Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !! - Page 61

Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

MR.D

Post by MR.D »

best antinuke IMO, is flash tanks/stumpies..
you know why :lol:
Elmokki

Post by Elmokki »

The only times I've gotten nuked are when I've known that I'm risking it and could've well built an anti-nuke but I decided to hope the enemy doesn't have a nuke :)
MasterChiefRulZ

like said...

Post by MasterChiefRulZ »

Someone else already mentioned them, and I have to agree. The mobile Anti-Nukes (Arm scarab/Core Hedgehog) are the only way to go in a player vs player game, and keep moving them around in your base.

Is there a website for BA for spring? With all the development and impressive stuff they've implemented, I'm surprised they don't.

Some other units that could revolutionize gameplay, strategically speaking, that I was thinking about.

I already mentioned mass troop carriers. They have a nice system in Sup Com (lighter units can mass transport, bigger no), roughly 6 units per transport.

Teleport gates? Build one entry and then an exit to warp smaller units across the map.

Underwater factory that can build underwater tanks/k-bots would be nice, build your army tucked away in a lake on the map, hiding it from your opponent's view/radar.

And this is a minor thing really, but could the Arm Razorback mech have it's blue lasers back (like the OTA unit)? Much as I like the new FX BA has, the Razorback's mini-guns throwing those blue bolts was a personal joy of mine. :P
Strategia

Re: like said...

Post by Strategia »

MasterChiefRulZ wrote:I already mentioned mass troop carriers. They have a nice system in Sup Com (lighter units can mass transport, bigger no), roughly 6 units per transport.
Mmm..... why? Hard to balance right. Lose one with an entire army in it, you're dead. Make 'em cheap so you can spread your army out causes them to be overpowered and makes it too easy to spaem. Making them tough again = overpowered, making them too weak = major liability, underpowered and rarely if ever utilized for anywhere outside secure waters.
Teleport gates? Build one entry and then an exit to warp smaller units across the map.
Quite frankly, I don't think this is possible with Spring.
Underwater factory that can build underwater tanks/k-bots would be nice, build your army tucked away in a lake on the map, hiding it from your opponent's view/radar.
Core Amphibious Plant.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Actuly i think someone made some teleport thing a while ago, i think it was called stargate or something, but was very buggy :P

Might find it on FU possibly
BigO

Post by BigO »

Don├óÔé¼Ôäót think T3 need any changes maybe shorter buildtimes and a Bantha buff to compliment the buff the Krogoth got. I just like to see the Gantry price reverted back to the cheaper amount it use to be, and if you increase its worktime that wouldn├óÔé¼Ôäót hurt either. I would like to see a lot more big bots.
Don├óÔé¼Ôäót like that T3 are not transportable. Do think Krogoth should not be transportable though.
Don├óÔé¼Ôäót know how anyone can say metal generators are worth building. Anyone who builds metal generators are just building them b/c they expect T2 building to be better, not b/c they know better. They are explosive and there are far more spaces saving way to make metal. So the argument that you are saving space is just ludicrous. And it is both more resource and time efficient to build any other metal make building and its needed power.
Also Toaster are usually not worth building, for a little more than a 100 metal you could get a Doomsday Machine, pay the extra 160m/6484e and get the Doomsday Machine.
The Arm Ambusher-annihilator deference of 643m/45742e seems a little more appropriate.

Is there anyway that we could get the OnlyTargetCategory# = NOTAIR on most of our tanks and slow firing units. It is just kind of silly to see stuppys and large tanks shooting at aircraft.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cabbage wrote:Actuly i think someone made some teleport thing a while ago, i think it was called stargate or something, but was very buggy :P

Might find it on FU possibly
ZWZSG and TRO I believe
tombom

Post by tombom »

MasterChiefRulZ wrote:I already mentioned mass troop carriers. They have a nice system in Sup Com (lighter units can mass transport, bigger no), roughly 6 units per transport.
The Intruder - a Core T2 Vehicle amphibious transport thing with 12000hp, the hovercraft transports and the ship transports all already do this. I'm pretty sure it's currently impossible for air to work like this.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

I reported the noautofire=1 thing on the torpedo seaplane months ago, back when seaplanes got their land-on-the-sea tags. Of course the weapons are screwy on the torpedo plane (dual weapons firing in top of eachother, screwy AA missile which can make it fly off the map), which will become clear if noautofire is removed from it. This, along with unit diffentiation, is why i made the changes to it in the EA mutator. Its still not totally perfect though.

Andreask, if the game gets to nukes, it has bogged down. Nukes prevent it from going on for another 2-3 hours. If you can break through and destroy all his antinukes, then you probably could have destroyed plenty of infrastructure instead. Nukes just make cleanup faster. If you are really having trouble, mobile anti-nukes are where its at. They provide +1000 energy (At about the same effectiveness-for-cost as solars, not counting the fact that most of the cost of the mobantinuke is energy). So even if the enemy doesnt build nukes- they are still worthwhile.

