Post by Noruas »

Opps, fixed, but i still need a large low gravity map :p
overkill

Post by overkill »

OMG that was a fun game i was that hi to
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

Hahahaha funny screen.
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:not a good crowd though, any crowd containing crappage is a bad 'un.
Spoken like a true ballsack...
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

Just so ya know, Com Shooter has lost most of it's popularity, so you might wanna release a new version with a few good changes soon, along with that new variant you were talkin about. A few changes I thought of would be nice:

See if you can replace the Magma model with something else, cuz the smoke really gets in the way and noone knows how to remove smoke from a firing weapon (if someone does, please inform).

Give the Magma a better second weapon, like maybe a Raven-style artillery rocket with slight tracking ability. (If you change the Magma model along with this weapon, make it a tank model so this will be like the cousin to the TLL but with less HP and mass but with more weapons and a shield. Maybe a better dgun would be in order too, like a machine gun similar to Core's, but scatter around a bit and have higher impulse. Com Shooter could use an artillery unit anyway :D).

If you can, remove the recoil on the Talon.

Give all coms an equal turnrate, about the same as Arm's or Mynn's.

Slightly decrease the mass for TLL.

That's all i can think of right now, I hope it gave you some ideas.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Most of what Crappage has suggested seems sound on the surface, though I only play Com Shooter occasionally. You might as well remove the Rhyoss commander while you are at it, and get all new effects in.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

or just make rhyoss do somthing else
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

Well anyway, i know you don't have time to make major changes like that, but could you at least make a quick 0.41 to lower the turnrates and add the fixed krog variant?

EDIT: Someone said that you can remove smoke by adding something called "weapon.setSmoke(false);" in the script. If someone who knows more about this, please tell, cuz i have no idea.
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

I NOTICED SOMETHING! Did you know Talon doesn't expel smoke when it fires? Not only that, but the shot fires perfectly straight even tho the gun is on the side. If you can replicate this script into all the other coms, it will save Com Shooter from it's smoke blocked inaccurate aiming curse!!! Please, when you get the time, see what you can do with this.
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

I got an idea for the SupCom's weapon. Why not give it the Wargod's machine guns from War Evo? Then just give it the dgun visual effect instead of the bullet models. And, sorry if I'm missing something, but the Guardian of Kadesh just feels like Arm without stealth...

Anyway, here are the load screens for the new Core model...

...and the SupCom

If the fat camp part doesn't make any sense to you, then I can remove it, cuz it doesn't make sense to me either, it just sounds funny :D
Mecha Sonic

Post by Mecha Sonic »

Also, might I suggest a sound effect for the self destruction? I think this effect should fit it well, just slow it down a bit and turn up the volume: http://www.sound-effect.com/sounds1/warsounds/bomb7.wav
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

not strictly related, but when is someone going to make an air version of com shooter? I want X-wings!
Crappage

Post by Crappage »

That would be pretty cool, I hope someone makes it, preferably with gunships so we can strafe. Can't do it now tho, as Noruas is waiting for the next version of Spring before releasing the official.

Return to “Game Releases”