XTA v8.1 Release

XTA v8.1 Release

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Chojin
Posts: 141
Joined: 04 Oct 2006, 11:22

XTA v8.1 Release

Post by Chojin »

All new and shiny XTA v8.1! Thanks to all involved!

Image

Check out the new and updated Unit Guide!

It is included in the Regular installer of latest Spring 0.74b1. In case you used the GPL content installer, you can download this mod from here: If you chose the Plain SD7 download, you will also need another pack of files containing non-GPL content, which were intentionally left out of the GPL content installer. Download the following file and extract it to your base\ folder: Changes:
  • Raven missiles will no longer cause explosions during launch
  • New flight model for level 2 fighters
  • Fixed energy costs of Core anti-nukes
  • Several new effects added
  • Various balancing tweaks
  • New loading screens
  • New icons (shown on minimap and when zoomed out)
Read up on all changes and credits here: *** If you experience crashes in combination with AAI,
*** please follow these instructions:
  • Install XTAPE.cfg in your ai\aai\cfg\mod\ folder.
  • Delete the file ai\aai\learn\mod\XTAPE.dat
  • Delete the file ai\aai\log\BuildTable_XTAPE.txt
Related threads: Edit: Uploaded and added link to Unknown-Files.
Edit: Uploaded and added link to Base-OTA-Content.zip (Thanks, Rattle).
Edit: Uploaded and added link to the new Windows Installer.
Last edited by Chojin on 29 Nov 2006, 06:09, edited 4 times in total.
Sheekel
Posts: 1390
Joined: 19 Apr 2005, 19:23

Post by Sheekel »

Awesome! The pyro and/or dgun effects are amazing!

One thing though, i think the Dgun effect would look better if it didnt last so long...same thing, just have it fade a bit faster

[Edit]

************ fmd_rocket (core_anti_nuke_missile) ***********

energypershot=5050; //WAS 500;


Whoa, thats a very dramatic change. Any particular reason?
User avatar
MR.D
Posts: 1527
Joined: 06 Aug 2005, 13:15

Post by MR.D »

damn...
Not even going to wait till I get my Core Commander model done?

:lol:
Chojin
Posts: 141
Joined: 04 Oct 2006, 11:22

Post by Chojin »

@Sheekel: It should have been around 5000 all along, just like the arm_anti_nuke_missle. But a 0 got lost somewhere in the past ;-)

@Mr.D: Oh, we are still awaiting your new model with joy :-)
User avatar
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 3984
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 19:29

Post by NOiZE »

Sheekel wrote:Awesome! The pyro and/or dgun effects are amazing!

One thing though, i think the Dgun effect would look better if it didnt last so long...same thing, just have it fade a bit faster
+1
Kloot
Spring Developer
Posts: 1867
Joined: 08 Oct 2006, 16:58

Post by Kloot »

Raven missiles will no longer cause explosions during launch
+1000 points, I lost more of those things to that than to enemy fire 8)
User avatar
rattle
Damned Developer
Posts: 8278
Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 13:15

Post by rattle »

For some reason this version doesn't work. Spring simply quits when choosing 8.1 to play (running the comm test or any other). Other mods such as NB seem to work though.

Okay my bad. You should distribute the tacontent.sdz and tatextures.sdz with the download. People will run into problems if they got the GPL distribution and want to play any mod which uses either.
User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Sheekel wrote: energypershot=5050; //WAS 500;
Whoa, thats a very dramatic change. Any particular reason?
I seem to recall 500 was a typo, it was supposed to be 5000 from onset.
User avatar
Peet
Malcontent
Posts: 4382
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 22:04

Post by Peet »

Correct.
Tobi
Spring Developer
Posts: 4598
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 11:36

Post by Tobi »

rattle wrote:For some reason this version doesn't work. Spring simply quits when choosing 8.1 to play (running the comm test or any other). Other mods such as NB seem to work though.

Okay my bad. You should distribute the tacontent.sdz and tatextures.sdz with the download. People will run into problems if they got the GPL distribution and want to play any mod which uses either.
Which would make the GPL distro non GPL, and hence make the GPL release moot.
User avatar
rattle
Damned Developer
Posts: 8278
Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 13:15

Post by rattle »

Yes, I meant including it in the mod download, not the GPL installer.
Chojin
Posts: 141
Joined: 04 Oct 2006, 11:22

Post by Chojin »

Thanks, rattle, we forgot about that.

I added a Base-OTA-Content.zip link and created an installer, that includes everything (14MB).
Tobi
Spring Developer
Posts: 4598
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 11:36

Post by Tobi »

Will the links in the OP for XTAPE.sd7 and Base-OTA-Content.zip stay the same for the foreseeable future?

If so, then, if you don't mind, I'd like to link to them in the SetupGuide for linux users.
imbaczek
Posts: 3629
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 16:19

Post by imbaczek »

I don't play XTA, but shoot me if that splash screen isn't pretty. And the tips should be mandatory in every mod.
Dynamoe2
Posts: 12
Joined: 26 Feb 2006, 21:56

Post by Dynamoe2 »

Hi there... I believe I am in the right forum room.. ok. I have been playin XTA off and on for a long time. One thing that kinda bugs me is the speed at which the Nano Turrets come out of the construction vehicle/kbot. They are very slow and are in a way impractical. In AA/BA, I know that the Nano Turrets come out of the construction vehicle/kbot quickly. So, i just rang in here to see what other people thought about whether the Nano Turret (the little turret that comes out of the hole of the con vehicle or kbot that builds..) should come out quicker in XTA like it does in AA/BA.
User avatar
Peet
Malcontent
Posts: 4382
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 22:04

Post by Peet »

I thought these threads were locked =\
http://xta.wolfgame.org/forum/ is the place for xta discussion and such now.
Last edited by Peet on 19 Feb 2007, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
pheldens
Posts: 191
Joined: 12 Aug 2006, 21:35

Post by pheldens »

Great you did away with those terrible horned logo's.
User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Dynamoe2 wrote:Hi there... I believe I am in the right forum room.. ok. I have been playin XTA off and on for a long time. One thing that kinda bugs me is the speed at which the Nano Turrets come out of the construction vehicle/kbot. They are very slow and are in a way impractical. In AA/BA, I know that the Nano Turrets come out of the construction vehicle/kbot quickly. So, i just rang in here to see what other people thought about whether the Nano Turret (the little turret that comes out of the hole of the con vehicle or kbot that builds..) should come out quicker in XTA like it does in AA/BA.
there is an XTA forum, its link is above, and there is a topic of me going "OMG SKRIPTT TEHM FASHTER" and I think they are
Post Reply

Return to “Game Releases”

cron