cheaper faster buildings, better units:
instigator, can , better artilery, better tanks, sumo etc
even units are mostly cheaper and faster to build
AA sucks now, nothing feels natural this mod strays more and more from TA
Stop playing speedmetal.
danzel

Post by danzel »

The new AA KBots are awesome.
The commander is bugged yeah, glad to see that reverted.
Stumpy/Raider shot velocity increase sounds perfect.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

raneti wrote:lvl 1 is hardly played and more and more stuff is unbalanced
That is a pile of bollocks. In any game, you BARELY SEE ANYTHING OTHER THAN TECH 1. STOP PLAYING SPEEDMETAL.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

raneti wrote:i suggest a math model, pick a ratio and do a price ratio on power/hp/price also empower lvl 1 a little more, lvl 1 is hardly played and more and more stuff is unbalanced

btw maverick is ridiculous, and don't tell me i don't know to play it i only play arm, just think about it if he can self repair so fast why wouldn't tanks or more spacey units do it? cheeeesy...

i might not play anything at all lol if i get this bored, too few play xta

i want to play not learn to play everytime a new version comes out...
1) Lvl1 is played a LOT and lvl1 is usually deemed as the MOST balanced part of AA.

2) AA is not about realistic things; maverick has autorepair cos Caydr likes it that way. ATM it is very balanced; has very short range, quite slow, very low hp....what are you complaining about?

3)Go play xta

4)Are you just too lazy to learn a few minor changes??? Have you ever heard of p r o g r e s s i o n.

lol im in a bad mood...
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

raneti wrote:i suggest a math model, pick a ratio and do a price ratio on power/hp/price also empower lvl 1 a little more, lvl 1 is hardly played and more and more stuff is unbalanced

btw maverick is ridiculous, and don't tell me i don't know to play it i only play arm, just think about it if he can self repair so fast why wouldn't tanks or more spacey units do it? cheeeesy...

i might not play anything at all lol if i get this bored, too few play xta

i want to play not learn to play everytime a new version comes out...
I'm gonna try and make this not a flame.

Basically, most people are pretty happy with AA. We all have some complaints about things here and there, but I think you represent a severe minority with the opinion of "it is shitty, but also never change anything, but also change everything I want." I don't really see how Cadyr could accomodate your opinion even if he wanted to.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

This is what speedmetal does to people. This is why I hate it so much... Otherwise-contributing players lose all perspective on how the game is actually meant to be played.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Blah, speedmetal is boring...
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Yes speedmetal is screwed up, some dude was telling me I should add a krogoth unit to EE at tier 4 just to appeal to speedmetal players..

Did that seismic value work out better..?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Yeah seismic of 4 works good. The 64s were a typo. I'm thinking about reducing it to 3 though and seeing how that goes.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I think leaving it at 4 would be a good size, might use smaller sizes for other units to possibly allow visually attentive players to note that a commando is sneaking into their base.. I wonder if we could change the color though..
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Adapting and improvising are the marks of a true gamer, whining is the art of the nub.

Speedmetal rots your brain, so go take a shower neverlearners!

Caydr you still need to do that Mex Fix for excessive metal maps, so these damn speedmetal junkies will quit playing it and actually learn how to play the game.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Mhhh.... Snipers ALWAYS miss when their target is near the maximum of their range, and this is extremely annoying. I remember someone mentioning this before, but i cannot remember why this issue was not resovled.

Is it an AA problem or an engine problem?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

AA problem. I think that it's intentional.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Caydr wrote:I'm going to halve fighter damage vs ground.

2.22 - SmuG never wins another game edition
raneti

Post by raneti »

lol i was right as usual... Krogoth blows up on death as a nuke too lmao, not with 5 banthas i could take it out but it should be 3 vs 1 tough in equilibrium, last version was balanced somewhat in favor of core this is way on core's side tough... so i have to start playing core it seems; looks liek to me that the one who updated AA lately was high on booze(no offense but it seems i'm getting countered alltough i'm right and can prove it). Perhaps core players are afraid of competition once more learn about this? :)))

Lets recapitulate the advantages of core in AA so we can get more people playing core...

first of all they are all about lasers wich shoot thrugh debris.
second they are all about gross stuff in everything meaning range and armor of course, just the thing for multiplayer.
third they are all a pinch faster and cheaper giving a slight edge in the long run.
if all goes wel just buld a krogoth and its the beginning of the end for the arm enemy.

