Eternal Struggle 0.53 - Page 5

Eternal Struggle 0.53

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Ironfire

Re: Eternal Struggle 0.5

Post by Ironfire »

I downloaded the "ES0.513.sdz" placed it in mods folder, however TASClient still doesnt detect it as a game, even if I refresh the list.

what I'am doing wrong?
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

@Hoi: Tips for the design? I want to create what i like in the first place, and im not shure if i would follow tips in that departure.

@clericvash: Thanks :)

@panzeriv2: ok...
Boring? Well, as you said: IMO. I personly love to play against a good opponent like sixten, or just against many AIs. The point with AIs, RAI is good, but not for 1on1. You have to play against 3 or 4. And not on a map like Cosmos, but smaller ones. BrazillianBattlefield, Nightscape, MoonQ10 or any of the Kernelpanic maps (lots of Geos) can be pretty hard to win, if you let the AI to much time.
panzeriv2 wrote:Could do if you update your ModDB profile, and try to constantly post updates. I'd thought this mod is dead...
I... have a Moddb profile? ... ... ... really? If yes: link pls
Constantly updates? that would require constantly progress... and i have the WoW since 3 weeks...

More Ships. Ok, Ships which would fill what purposes? I have some Ideas for additional ships, but i want to keep the number of shiptypes small. If you like many different choices, play FF. I personly ended building 3-4 shiptypes and that was it. So why create a bunch of ships for ES which would also be "useless", only so beginners need more time to find the usefull types? And im not a amaster of Balancing to make 3 normal attack classes, where no one makes the others a waste of metal and buildtime.

This is the wrong thread to ask what happend to FF, i personly dont know. Last time i was talking to Kovin, the development had been active. But it was at the beginning of this year. I was working at a new modell of the Broadside, got inactive for a while, and lost contact.

@Smoth: thanks, such a compliment from you means a lot fro me. But its still far from the quality many others, like you, are creating.

@smokingwreckage: Thanks again :)

@ Spawn_Retard: long time no sse you, hope that changes abit in the future ;).
The lagging is a problem, which i cant change. I played 2vs2 on cosmos and it didnt laged for me. Maybe, because of my more or less actual system. But i "only" have a core2duo T9300, 4gb ram, 8600 gt . And the older system, a athlon3000+ and a atix800 also worked good and without lag after i inserted the maxcap for fighterclass ships.
If its the polycount of the ships, which make it slow: i dont want to rework them, too much work.
If the scripts make it slow, i have no idea how to make them better/faster.

The fx is far from great, i really need help with that. Im unable to create such cool explosions like THIS uses ( its really a great spacemod! ).

The narga missles? the bombs of the bombers? they are the only missletype weapons the Narga have.

@Ironfire : Im sorry, but i cant help you with that problem. It should work that way.

-----------------------

As i said before, im working slower as the years before on this project. So i doubt that i will release a new version this year. But ES is not dead (yet).
Here are some modells, i think i will keep that way. Well, besides the inteceptor. I start to hate that model... really do...
The frigates, dreadnought(s), Destroyer and buildings are still not as i want them to be. Their overall style is still not finished.
The corvetts will be a new shipclass for the third faction.

DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

I have the same problem with this as IronFire. the mod is not recognized by TASclient, spring.exe or springSP
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Is that long ship thingy with multiple turrets (the first picture) the Broadside?
smoth

Post by smoth »

cool, you are still working on it! Drop WOW, WOW, is for people who are not awesome enough to make stuff that looks cool.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

DavetheBrave wrote:I have the same problem with this as IronFire. the mod is not recognized by TASclient, spring.exe or springSP
I know, i know. The problem is, i dont know what the problem is. If somebody could give me a hint how to fix that i would be very thankfull.

Developing the mod further is impossible without the ability to play it. I looked in other mods which get detected by the lobby and springsp, but i couldn´t see the solution.

Have i overseen something in the changelogs of the new releases or what?

@revenge

yes it should be a remake of the Broadside, but as i said its not finished.

