Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 19

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Lippy

Post by Lippy »

ginekolog wrote:
NOiZE wrote:We would like our impulses back or some other boost!

Buildings no longer give a impulse, so if you get rushed by a AK rush, and your lab explodes the AK's would die cause of the impulse and the rush is over, but now it continues!!!

I generally miss impulse on a ton of things :S
+69

impulses on units that NEEDED impulse should be left intact. This or increase their aoE or sth.
+666

Impulses on units such as fatboys are NECESSARY!
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

And bring back the old autoheal! :cry:
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Re the impulse changes, which a few ppl voiced concerns over:
Caydr wrote:Try the latest beta before you say the change is bad. Also, weapons still have impulse (by and large) just it's a lot less than before.
Well, I've now tried it and I agree with a lot of people that it is needed back for a number of units/situations as has been said in the last few posts...
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Cabbage wrote: And bring back the old autoheal! :cry:
I like no autoheal
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

jackalope wrote:
I like no autoheal
Yep at the moment its much better than before. Before it was ridiculous, because you could attack a guarded position, damage it severely and by the time you were able to regroup and attack again, most units there would have healed a significant portion of their life
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Lippy wrote:
jackalope wrote:
I like no autoheal
Yep at the moment its much better than before. Before it was ridiculous, because you could attack a guarded position, damage it severely and by the time you were able to regroup and attack again, most units there would have healed a significant portion of their life
plus repairing units is not as troublesome as I thought and gives you bonus for bothering to micro that much, and it's something a con can do when you are stalling and have excess buidl power
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

bring impulses back - perhaps not as high as they had been before causing units to fly across half of the map and deep crates after a few explosions

but i very much miss some small impulse that "shakes" or pushes smaller unit around a bit (and leaves a little crater)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Wouldn't it be fun if you could shove buildings around as well? Like dude where's my adv. car factory...
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

rattle wrote:Wouldn't it be fun if you could shove buildings around as well? Like dude where's my adv. car factory...
you get -5 points for a dumb idea but +10 points for lolz
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Yeah, uhm... I like slow auto-heal, and more impulse myself.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Alright, I'll increase my current "magic impulse number" of 0.123 to 0.256 and see how that works out. (find&replace ftw)

I'll also increase the impulse on weapons that depended on it a bit more. That doesn't include things like goliaths, which are monsters even without the impulse.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

NOiZE wrote:We would like our impulses back or some other boost!

Buildings no longer give a impulse, so if you get rushed by a AK rush, and your lab explodes the AK's would die cause of the impulse and the rush is over, but now it continues!!!

I generally miss impulse on a ton of things :S
+1
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Caydr wrote:Alright, I'll increase my current "magic impulse number" of 0.123 to 0.256 and see how that works out. (find&replace ftw)

I'll also increase the impulse on weapons that depended on it a bit more. That doesn't include things like goliaths, which are monsters even without the impulse.
I always thought impulse gave goliaths too big an advantage over bulldogs (yeah they should have advantage, but not so huge), so this is good.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Everyone should post a list of units that they believe should recieve back their Impulse shock's then, so Caydr can have an easier job of sorting them back in.

Try to list them in an organised way with short explainations.

-- CORE --

Leveler - Slight Impulse shock, enough to bump flash tanks around.

Wolverine - Seems pretty good without impulse.

Goliath - Just enough to bump lvl1-Kbots around with direct hits, minimal AOE.

DIPLOMAT - Impulse area half of its damage AOE, strong enough to push Kbots and Vehicles away from its origin.

Banisher - Impulse shock, same distance as its AOE but with less force than merl, more than the goliath.

TREMOR - Minimal Impulse range, very weak force, if this unit remained with 0 Impulse it would also be fine, its Rate of fire and range make it a remarkable Unit as is.

Dominator - slight enough to bump LvL -1 Kbots around slightly, short impulse range .

Punisher - Fine as is

Toaster - Fine as is

Cruise Missle Silo, Impulse distance half of its AOE, enough force to shov lighter units a short distance (maybe a factory's width?)

Shiva light mech,For both Missles and Cannons, impulse force as strong as the Goliath, small AOE but enough to shove a single units with direct hits.

--ARM--

Beamer - Minimal Impulse range, enough force to stop a unit and hold it in place, not enough force to shove or throw.

Janus Tank - Minimal impulse AOE, but strong force to push a single unit away, counter for its slow Rate of Fire.

ShellShocker - Seems pretty good without Impulse.

Bulldog - Small Impulse range, so only a direct hit will push, strong enough to shove a Flash/Instigator tank away short distance.

MERL - Same as Diplomat, Impulse distance half of its AOE, enough to shove LVL-1 Units away.

Luger - Impulse range same as AOE for damage, enough force to push light tanks slightly to disorient them, but not make them fly around.

Guardian - Fine as is

Ambusher - Fine as is

EMP Cruise Missle Silo - Is perfect with zero Impulse, its an EMP blast, not explosives.

Marauder light mech - Impulse range should be small area, very weak Impulse force.

LICHE Atomic bomber - Strongest Impulse force of any mobile unit, Impulse range about half the weapon AOE.

Bantha - Cannon's only, Impulse force as strong as the Krogtaar's used to be, or half of that.

I'm not a water player, so it might be better if sombody else mentioned the Water units, and what would be fair.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

autoheal IFN
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The impulse is tied directly to the damage, you can't tell it to give impulse to a smaller or larger area than it gives damage to.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

NOiZE wrote:
autoheal IFN
Statements like that are close-minded, if IFN stands for "Is For Noobs".
tombom

Post by tombom »

neddiedrow wrote: Statements like that are close-minded, if IFN stands for "Is For Noobs".
I didn't know what it stood for and I just guessed it was "Is Fine Now". Sadly you're probably right v:(v
Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

noize is right!

if your units are damaged go and repair them !
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Perhaps you can remove the stop sounds, I don't see how they can be usefull anyway ?

Return to “Game Releases”