Eternal Struggle 0.53 - Page 3

Eternal Struggle 0.53

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

LordMuffe

Re: Eternal Struggle 0.5

Post by LordMuffe »

well.. the post is old... more than "half a year" old :)

By now, i have less and less time for my hobbies, so i don't think i will change to supcom. I´m happy to be able to do most of the stuff i need in Spring, learning it all over again for supcom ... no way.

Even more after i heard of FA and Supcom2... don't want to develop for an nearly dead engine.

This being said, i like supcom. its fun, for me and many other people on the net. Its not spring, and yes, that is why i play both, they are both fun.

Also supcom has some nice things like the auto formations for ships and a better hit sphere system: Boxes are better than "blobs".

By now i will be glad if i can finish ES 0.6 and maybe the third faction for 1.0 ... but it will cost another year of moding for sure, maybe even more.

Btw, i want to thank everybody who tried the older versions. I decided nearly to stop the project when i realized that ES0.4 was having more than 1000 downloads.
I know not everybody who loaded it, liked it. But at least man tried it, thanks again for that. :o

@sniff: i hope you are not serious with that statement. i made 0.x-0.5 for spring, so why don't try it? Only because the game will be remake for another engine? :|
Like most mods here, it surely will never be finished...

@smokingwreckage: it would not that reason, more like some features of the engine and that i like the game... nothing more. The size of the audience here is just fine, i find some people, who like to play sometimes ES with me and give me hints on what is missing or wrong. I don't think i need more, and in supcom, a space mod would be as welcome as here... people don't play such games like TA or supcom for space battles, they want to play ground fights: tanks, planes, ships.
kiki

Post by kiki »

I hate supcom bc i dont have it. However, I think if I did have it, I would devote at least half of my rts time to it. Auto-formations stuff I have a mind to work on with lua. I have a little plan :twisted:
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

update to 0.51, see the first page for infos.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

This is an excellent mod. I like the metal economy system. Keep up the fabulousness, mate.

I shall be forced to copy your economy design. 8)
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Erm, could someone upload this to somewhere other than unknown files? UF doesn't work for me.
Tribulexrenamed

UF doesnt work at all.

GMN ----> http://spring.jobjol.nl/
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

ES 5.1 is not on there, I'm afraid. Search pulls up nothing
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

*whacks head on desk for searching for Eternal Silence instead by accident*
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

Nice mod, needs some work in the art/audio departments but pretty good stuff. Btw, what map is that you're using for the screenshots?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

By now, i have less and less time for my hobbies
Any chance of releasing this to the public if you dont have the time and inclination to finish or work on ES?

There might be someone else out there willing to take up active development.
Tribulexrenamed

i.e. me
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

i know that ES is far from "good"... but im unable to create good sounds and even worse when it comes to effects...

as i said before, i dont have that much time for developing and im more and more overwhelmed by the development of Spring. Really wish i could code LUA for all the fancy stuff i would like to do.

But ES is not dead, i did some models for the third side and have recreated some units of the Narga ( they are my first pieces and looked like that... dont really represent what i have in mind. ) and as soon as i have a working computer with wings i will finish it. Maybe not this year, but sooner or later.

So, im glad to hear that there are some people interested in my project, but i would like it to be my project until 1.0 :)

Oh and the map is Cosmos , the best looking space map in spring.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Did you guys improve the UVs yet? :P
Tribulexrenamed

Bye the way, I dont give a shit about effects and sounds at this point. The gameplay in this mod is quite engaging, and the fact that it is a space mod makes up for any lacking in sounds (I do not see any lacking in effects, unless you are aiming for something like CA).
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Final Frontier was better :(

i miss that mod
Tribulexrenamed

Is it no longer available/compatible? If it is playable, I would be greatly amused to try it.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Can't beleive i never saw this mod, i must try it :D:D
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

Otherside wrote:Final Frontier was better :(

i miss that mod

how dare you say that... :P
goduranus