@smoth

easy to say, hard to do. im a big warcraft fan and this game is really really good. UD ftw... and thanks to wotlk i will see HIM as soon as my server supports it...
Nevertheless i will work on 0.6, just even slower.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

do you have a modinfo.tdf in the mod's base folder? The wiki should have information about how that works.
Or maybe you did all your modfiles in one map, and compressed that map, if so, you shouldn't do that :P
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

i hav e amodinfo.tdf since 0.2 ... and since the older versions dont show up too, i fear something changed enginewise/lobbywise which i missed.

I recompressed it again, it still doesnt work.

... im frustrated ...
Ironfire

Post by Ironfire »

well i found the "solution"

uncompress the file in spring mods folder, rename it with <eternal_folder>.SDD
delete modinfo.tdf from this folder

decompress a recent CA file, copy modinfo.lua from there to the previous folder that you have created before.

edit modinfo.lua
change the name to whatever you feel
and remove the following lines

Code: Select all

NTAI = {
		tdfpath='CA';
	},
and now it should be visible on tasclient when you refresh the mod list
however I dont know which is the exact problem
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

Thanks Ironfire. :!:

It seems to be just the diffrence from modinfo.tdf to .lua ... dont know why.

But i dont care anymore, it works and that is all that matters to me.

I uploaded a working version ( i hope ). There shouldn´t be any changes besides the .lua thing.
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

It shows up in the list now but the ArchiveMover doesn't like it, so something's still screwy.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

hmm, strange. But on the other hand... i dont care.

Never used it and i dont think its important.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

LordMuffe wrote:hmm, strange. But on the other hand... i dont care.

it is.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

So muff, you are done with this mod? Release sources !!111!11one!1!1111 GPL!111!!! Let us continue its greatness
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

So muff, you are done with this mod?
1. It's a game.
2. It's not done.
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

LordMuffe wrote:hmm, strange. But on the other hand... i dont care.

Well, it makes it awkward to install quickly after downloading it from springfiles or wherever, but also whatever the ArchiveMover doesn't like could be mishandled by Spring or TASClient further down the line and cause more headaches. Not that I know how to fix it myself, unfortunately.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

look, the problem is knowledge. I dont know, why the newe Springversion hates my mod. So i need time to find the solution to a problem i really really realllyyy dont know the slightest about. It would take much time for something, in my eyes, unneccessary. Never used it, never had a problem to just load the mod/map in the mod/map folder... sure, it makes it easyer... but it isnt impossible now.

If someone can fix that or tell me excactly howto, it will replace the current version. But until then i prefer to work on the third side.

Please, dont take that the wrong way, i dont want to sound impolite ( if so, im sorry ). Its just something that needs more insight in the engine/lua/we code which i dont have. Im unable to write scripts, copy paste all of them out off old ones. Creating spaceships and let them destroy each other is my main motivation, and even in Wings and Gimp im merely a beginner.

Because of timeissues... I really cant take several hours to solve that.

@Tribulex

Im still working on it... slow but (more or less) steady. I would appreciate help in some aspects, but keep the control over the project. That means, i do everything i can and ask for help in departures where i totally fail. I dont want that it get manipulated by others, like it happend n the past, because i fear it would develope to my disliking. So if i decide to quit, the mod quits with me. At least i hope so...

Sorry for the bad english, im pretty tired...
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I'm drunk.

I'm upset.

Bug me about this until I help you fix it.

Really.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

update to 0.52, see the first page for infos.
Valence

Re: Eternal Struggle 0.52

Post by Valence »

Hi LordMuffe,

I downloaded and played your mod last night and I like it! It reminds me somewhat of a game I use to play called O.R.B. I have not had a chance to play your game more than a few times so I will probably check back in to give better feedback after I try it out a bit more.

However, I did want to let you know that you did a great job and I look forward to playing this mod and trying out any updates you release for it. By the way, do you recomend any specific map for this or have you created one that works well with it. Somehow the grassy plain look of the one I was using last night did not quite do it justice :-)

Return to “Game Releases”