh and unlike the popular mods I did not have 100s of people track bugs yet I do not have shit like the black polies on that lich. I had to test it my own damn self and I had to make balance decisions on limited testing! I had to work balance around it. You want a fucking challenge that is a fucking challenge.

so no, I consider balance at all times you arrogant shit. I just also happen to hold aesthetics as important as well.

so I will say this in a looooooong thread later as this is the BA thread. I do not want to start a loooooong conversation on it or a flame war in nixa's thread.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Nixa wrote:Well smoth with the limited time i have to work on this, I'm not gonna fix things i can't say i've ever noticed before lol. Maybe we should all make a new project, fact of the matter is I like TA based mods, no idea y, they just appeal (probably coz of games like supcom).

PS: to all liche photo takers, don't. I know your obsession, but just don't, it's only a unit, photograph the krow plz
I was just looking at the units and it was glaring to me. I hope it is helpfull, if I had more time I would look more. As far as time, take your time, if it is worth doing do it right :). No worries, I am just happy if you can address it some time :). I just wish there was a "core" mod that was OTA pure based, that way it would be easier for people to start. I know several people, myself included considered AA far removed from OTA.

as a minor thing. I always felt that the hellfire tank(rotary barrel with purple lasers) was a great core unit, would you consider adding it?
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

shit... jackalope.. walk away while you still can.. and has ANYONE EVER THOUGHT TO FREAKING ASK ME FOR HELP.. NO god I could fix that liche thing inside of 5 minutes.. NO PROBLEM..

I helped Kuro.. I can help you.. all I ask is that you ask..
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

*could of sworn smoth said he was riding his high horse out of the thread*

The second to last comment by you, smoth, was totally unnecessary. Your personal crusade to criticize - making mountains out of others molehill faults - makes it difficult to stomach your commentary at all. People can generally care less how much time you spend on a project they are not even discussing about in the first place. Please take some time to think about how your audience is going to interpret your comments before you respond. You might surprise yourself just how rash you've really been lately.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Look, if you are going to troll then respond in the other fucking thread... this is nixa thread. Whatever so it is a ISACH thread... still stop trolling it up.
Last edited by smoth on 30 Mar 2007, 06:16, edited 2 times in total.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Yeah, yeah, whatever. I posted in your little dedicated tantrum thread. Last time I checked it wasn't Nixa's thread, but Ishach's, and by the post count it looks like you've long since passed up any three others in this thread combined. I really wish you'd let this mod do its own thing and stop chiming in about gundam this and that. For christ's sake, please stop bringing up gundam in every thread.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I WAS DEFENDING MYSELF JACK MADE THE ATTACK You FUCK!

fuck dude, troll me in my other thread you asshole.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

<looks left>

<looks right>

Three things. First: Humans are very visually oriented. Our eyes are very important to us. And we like seeing things that are pretty. We also like having things that work. So mods need both good game play AND good graphics. As far as I can see, AA has pretty good game play. So would it really hurt to spend some time on the graphical parts?

Second: Calm down, everyone. This isn't "The Crazies" and we're not all infected with a virus that either drives you insane or kills you. (If you haven't seen the Crazies, then you should. It's one of Romero's forgotten classics, really good movie about how, in a desperate situation, the difference between desperation and insanity becomes very...very vague. It's creepy as hell.) So we can all discuss things without getting all capslocky...

Thirdly: I am also in favor of pink. Only problem is that this is violet and not pink

and, as a minor PS: I beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R! Hurray for me!
smoth

Post by smoth »

nixa, I have some purple and pink explosions. if you want a specific colored and styled explosion ask and I will do it.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

@ Smoth :

My team and I are already trying to do what you suggested at last page's post.

We've already re-textured the liche and removed the black thingies.

as for effects :

People, you suck.

Let's travel back in time! :

Fox has just begun to maek FX!, he had no qualms about color.
*snip*
*Fox posts some screenshots*
*snip*
Fox watches angry forumites who want explosions to mainly stay as yellow/red instead of "being all colorful like gundam and ee LOL!.

This is why I'm going to have a policy of a big corporation :

Screw the people.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

What if the people want Machions though, I'm pretty sure they do.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I wouldn't listen to people on this one.

Return to “Game Releases”