n00berhack! v0.7g released (aka, the monkeylord mod) - Page 2

n00berhack! v0.7g released (aka, the monkeylord mod)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Core wins in this mod - the Arm needs a Vulcan or something as a counter to the Monkeylord. Plus, the peewees are a pain to manage compared to the ease of running a couple of Doomsdays.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

PWs rock atm, use central build AI :wink:

And the gameplay atm is awful, mexxes that reduce your metal storage? wtf?
Core doesnt have any mobile AA. However the mexxes rape a swarm of 100 brawlers with 2 shots. Give the arm berthathing a range comparable to the monkeylord imo would help.

Most games end in a tie because of units are used as defence, and you will get an impenetrable defence not long into the game. Hawks anyone?
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

The mexes reducing energy is so clever!!! In 2 games i was like WTF my units arnt doing anything... It has to stay!!!! so funny!!!
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Otherwise people would spam exploiters and have no reason to build attack units. This way, they at least have to build AKs.

One AK gives you as much storage as one exploiter loses.

The bertha is a general anti-mech weapon - 10k damage per round. 3-4 of them will end a monkeylord very, very quickly. I'm yet to see a monkeylord be a game decider, actually. Most of the time its built it ends up just cementing an already ended game. The fact that they have a huge radius around them in which plasma shells are actually SUCKED into it makes it a big honking target on the field.

As far as siegebreakers - use peewees to shell things at range, or set up berthas, or swarm with something...

On the other hand, core has the monkeylord's laser to smash defenses, as well as the sumo+shadow.

Sumo is core's mobile anti air.

I'm yet to see a truely impenetrable defense in this game, or anything even resembling one. Even two flashes or a few AKs in a base can wreck massive havoc.

Would it be worth me writing a short guide to the units? <_<
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

the whole fun is in trying them out!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Nemo wrote:Otherwise people would spam exploiters and have no reason to build attack units. This way, they at least have to build AKs.

One AK gives you as much storage as one exploiter loses.

The bertha is a general anti-mech weapon - 10k damage per round. 3-4 of them will end a monkeylord very, very quickly. I'm yet to see a monkeylord be a game decider, actually. Most of the time its built it ends up just cementing an already ended game. The fact that they have a huge radius around them in which plasma shells are actually SUCKED into it makes it a big honking target on the field.

As far as siegebreakers - use peewees to shell things at range, or set up berthas, or swarm with something...

On the other hand, core has the monkeylord's laser to smash defenses, as well as the sumo+shadow.

Sumo is core's mobile anti air.

I'm yet to see a truely impenetrable defense in this game, or anything even resembling one. Even two flashes or a few AKs in a base can wreck massive havoc.

Would it be worth me writing a short guide to the units? <_<
Well, you could beef up the in-game unit descriptions to reflect all that stuff you just said.

Edit: I was thinking, if you wanted to really go nuts, you could consider the fact that, with only a handful of units per faction and over 300 to choose from in AA, you could make like a dozen factions for n00berhack. n00berhack could be like a fighting game with a ton of different "characters" to choose from.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Some screenshots I made when trying this out:
Nemo, if you want 1024x768 versions PM me.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

What? Why only nemo? Post them fag! :P
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Random unit suggestion:

The flea. Has only 50 hitpoints. Has a range and LOS of 1800. Speed of a Hawk. And shoots sniper rounds.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Pxtl wrote: Well, you could beef up the in-game unit descriptions to reflect all that stuff you just said.
Will be done next version. Didn't think to fix that before the release, sorry about that.
Edit: I was thinking, if you wanted to really go nuts, you could consider the fact that, with only a handful of units per faction and over 300 to choose from in AA, you could make like a dozen factions for n00berhack. n00berhack could be like a fighting game with a ton of different "characters" to choose from.
Mmm. Neat idea. In fact, VERY neat idea. However, that sounds like way more work than should be invested in such a silly little game. If I'm ever lacking for something to do for 1944, I'm definately going to look into doing that.

I'll poke around a little and fix a few things (# of movement classes, unit descriptions, some minor balance tweaks), and see about a new version.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Zpock wrote:oh that was the problem

I have to say, this is a great mod!!!!!!!! Everyone should try it, other modders can learn a lot from it!.
Yeah right, I wonder what I could "learn" from this, maybe I should try it
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

KDR_11k wrote:Yes but I don't think he was asking about just any BOS. He wanted a specific BOS and we're having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly it's supposed to do. I could make a flying mex that does the hokey-pokey but I don't think he'd want that.

Nemo, I think flying hokey-pokey mexs are a must.

..and how did the shadow removing-ness go? I but this would run waaaaay beeter (especialy under my nuclear carpet bombing) without so much(any?).
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

doubled their buildtime, added 25% to hawk weapon damage vs them, will probably drop them down to one bomb per run.

Currently adding in the Orbital Ion Cannon for Arm.
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

Nemo wrote:doubled their buildtime, added 25% to hawk weapon damage vs them, will probably drop them down to one bomb per run.

Currently adding in the Orbital Ion Cannon for Arm.
I meant graphical shadows but the shadow nerfage is good too =)

sounds good
smoth

Post by smoth »

quick question. Is this another OTA varient?
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

sort of but not really. It uses a bunch of OTA models and units, but it plays nothing like it.

Only about 7 units per side right now.

And shadows? Do you mean smoke? I've been trying to create smokeless explosions, but no luck so far.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Options->uncheck Enable Shadows?
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

*is an idiot and meant smoke*

*Prepares to be slaped with the stupid stick*

And SMoth, go play a game of it and let me know if its an OTA varient heheehhe

*prepares the nukes*
smoth

Post by smoth »

Hunter I am too busy working on my mod. there are tons of mods I do not get to play.
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

I was mosly joking

But if you ever do find yourself with an extra 5-10mins you can give it a shot, the games a very fast. I recomend a smallish map though (no bigger than 12x12 or I think) to avoid massive lag.

Return to “Game Releases”