BOTA 1.6 (Fix 9) (Updated Finally) - Page 4

BOTA 1.6 (Fix 9) (Updated Finally)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

slogic
AI Developer

Re: The BOTA Thread - Version 1.6 Beta ready for open testing!

Post by slogic »

I don't know whether Spring allows to set minimal area of attack per unit but looking at my screenshot it is clear that it is impossible. That is why Vulcan trashed my units in front of its fire line. So, any skilled enemy can use your Vulcan to trash your own base with your own weapon. Right? :) Or is it another hidden feature of BOTA?
Attachments
screen002.jpg
(113.84 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

So it was just hitting the ground while shooting straight ahead? Or where units in front of it?

Update:
I just ran a test ingame, and I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you were just talking about. The vulcan shot safely through all friendly units until they reached their target area, then they died only because they were in the impact zone. It seems to be behaving perfectly normal for me.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Firstly, Vulcan can't hit so close. Secondly, the flying plasma balls hit any friendly unit on its way while unit is not in target zone, they don't not bypass him. If it is a feature & can't be fixed or it is a reallife behaviour simulation then you should consider setting the minimal target range to make it real & safe too, cause any Flea-like unit can run on your base & Vulcan starts smashing it with your base too.

PS. I answered you with two posts. Hope you've seen it on previous page.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

My Armvulc_weapon.tdf has this content:

Code: Select all

[ARMVULC_WEAPON]
{
name=Bertha Cannon;
AvoidFriendly=0;
CollideFriendly=1;
}
I'm not sure what AvoidFriendly tag exactly does, but CollideFriendly should be 0, right? I mean in OTA's concept it should be 0.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

I'll go ahead and change that in the next version. I think the main point of that originally tho was not to allow a super weapon to be turned into a close range base defense. But just for you I'll change it.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Quanto042 wrote:I'll go ahead and change that in the next version. I think the main point of that originally tho was not to allow a super weapon to be turned into a close range base defense. But just for you I'll change it.
Actually the original point was colliding bullets =). But during my investigation another problem arised about unreal minimal range a weapon can target.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Well, it IS a VULCAN. It's a T3 Superweapon, it shouldn't be used as a base defense or short range weapon. And if it has been used as such, you probably should have been losing.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

I just repotred an issue that this mod still has collidable weapon. Beside Vulcan weapon there are another: Armmh_weapon.tdf, Corhrk_weapon.tdf, Corkrog_weapon.tdf, CorMabm_weapon.tdf, Cormh_weapon.tdf, CORTRON_weapon.tdf & some in ROCKETS.TDF & WEAPONS.TDF files. All of them have CollideFriendly=1. Due to OTA nature (which BOTA follows from its source, bit not fully) this is invalid, right? Or these weapons specifically have CollideFriendly attribute set to 1? If this is not an issue (a bug) from your point of view then just say it & i'll stop complaining. Still hope this will be fixed in next release cause fixing it locally is not a big deal for community.
snakeshit

Post by snakeshit »

It's great Quanto, I can't wait until the next release. Gotta love the late night games we've been having. I'll maybe throw a video together to help promote, this is more than worth it.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

In response of Slogic, The Collidefriendly and Avoidfriendly tags were added by me back in version 1.4

They were designed that way on purpose with the idea that some of them (vertical launch weapons for instance) are too powerful to be collide=0. So yes, Collide=1 was intentional.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

A friend of mine who I introduced to Spring & BOTA a week ago has this to say about BOTA...

I would also like to point out that a BOTA promo video should be coming to youtube soon.
K1LLSVV1TCH

Post by K1LLSVV1TCH »

This game is by far the best on Spring. No fucking joke.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

It could still use some additional polish, but I can say with confidence that the gameplay is solid.
Gota

Post by Gota »

did anyone do some 1v1 stress tests?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Gota wrote:did anyone do some 1v1 stress tests?
dont think so, its just a nice mod (with superb MTs) played by finns
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

And a bunch of Canadians during North American Evenings.

The finns are very scary people btw...
Blind_Witness

Post by Blind_Witness »

Hey, hows it going.

I just recently got into TA with a couple of buds and we play it often and then I found out about this spring thing and I like the idea of this mod cuz it seems really close to the real real TA with better graphics.

So I was in glee and I downloaded that beta from the Spring website from here http://springrts.com/wiki/BOTA but there's no sound and my commander can't build anything.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix it? Or is there a different version and I'm just a dumbass?

Anyways any help would be appreciated, plus you'd get a few extra TA players on this engine.

Thanks a lot,
Blind_Witness
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Ah shoot, sorry about the outdate links there. I didn't think people actually read the BOTA page in the Wiki.

The newest version of BOTA is 1.6beta(fix - 7)
The one in the wiki is (fix - 6). 6 Had some issues with the new spring version so I had to do a quick repair. Forgot about the WIKI page.
http://jobjol.nl/2107 <--- This is the latest version. Hopefully this will fix your problem.
Manoa

Post by Manoa »

is the guy who created this image was the one that always kept on typing "don't smoke only inject |==HHHHH--" in the lobby ?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

no news for bota?

Return to “Game Releases”