Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

Caydr ftw
Argh

Post by Argh »

Personally, I think the modpack was a success, even though my own release turned out to have a rather nasty flaw :P
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Everyone on this side of the fence said that the modpack would jsut piss people off.

Both sides of that are true. It was a success and failure at the same time.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Thanks for the work Caydr, but after you fix the problems will that be it or are you going to let someone continue with the mod? I think you should leave it to a few of the talented modders that would like to. It's an exellent game, shame to see it stop being cared for if you really want to stop.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Lolsquad_Steven wrote:Thanks for the work Caydr, but after you fix the problems will that be it or are you going to let someone continue with the mod? I think you should leave it to a few of the talented modders that would like to. It's an exellent game, shame to see it stop being cared for if you really want to stop.
Well, there's nothing stopping another modder from taking AA and making their own version. After all, AA originally started as "Uberhack with a bunch of units pulled from unit-database-websites"... or "TAUIP with brains". Logically, you can do your own "Lolsquad Annihilation" forked off of AA.

/returns to making Excessive Annihilation, Instagib Annihilation, etc. etc. etc.
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

As Firecrack said, all it needs is time. Give the mod pack a chance - maybe remove the maps from it and add afew more mods instead, along with any updates that you think are needed. I recon in afew months things will pan out nicely.

Right, i'm off to play some 1944...
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

EXit_W0und wrote:As Firecrack said, all it needs is time. Give the mod pack a chance - maybe remove the maps from it and add afew more mods instead, along with any updates that you think are needed. I recon in afew months things will pan out nicely.
Teh awesome idea.
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

especially if it's released *along with* a standalone AA version (so the modpack-hating crowd won't get annoyed) too. New players are still gonna download the pack for convenience's sake
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Here is some testing me and steven did on the commando. Decided not to post it all untill we had some fun with it, Oh and we did.

-- Commando can capture while stealthed. Opponents can only see the nanolathe, and as far as I know, they receive no alert

-- Decloak radius is touch only. Properly micro'd they can avoid detection easily

-- Multiple commandos capturing capture faster

-- A single Commando captures a Core T2 Bot lab in ~40 seconds. HLT in ~25

-- Commandos are cloakable and stealth. Radar cant pick them up

-- Cloak cost is -90 energy

-- Commando metal, energy and buildtime are comparable to a Can, but a bit higher

-- Seismic detectors can point out the location of a Commando, but it still has to be uncovered before defence will fire at it

-- Seismic detectors are terrible at pinpotinging
http://www.lumberjacklodge.org/images/lol.JPG

http://isaach.dreamhosters.com/lolmando.sdf replay of altored divide from steven's comic
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I don't know how you got that screen, but it couldn't have been under normal circumstances. Pings are nowhere near that size. Maybe one fiftieth that size.
2.2 --> 2.21 - "Buy a Wii or I'll Set You on Fire" Edition

Completely eliminated impulse on EMP weapons
Stumpy/Raider HP boosted by 200, DPS reduced to 75 (81)
L1 radar range boosted by 100 units
Flak now has the proper explosion effect
Commando is no longer cloakable, HP increased to 2500 (2000),
reload time increased to 19.5 (5), metal cost reduced by 100
Revised prior changelog entry: Nanotowers were never removed
Added range rings to Tracer, Nemesis
Dragon's Eye slope tolerance reduced to 18 (24)
Adjusted some weapon colors
Flak tank HP boosted 300 (1650->1950)
Added "Archangel" and "Manticore" level 2 anti-air kbots
Available as patch or standalone: http://aaspring.tk (102 kb)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Thanks. I almost got punked because of the Commando trick.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

I also saw seismic rings that big, but only with the commando, perhaps it's mass is too high or somthing?
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

actually caydr, the sesimic is that imprecise, the signature of the commando is HUGE.. personally Id say dropping your signature value from 64, to maybe 5, or 6.. unless you wanted the MASSIVE signature to detect commandos..
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Glad I had some fun with it before it got nerfed
Last edited by Ishach on 06 Oct 2006, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Typo, I guess. 64=4. Fixed now, whatever.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Did you check on torpedo launchers vs subs and other underwater stuff? I'd swear there's not sonar on those.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

The pings from that comic and replay are under my host, New Zealand
Average ping 300-600, tho fully depended on the weakest cpu. The game is real, watch the replay. (It was fun us too :P My SmuG boys rule!)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The mod pack is a cool experiment. I'm a little disappointed at some of the negative responses, and I don't think it is something that would really work in the long term, but it's definitely a cool experiment and may get at least a couple new players trying new mods, if for no other reason that now they don't have as much work to do to jump right into a game.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I actually liked having a bunch of mods and maps in one place. I actually got this for everything else, and AA was kind of a bonus...

I guess I just march to the beat of a different drummer.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Sadly, until that pack I didn't even realize some of those mods existed yet. 1944, was quite neato. Havn't gotten to the others yet.

The resourcing in 1944 is really really wierd...

Return to “Game Releases”