Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 8

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Anyone else having trouble with no missiles seeming to work? Mainly on CORE MT and naval MT and Slasher... :\ or is it just me?

add: I think the mod pack was a cool idea, though I would've done a version without the maps (but with all the mods). Everyone who's bitching about it needs to stfu.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Are we meant to see custom units icons when we zoon out? I just get minimap-like circles. It's still very cool though...
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

Has anyone mentioned the death animation thing? Somehow they look a lot more crude in this version (not sure if this is Spring or AA, sorry). Killed units just turn into wreckage so abruptly... that's not how it was before, was it? Am I imagining stuff?
Last edited by espylaub on 06 Oct 2006, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

It would be really nice to see the Zoomed out Icons, for team only..

Watching enemy Radar blips, you should never be able to distinguish what those units actually are untill they come into Visual LOS.

Whether or not those units that have been revealed are permanently swapped is another question completely.

The whole corpse thing, is now based on Total HP of the unit when it dies.

If a Bulldog with 50% health gets zapped by a heavy weapon, it seems to leave a solid corpse. While other units with lower HP getting by that same weapon will leave smaller wrecks.

I think this was part of the fix to eliminate the Reclaim/Kill exploit.

I've seen Goliaths get hit by weaker weapons and only leave a small pile of metal with no corpse at all, and other times it leaves a solid corpse, is this what you mean?

Or is it the effect, like an explosion and particles flying from a unit's death that seems less frequent?
Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

why don t we have team-colored nanospray ?

i would like it ;)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Why don't we give it a darker yellow and move the nano pieces to the crotch area of kbots?
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

rattle wrote:Why don't we give it a darker yellow and move the nano pieces to the crotch area of kbots?

+1
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

Hi,

iwas going to post earlier but i got time just now

A) i like idea of "Spring modpack"
especially for players who are NEW to Spring
of course only for users with faster line than ISDN

- but please keep maps standalone (for example from these 4 included i already got one)

i always was againsts multimaps as when one map went wrong whole package needed to be redownloaded for update etc ...
of course it's less problem for people like me with fast broadband but not everyone get that ...

again some "community mappack" is not bad idea but need contain only well done often played maps w/o need to be updated soon) ...

B) just side note 7-zip of AA (w/o these 2 shadows and bonus packages) is just 4.9MB (such size should be fine to ISDN or 56k users)
see http://3web.dkm.cz/myie2cz/test/AbsoluteAnnihilation.7z

C) thanks for commando fix

D) many said that You removed mobile berthas because they were overpriced overpowered something ... :((( sniff i like them on HUGE maps (epic battle style) they were nice addition ... if You get good mood please return them in future (not sure if it's possible to get units into deployed non movable state now will fit heavy mobile arty vehicles best)...
Arco

Post by Arco »

espylaub wrote:Has anyone mentioned the death animation thing? Somehow they look a lot more crude in this version (not sure if this is Spring or AA, sorry). Killed units just turn into wreckage so abruptly... that's not how it was before, was it? Am I imagining stuff?
Like I said on page 3, the new explosions don't last nearly long enough to see most of the time. It's not just the flak.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I've seen what you're talking about, but the problem isn't in AA. For some reason, the default explosions that happen when a unit is destroyed don't seem to happen anymore.

Like, hit a fighter with flak, all you see is the flak's explosion. The fighter doesn't make its own anymore, it just turns into chunks and falls to the ground. This isn't a result of any of my changes AFAIK. Like, try 2.21 on a previous version of spring. You *should* have the proper explosions.

I haven't made any custom zoomed-out icons, I don't consider it a high priority but it'd be nice to do at some point. Personally, I don't really like the icon system - I have the icon draw distance set to the maximum.

It's important that you do not post AA in any locations that won't give me an accurate download count.

Any comments on mythical anti-air kbots that have finally shown up? Don't look at their script, I'm sure it's embarassingly badly done or something ;) Also, I already noticed I took a shot with the wrong teamcolor, that'll be fixed.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

for some reason only the (H) mutator is working for me

(F) and (A) don't work.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

There was something broken in both of them since 2.11. I fixed it some time ago but forgot what it was nor do I have copies of the mutator zips.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I'm pretty sure that the explosions effects of many units being missing or gone is the result of the Exploit fix for being able to reclaim damaged units.

Remember the big exploit issue with being able to damage your own buildings or units to the point of death while reclaiming?, you would recieve the metal from the full reclaim, and sometimes a corpse was left over too, so you not only got the reclaim metal, but the corpse metal on top of it.

It seems like the metal left over from a corpse is directly effected by how much HP a unit has when it dies, like an overkill.
If a unit has high HP when it dies it leaves a corpse.
If a unit is very heavily damaged/low Hp, and recieves a high ammount of damage it becomes rubble.

There must be a transition bug from Living unit to corpse thats causing the issue, and its gotta be an engine bug related to the reclaim at death exploit fix.
raneti

Post by raneti »

i hate icon placements at least a naval and land separation would be nice
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I'd guess that the problem is relating to changes that happened as a result of the new FX system. Although most units' "on death" script have multiple explosion effects defined, spring seems to ignore many of these these now.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Is it possible to do something about the sand madness, everytime a unit stops it gives a sound, and with hundreds of units it gets kinda annoying :)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Don't think it's possible to fix that without eliminating them altogether.

Hm.. looks like I forgot to include the Annihilator health bar fix.

It's correct, only the H mutator was included. There's a sidedata bug preventing the others from working properly. See here: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7341
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

The commando is still a tad on the strong side, 4 cans+commando = win...
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Not just win, but rape and pillage!

I was just in that game with ya Firecrack, we were on Small Supcom, and we were forced all the way back into our island, 1 com dead, 1 losing, then along came 1 commando + 5-6 thuds and a couple rockos.

The battle completely turned, and once Firecrack got CAN support for his commando, it was game over.

Maybe if Commando's Paralyser weapon had less AOE, like 1 strong shot that can freeze 2-3 units closely together instead of the size of a guardian on High Traj fire that its using now.
Last edited by MR.D on 06 Oct 2006, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Yeah, specificaly it's EMP weapon is a bit strong, i'd recomend just ditching it and giving rectors/necros capture functionality and some EMP resistance...

If you want to keep it best to just give it an EMP beam that effects 1 unit and has to keep firing to remain in effect on it...
Last edited by FireCrack on 06 Oct 2006, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Game Releases”