P.S. MR.D i never saw you in games tough lol funny ain't it? And i play speed metal very rare, i play everything else tough except EE of course, if i wanted C&C i would play generals instead.

jackalope: its easy to make it balanced, its not my mod tough and kids hate math thus not much complaining when you don't see the big picture.

No harm done tough i will play core from now on till the next version bomb ^^

Lippy: i can destroy your whole base with 1 maverick and after taht contemplate about the point of playing this game...
Last edited by raneti on 08 Oct 2006, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

raneti wrote:Lets recapitulate the advantages of core in AA so we can get more people playing core...

first of all they are all about lasers wich shoot thrugh debris.
second they are all about gross stuff in everything meaning range and armor of course, just the thing for multiplayer.
third they are all a pinch faster and cheaper giving a slight edge in the long run.
if all goes wel just buld a krogoth and its the beginning of the end for the arm enemy.
A: Find an english dictionary, and look through it..

B:Range + Armor + Faster + Cheaper... How is that slightly fair? Not even a little bit.. Maybe I am coming on this wrong, but it seems like Core should have all of the things I just added up, which would make Core far forces far superior, and have more of them...

C: One Krogoth should not be able to win a whole game by itself..

I hope I made it clear enough...

Edit: What does
its easy to make it balanced, its not my mod tough and kids hate math thus not much complaining when you don't see the big picture.
mean?

Kids hate math, so Jackalope doesn't get the big picture....?

Edit: On the maverick point... Who can't? A base is a pile of buildings meant for building, refining, and mining. Now, if it had a couple of defenses, Maverick would die..
raneti

Post by raneti »

A: Find an english dictionary, and look through it..
my english is understandable alltough the forum lacks a spellchecker; i am not born nor living in an anglophone country so its my merit to know this much.

B: whats your point i just said core is overpowered

C: one krogoth should not, but it does because it blows up like a nuke not because it has high hp. You can't stop it entering the base and after it dies then comes the true damage... in the late game when every1 spams nukes and antinukes and bombers etc one krogoth acan tople everything and can't be countered. It can be killed but its guaranteed to do the job vs arm(unlike any arm unit).

EDIT: lol my english is good enough it is you that is flaming, kids are playing the game, kids hate math, kids don't see the big picture is it clear now?

1 maverick can kill a band of lvl 1 troops cut though llts and kill the base, time in wich is easy to add a second mav just in case
Last edited by raneti on 08 Oct 2006, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

How about we play a 1v1 raneti, you play super-overpowered core and i'll play arm (with mavericks disabled) and then we can post the replay of how horribly inbalaced AA is?
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Yes, it is... I wasn't flaming, and neither were you... I have no idea what "anglophone" is, I think I'll look it up..

Yes, it is your merit to know this much English..

I guess Caydr could make Krogoths not have such a large nuke explosion..

Edit: Ahh, thats what an Anglophone is... Weird word..
raneti

Post by raneti »

Ishach:haha good try how about we take an echelon of games and compare the results instead because it sounds more scientific to me :D

how about compare unit vs unit bought from same amount of resources
... do it yourself tough i allready saw the results in game.

did i just say kids hate math? i did didn't i? lols...

I never played core, perhaps 1 time in OTA a long time ago, arm experience doesn't help you to play core btw so no matter whats my level with arm its lesser with core.
Cut the cheap thinking tough as yourself play core and unless you like losing you play core for a good reason as the rest.

As i said in the first place i end up learnign instead of playing tehn i get bored and not play at all adn mostly because of all the tinkering with gameplay. I know its just me but when like something its because its fair and enjoyable not *only for me*, but thats just me.

IMO more units is better, take out units fine but take out the abstract intuitive interface through wich the player can forget about knowing names or even the picture of some icon that is frequently pushed is a big boo-boo(some of this is the clients fault tough); adding units wich have no counter in the other factions neither in a counter unit or counter tactic is a major boo-boo. And i said it before about those dreaded sumos and i've been told the the fatboys are the counter or even the snipers, well i'll just have to find out what the sumos can do if they can be seconded by transporters to get read of their slow movement until they encounter the enemy.
Last edited by raneti on 08 Oct 2006, 04:47, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Game Releases”