Spring: 1944 v0.01 Alpha - Page 3

Spring: 1944 v0.01 Alpha

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

The truck looks a bit low poly though, maybe the edges of the truck storage can be rounded or something?
The rest of the truck looks very nice though...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Well I have been sticking my nose into modding, and If I ever need that kind of walk animation, then it would be much appreciated.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Zoombie wrote:Well I have been sticking my nose into modding
Anything to show?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

A tank that wont drive, a gun that won't shoot and a scrip that crash's my computer. Other then that nothing but bright ideas.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

centurion-1 wrote:
FLOZi wrote:
Zoombie wrote:I'd also like to see that walk animation open to the public. You know for any and all mods who need infanty (Gear Commander and WD are a good ones to think of)
I'll release it when its finished I imagine. :wink:

I thought GC/WD already had some pretty sweet infantry scripts?
Yes we do, courtesy of GZ, they work great but the running animation is ripped from the ARM Zipper fast attack kbot, and while its good its not so smooth. It is good enough for now tho, no worries.

Are you using the smoothanim tag? Really what i've done isn't so special. And Zoombie, the windows aren't reflective... yet. I didn't think about that. I'm responsible for making the Upspring-able textures (but Spiked does the actual UVmapping and art).
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Well It'll be really cool if those windows are reflectice, cause it would just add another layer of graphical neatness.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I didn't even think of that. Fuck, that would make me cream my little girl panties IMMEDIATELY.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Um...thats a little too much information, but I suppose this means that your going to add it in.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Sweet walking animation, I might need it in my mod :p

Reflective windows would be good, otherwise great job :mrgreen:
Last edited by Snipawolf on 15 Oct 2006, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:I think you should animate the body (torso) to be less static while the legs are moving, otherwise it looks strange.

Nice, though.
Yeah a little bounce with the lowest point where the foot on the ground passes under the body.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Snipawolf wrote:Reflective windows would be good, but that truck needs another set of wheels and rounded off a little, otherwise great job :mrgreen:
Why extra wheels? Blitzes(?) in the world only had one set. as to rounding meh could care less.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Weaver wrote:
Warlord Zsinj wrote:I think you should animate the body (torso) to be less static while the legs are moving, otherwise it looks strange.

Nice, though.
Yeah a little bounce with the lowest point where the foot on the ground passes under the body.
Yes yes, it will be done.

Now everyone stop nagging or I'll just keep modelling things/playing BF2 instead. :P
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

o.0 That sounds kinda.... cheap for a mod maker (jk) :lol:

Oh I didn't know, I don't know quite a lot but, looks unbalanced like that....

Your mod not mine, I already am making mine, slowly though
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

No, none of that fucking matters, and the Blitz only had 4 wheels.
smoth

Post by smoth »

:shock: I like it the truck... ignore chrispin.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Chrispin must not play alot of WWII games, the Blitz has only ever had two axels never any more unless their are some strange versions i have never seen :shock: .
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

:shock: Chrispin....? He wasn't even here when this topic was announced,he was on vacation for like a month, I believe it was me who said that, or am I suffering amnesia ?
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Been awhile... some updates:

Lots of units added. All German infantry except mortar ingame; Soviet riflemen, PPSh, PTRD, Sniper, Observation Infantry ingame. German barracks ingame, along with Soviet ZiS-5 Transport Truck.

redcoat

Post by redcoat »

I think all modellers could draw some inspiration for faces from this:

This is Halo 1 concept art on human characters- all of the faces are blacked out.

http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo/Galler ... Art&page=5

Now, I realize that ingame everyone had a face (it being a FPS), but I've seen far too many (not to pick on 1944) modelers attempt to uber detail their models, esp. their infantry, when there is not only any need to - but it actually makes things look worse.

I also think modellers should pay close attention to how models were built in Command&Conquer: Generals (do a google search for screenshots if you don't have this incredible game). Now I will admit the infantry could have used maybe 5-10 more polygons for detail, but they're an excellent example of how little is needed to make something look good. Especially when coupled with GREAT scripting (which I very much enjoyed the soldier running in this thread).

(hmmm, new mod idea: TA: Attack of the Stick Figures!).
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

i wouldn't really say those were good looking infantry. Hell i think the infantry in some of Westwood's earlier games looked better. Comparing them to the vehicles or buildings they could have done better. Hell the Cold War Crisis mod has damn good looking infantry.

Return to “Game Releases”