Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 34

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

When a nuclear missle is launched would it be possible to play the sound: " Nuclear Warhead Launched!! " for everyone? that would be kool :-)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

That would be very very cool and needs to be in EVERY MOD that has nukes.
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

actually ...

let say if Caydr return T3 radar ...
one of it's addition features can become ability to detect ICBM (erm nukes) launches

e.g. play warning sound / voice and show approx area of map from where it was launched and so on ...
raneti

Post by raneti »

please remove the nanoturrets from ctrl+b
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

when it's already launched it's kinda too late. so warning would be pointless then :)
Day

Post by Day »

just for the O shit effect
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

More for the "Oh shit I better move my mobile units away" affect.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Drone_Fragger wrote:More for the "Oh shit I better move my mobile units away" affect.
you don't know where he is going to hit...
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

raneti wrote:please remove the nanoturrets from ctrl+b
No. Anything that can utitilize a nanolathe in any capacity at all should be on ctrl-b.

and why did minelayers have their repair/guard/reclaim capacity removed! :-( All but useless now...
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Dragon45 wrote:
raneti wrote:please remove the nanoturrets from ctrl+b
No. Anything that can utitilize a nanolathe in any capacity at all should be on ctrl-b.

and why did minelayers have their repair/guard/reclaim capacity removed! :-( All but useless now...
Their workertime wasn't oh so great, building assist is done better with 1 conveh instead of a minelayer.

But I can defo see the griefing about reclaiming ;P.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I can't manually remove things from categories like I could with OTA. The engine finds a workertime that is above 0 and adds it to ctrl+b. So unfortunately, things like carriers, repair pads, factories, etc are also included, when all you really wanted was to find an idle con kbot.

I'll increase juno shot velocity or something.

So all in all, this beta seems to be pretty solid?
raneti

Post by raneti »

ctrl+b cycles through nanoturrets as well and it defeats the point of using ctrl+b after i build nanos

is not liek i dont' know where they are or if they are idle... 10 nanoturrets and its not worth cycling anymore
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

BTW, its not an engine thing, its a selectkeys.txt thing. raneti, if you want you can manually go to selectkeys.txt and add the nanotowers to an "exclude" category for the ctrl-b command.

Its really not that hard to figure out, give it a go!

Edit: and no competent player will have builders idle for long periods of time. if they're really idle, just set them on a patrol route.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

i didn't test the beta too hard, but all seemed solid caydr.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

Caydr wrote:It's true of exploiters as well though. You can build those anywhere and they're a lot more difficult to kill than an ordinary metal extractor.
If I'm going to build an exploiter in front of my lines that anyone can see, why don't I just advance there altogether? or just build a regular mex and an llt and save 50 metal and make more metal in the future?
Ever since the exploiter lost it's special armor bonuses it's been a pretty crappy inefficient unit really.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

All AWACS aircraft now have sonar
Exploiter HP increased by 200, metal cost reduced by 10, sight
range boosted by 20
Increased seaplane platform costs and HP
Reduced seaplane fighter HP and costs, increased firing rate
Increased Juno weapon speed, reduced flying height
raneti wrote:ctrl+b cycles through nanoturrets as well and it defeats the point of using ctrl+b after i build nanos

is not liek i dont' know where they are or if they are idle... 10 nanoturrets and its not worth cycling anymore
Are you blind or just stupid? I told you it's out of my hands. Learn english, stop playing speedmetal, grow up, and be quiet unless you have something constructive to say.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Air repair pads are still borked, I bvuilt one in a gamre the other day and it just sat there, vibtating around as though it was trying to jitter though the floor. I never saw any damaged planes using it.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

what's the reason for fusions and adv. fusions having so much health? ( I think it's 8k/27k right now)? As these things are the backbone of porcing and 3 hour long games, it would be nice if it was possible to destroy them with less than half a dozen nukes.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'd still build them at half the hit points.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

neddiedrow wrote:I'd still build them at half the hit points.
well you should still want to build them, but they should go down easily to bombers. Build something that huge a boost towards your economy should be risky, they should blow up easily and big IMO. Maybe something like 1000-2000 health for regular fusions and 4000 for advanced.

Return to “Game Releases”