EE version 0.173 Final (no more stuffs) - Page 27

EE version 0.173 Final (no more stuffs)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I just thought I would make an annoucement that, since I had a massive slump of ideas for NI, I stopped working on them and in order to get my creative juices flowing began execution of an idea I had been kicking around for a while, and that was the addition of a 4th side to EE, an Alien side that would play different and allow me to do some whacky stuff that the more conventional human sides would not have. That said the Alien race is definately going into the game as I am roughly 50% done with them at this time, they have far fewer units and will be very different from the other sides but still balanced..

Once I have the aliens finished I will get back to NI which I am starting to get an idea about what I want to do. I will not make a major release of EE until I have NI finished though, and NI and the Aliens will be duel released as a mutator expansion pack for EE to conserve download amount. However if you have any balance issues with the current set up by all means bring those to me If there are enough and they are valid/serious I will make a release to fix those..
smoth

Post by smoth »

mutator = more parts that players can get wrong.. don't assume they will do it right.
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

But...NI are aliens by trade. They come from the moon. :?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

They are legal immigrants. Learn the difference.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

But..they're emigrants, not immigrants >_>
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

NI are people from earth, that went to live on the moon...
smoth

Post by smoth »

fear them mello
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

w00t! 4th faction! Yay! Can we hear tidbits yet? We've got hovers, walkers, and tanks... how do you decide a fourth movement class? Immobile (transported turrets)? Low-elevation gunships that are targeted as land-units? Sluggish high-flying airships? What? What's their shtick gonna be - we've got weapon/artillery, stealth, and speed - what's the alien focus, toughness? Regeneration?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

From what I've seen, they're focous is being tottally bad ass.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Think more mobile force akin to Zhon of TA:K.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Ah, cool... Zhon, without the suck. But... aliens... erm... plz tell me these are S3Os with decent skins...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

You'd know if you surfed smoths forum once in a while....
Argh

Post by Argh »

They're... dark. And vaguely Tron-like. They need to be less dark, and have more contrast and preshading, or they're just going to be black blobs on most peep's screens. The designs themselves are cute, though, and I like the glowy bitz.
smoth

Post by smoth »

yep, s3o-ed models. Standard fang cuteness, he has a neat touch. Yeah the texture could be better but in game it *works* for some reason. I have a copy of them on my hd did you want some shots argh?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Nah, it's enough to see where they're going. Might be fun to try and re-skin one just to see what can be done, but I'm too busy right now.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I intend to add more detail later, atm Im trying to map them and texture them decently which is what I consider the current stuff, and get them in game for balance purposes.. I only have about 7-8 units left and then Im gonna head back to working on NI while I take some time to add more detail on the aliens here and there..

They worked out to be sorta a test foray into uvmapping for me, and I have it fairly down pat, however if you want to have a go at one I wouldnt care..
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

the icons for the minimap need shrinking and a black outline, that game on altored was really confusing because all the minimap icons overlap.
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

I agree. Making the minimap radar icons half the size would really make the minimap feel less clogged.

I would also like to point out another thing that was evident in the Giant Hills game. There really isn't anything that can take care of the lvl2 GD ground attack helis. Imho they need to be nerfed, by no means made useless, but a bit less overpowered.

On a side note it's really wonderful to see so many people playing EE at the same time. I hope to see more sessions like the one last night.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

mix lvl 2 anti air units into your forces and build lvl 2 SAM towers
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Or interceptor helicopters, they'll rip any anti-ground heli apart.

Return to “Game Releases”