Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 67

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Zenka wrote:but erom is right. though nanospray wouldn't probably be copywrited. the concept might. sertaintly as long as the names Arm and Core are used it wount be IP free. (And the scrips, sounds, icons, names).
Can anyone tell us what needs to be done to make a mod atari IP free? it would be interesting to know.

Eventually all models would be remodelt, but caydr was busy with tech 1 last I've heared.
IANAL, AFAIK, IDDQD, in the USA, gameplay cannot by copyrighted. Thus, if you remake everything from scratch, but you have a new (differently-named/looking unit) in the place of every single OTA unit (so we have "foo" "foofighter" and "bar" "barthingy" in the place of the Arm Peewee and Core AK) then it's legit.

Fan-art is a copyright-violation, but is generally far more likely to get permission than anything that uses their actual content.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Hellspawn wrote:I think BA=AA should be done and let Noize and Daywalker update it.

And Caydr gets time to developed his new mod ("Abolition") with all those races.
+1

BA is in very good shape atm... cause PLAYERS are balancing it.
DemO

Post by DemO »

+1
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'll transmit these desires when I have the chance.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Pxtl wrote:IANAL, AFAIK, IDDQD, in the USA, gameplay cannot by copyrighted. Thus, if you remake everything from scratch, but you have a new (differently-named/looking unit) in the place of every single OTA unit (so we have "foo" "foofighter" and "bar" "barthingy" in the place of the Arm Peewee and Core AK) then it's legit.

Fan-art is a copyright-violation, but is generally far more likely to get permission than anything that uses their actual content.
Even if the techtree's are mirror images like that? I'd find that hard to believe. Fortunately, of course, none of the TA derrivatives we play have identical techtrees anyway, so it's a non-issue.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Re: Absolute Annihilation 2.23

Post by Noruas »

I demand an update!
BlueTemplar

Re: Absolute Annihilation 2.23

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yes, let's go gravedigging! :-)

(So what, what do you think all those archeologists are doing? :wink: Finding long-forgotten art pieces, some of which are still worth of attention!)

Personal request: http://fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=2689
"Maek thiz work plz" :)

Return to “Game Releases”