If every game you are playing gets to nukes, ur doin it wrong. Try being more agressive- you'll win faster and improve your game. Either that or you are playing speedmetal (In which case, dont).
May I suggest, if it's possible, to add Airborne Mass troop carriers to BA?
Dragonfly/Seahook. Im surprised you guys do not realise that these things transport like 15 peewees or 8 goliaths! Really though, atlas's are more reliable. The other transports just arent worthwhile despite their capacity.
Underwater factory
Amphibious Complex. Already exists!
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

jellyfish and anemones are kinda useless now lol, they do like no damage when the enemy is near shore.
manored

Post by manored »

jackalope wrote:jellyfish and anemones are kinda useless now lol, they do like no damage when the enemy is near shore.
You mean the deep charge launchers? I find em very usefull... they are the only way to take the sea with t1 if your enemy got submarines on your beach.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

A question (not sure if solely BA-related) concerning replays: For some time now watching BA replays doesn't work for me, when i try to watch them it always says "Your mod version differs from host's one". Redownloading BA 4.7 and downloading Foxomaniacs mutator didn't help, does anyone had the same problem or a clue how to fix this?

edit: OK, solution found...when watching them from the spring client environment they seem to work, i tried watching them by just double-clicking the files before. However, this used to work before, why it doesn't now i don't know...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

teleporters were possible with OTA because i had a third party unit that was a teleporter and it worked fine
Isaactoo

Stargate unit

Post by Isaactoo »

The Stargate unit was before the Spring community switched to Unknownfiles...it's at fileuniverse

link: http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=1580

I really hope it gets in, it's one awesome unit, and it's ashame it never got into a mod.
The only problem I see with it at the moment is that the Krogroth's head goes right through and a little over the top when teleporting :o ...but there are solutions.

EDIT: Made a quick "mutator" that adds the Stargate to adv. aircraft & adv. sub build menus (arm & core).

Link: http://www.savefile.com/files/488762
Pxtl

Re: Stargate unit

Post by Pxtl »

Isaactoo wrote:The Stargate unit was before the Spring community switched to Unknownfiles...it's at fileuniverse

link: http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=1580

I really hope it gets in, it's one awesome unit, and it's ashame it never got into a mod.
The only problem I see with it at the moment is that the Krogroth's head goes right through and a little over the top when teleporting :o ...but there are solutions.

EDIT: Made a quick "mutator" that adds the Stargate to adv. aircraft & adv. sub build menus (arm & core).

iirc the Stargate script's function was dependant on the number of units in game because it iterates. Perhaps the script could be updated.
Isaactoo

Post by Isaactoo »

That was only a problem with TA...by default TA had a unit limit of 500, then a patch came out for 1000, then another for 5000. I'm pretty sure it isn't an issue in Spring.
MasterChiefRulZ

Post by MasterChiefRulZ »

Strategia: Core Amphibious Plant.

Didn't know that was in there! Thanks. :)

May I suggest, if it's possible, to add Airborne Mass troop carriers to BA?
Saktoth: Dragonfly/Seahook. Im surprised you guys do not realise that these things transport like 15 peewees or 8 goliaths! Really though, atlas's are more reliable. The other transports just arent worthwhile despite their capacity.
This is in BA as well? I'm surprised I missed these.

Isaactoo: EDIT: Made a quick "mutator" that adds the Stargate to adv. aircraft & adv. sub build menus (arm & core).

wOOt! Thanks! I look forward to creating frontline attackbase support with this. This will definitely spice up the LAN games. 8)
Isaactoo

Post by Isaactoo »

MasterChiefRulZ wrote:
wOOt! Thanks! I look forward to creating frontline attackbase support with this. This will definitely spice up the LAN games. 8)
It is only a Test to show what it could be like, I did not even Attempt to balance it with BA...I'm hoping that it will be incorporated by the developer of BA. That being said, Have fun with it :-)
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

The main problems right now with T3 are as follows:

1. Buildtimes are too long. It takes way too long to make anything but Banthas or Krogoths. You're basically forced to make a giant field of nanoturrets if you want to use Kargs or Catapults or Razorbacks right now.

2. T3 units are too slow. They're giant mechs, they should move faster. It takes a Krog ages to cross a map, which is why people are so unhappy about T2 transports not being able to pick up T3 anymore.

3. They cost too much. A Jugg is like a third or half the cost of a Krogoth, and two or three Juggs definitely aren't as useful as one Krogoth. Juggernauts move way too slow and don't do enough damage to be useful. They also have an overly long buildtime.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

The build times put me off building t3 too, I think the cost of the factory is fine, it seems its just the buildtimes, thats the problem, although Ive not looked at the unit costs for a looong time.
Anyway the juggernaut seems the least useful by far, mainly because it takes an eternity to build and 2 weeks to get anywhere, boost this mofo! ^^
Last edited by BigSteve on 15 Feb 2007, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Game Releases”