Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 23

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

tombom

Post by tombom »

Got a missing texture "32xgourad0" or similar and "colorsdk0". This was in a game constantly giving "error side > 9" that crashed quickly so it may just be a Spring unrepeatable problem.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Why the hell does a radar cost 110 metal?

Their range is kinda shitty and they cost 110 Metal, thats like a gator...

Why the hell does a metalmaker cost 68 Metal!

First i spent too much metal on solars so i would like get a tiny fraction of that back, BUT NOOO i need to spend half a gator first!! They should cost 0 metal, so you can build them quickly when you are M-stalling!
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

yup, MM's should cost 0 metal again, and radars should be put back to their 2.11 range and costs (including sonars/naval radars).

Edit: the 2.11 radar already had its range reduced by 1/3 compared to either the previous version or the one before that..
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

my wishes
shield structure change not visible shield effect while being build

"new or readded" units:

get back long range "bertha" vehicle units
(maybe abuse low/high alt trajectory in way when switched to low alt they can't fire but can move while switched to high alt they can fire but can't move)
get back repulsing tower TechLevel 1.5 (short effect radius, high power demanding but faster to build that shield) ...
get some "mobile nuke like" submarine BM holder

MM should cost some metal maybe try 50% and same goes for radar ...
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I agree that Metal-Makers are a bit too pricey.

68 Metal
2000 Energy
and 100 E per tick for +1 metal.

They're highly volatile, they chain react in a wide area, leave no wreckage, and they look funny too :lol:

I disagree that they should be 0 metal, but 68 is a bit high.

ITs a real bummer when you have excess energy, lack of metal and have to spend so much for so little.

A fair price In my opinion would be.
M = 20-35
E = 1400-1650
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

a cruise missle sub..... :evil:
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

OMFG. i didnt even know they cost metal.

That makes no sense, why metal cost that much, it was good as it was. Why change every damn thing in the mod... there was nothing wrong with the old costs.

Any metal maker shouldnt cost metal at all. >__<

And why did the cloakable fusions get removed?? :shock:
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

I agree with Noize and Cabbage about radar/mm idea.
Belmakor

Post by Belmakor »

NOiZE wrote:Why the hell does a radar cost 110 metal?

Their range is kinda shitty and they cost 110 Metal, thats like a gator...

Why the hell does a metalmaker cost 68 Metal!

First i spent too much metal on solars so i would like get a tiny fraction of that back, BUT NOOO i need to spend half a gator first!! They should cost 0 metal, so you can build them quickly when you are M-stalling!
+infinity

68 metal for a metal maker is just completely insane. They don't have to be necessarily 0, but they should be very very close to 0, for exactly the reason Noize mentioned.
Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

i think just reduce radar costs and let the range :)

so you have to cover the map with radars and this takes a lot of your time btu gives you a big advantage because you know your enemy ;P
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

I dont think 68 Metal is all that bad, in fact i like it better this way as it requires some input to get better resources in the long run, instead of just building them easily when you have too much energy. It also means that destorying them does actually hinder their economy, as normally they can just get a con to build them back, with all the extra e thats around (due to the old ones being destroyed)
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Lippy wrote:I dont think 68 Metal is all that bad, in fact i like it better this way as it requires some input to get better resources in the long run, instead of just building them easily when you have too much energy. It also means that destorying them does actually hinder their economy, as normally they can just get a con to build them back, with all the extra e thats around (due to the old ones being destroyed)
That would be all fine and good if games would be 4h long. But since they don't last that long suhc investment isn't really worth.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

I really don't like the variant letter codes... What's wrong with just using a proper name?
Zirjin

Post by Zirjin »

I got my naval balance version online and created a seperate thread for it.

It is known as Variant N. :)

PM me if you want the link since I can't post an URL due to my account being new and spam protection kicking in on new accounts.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I support the idea of lowering MM and Radar metal costs, but I believe the other aspects are fine as is.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

I also think MM and Radar are too expensive.

I like the current radar range, because:

1. it make b uilding an advanced radar much more useful, in 2.11 you didn't really need them

2. it is easier to hide secret bases/armies from enemies, unless they take the effort to scout or build a radar network.

Also, with MM's costing 68 metal, that means each metal maker needs 68 seconds and 6800 energy just to break even on the metal it cost (note that it will take 68 seconds only if you have a constant surplus of E and don't need to bother with MMAI, which rarely happens.) This doesn't even take into account the buildtime and energy costs of the MM.

I think 15 metal would be a good compromise for the MM. It's not free like 2.11, but at the same time it is something you can afford when you are metal stalling.

However, I think Moho metal makers costing metal is fine. You should have a huge economy before you start building those anyways.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

For the love of gawd, revert the bulldog buff.

They REALLY DO NOT need a 100 range buff.

A small bulldog force is a pain in the butt to deal with.

Seriously.

De-buff reapers/bulldogs.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

2.7k metal for the fac...
means they should only come out midgame (or early - midgame if nice MC or small no's for rush)
any earlier = death
and as a game should it progresses from t1 -> t2
stfu bout t3!!!
maybe a slight nerf in terms of buildtime? thats one thing you dont have a whole lot of for going early adv vechs
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Just give them the anni laser and 10k armour and they'll be fine. ¬_¬
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

jcnossen wrote:I really don't like the variant letter codes... What's wrong with just using a proper name?
I strongly support that. Readability for the win.

Return to “Game Releases”