Moderator: Moderators

Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Build it on a geo vent.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

You can build it on geo spots. Are there any updates to come? I kinda like it, even though it kills my comp when the AI spams me with polygons.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

I said "anywhere on the map", and that includes geo spots.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

That is weird. I think it requires the vent to be pretty much in the center.

I'm not planning for updates right now. No idea what I could do, I don't know how the balancing turned out since I haven't played it against human players.

The AI slows the computer down because of some weird performance hit that happens when units can't leave the factory, that's the biggest drain AFAIK.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Indeed it is wierd. For normal geo plants, if it is not on a geo vent, the grids underneth it would be yellow, otherwise it would turn green. But for the orbital weapon, it's always red.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I assume the map has to be entirely flat. Try out Energy Spire Plain by noize for instance, it's flat.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

It doesn't work either. I have tried many maps where the area around the geo vent is completely flat e.g. Nightscape.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Both me and AI were able to build and use it.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

There have been several calls to revive this mod so I'm currently working a bit on it. Those old scripts are so full of crappy code...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

yaaaay!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

AF wrote:yaaaay!
Yaaaay indeed!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Version 0.03a is available.
rcdraco

hmm

Post by rcdraco »

Did you fix hovercrafts? I know that The Plot of War has a working hovercraft, feel free to look at that.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Those were fixed looooong ago.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I'm still unsure what kinds of researchable upgrades I should add...

So far I have:
- Missile drone artillery missile
- Titan missiles
- Titan shield
- Mex shield
- Heavy weapons (grenade launchers, laserbeam cannons, ACV missiles, second barrel on the Tiger)
- Orbital weapons (needed to use the Orbital Uplink)
- Radar accuracy (basically like the targeting facility, can be built up to three times)

I'm thinking about making two of the four lasers on the Trireme require an upgrade (the lasers have been buffed heavily since 0.03a) as well as offering a speed upgrade for the Titan and Trireme. Perhaps an armor upgrade for drones. I'm also thinking about making defensive turrets no longer require any upgrades (though maybe they could get upgrades to increase their power) since gren launchers and lascannons aren't nearly as evil as most other upgrades. Adding a grenade launcher drone is also something I thought of.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

0.4 is officially released now.

Now features upgrades! They are shared for teams so make sure you coordinate your researching with your allies.

-Decreased metal values (both gain and costs)
-Revamped energy use completely (no longer used to gain upgrades)
-Added Research Center and all researches and associated effects
-Changed Eagle into a completely different role
-Orbital Uplink no longer needs a geovent but is hardcapped at 2.
-Began adding unit icons
-Trireme weapon arcs widened, weapon changed to rapid fire projectile laser (effectively a buff)
-Tiger ion cannon explosion effect changed
-Grenadelauncher weapon (on all users) buffed
-Cinder HP reduced greatly, cost increased (is now very fragile, to be built behind other defenses)
-Concrete HP buffed
-Brick cost decreased

For the next version I'm thinking about making energy more important again, every weapon would need some energy to fire and even the tiny drone lasers will draw 1E per shot. Didn't want to make any big changes between the RC1 and release so that'll have to wait until the next version.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

Image Image

Image Image

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Complicated resource mechanics do not suite this mod, and the people who play it are not looking for economics, they're looking for fun and a lagless alternative to nanoblobz.
Shadowsage

Post by Shadowsage »

i applaud your upgrades. This is extremely interesting.
chlue

Post by chlue »

I gave this mod a short offline try.

- What AI should work? In my tries RAI does nothing, QAI, TSI and KAI crashed. The only one I got working was AAI, but for some stupid reason it nearly only build Triremes. Probably I wrote a bad config file. If someone has a good config for AAI, it would be nice if he would upload or post it here.

- The Trireme is a builder. The result is, that a number of widgets get trouble with this thing. Setting only builder=0 in ctireme.fbi results in a 'crawling' tireme. So I looked in another mod and tried this settings:

Code: Select all

Builder=0;
CanAttack=1;
CanFly=1;
CanGuard=1;
CanMove=1;
CanPatrol=1;
CanStop=1;
CruiseAlt=70;
HoverAttack=1;
dontland=1;
airhoverfactor=0; 
this is probably way to much, but with this settings the Trireme seem to work right, without being a builder.

- The CPU-Load on this mod is very high. I have very high 'Sim-Time' and 'Scripts' values so the %-value got up to 70% after a short time with two aai's against each other. As I said before, they primary build Triremes, so I assume the scripts of the Trireme are very inefficient. Maybe you should try removing or optimising the animated paddles?

Return to “Game Releases”