Absolute Annihilation 2.11 - Page 15

Absolute Annihilation 2.11

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Drone_Fragger wrote:heh, I go Kbots on hilly maps, And Vehs on flat ones. convehs are not "next to useless" as everyone keeps saying. They are better than Kbots, have more hp/cost (If i remeber correctly) and are slightly faster.
On the con-side: they're BIG. This means they can't build as tightly as other units. They can't do rough terrain, so the can't build in the same places. They're much less nanolathe-per-cost. Even if a map has vehicle-access ramps, the fact that kbots can make the beeline route means the vehicles get there way, way later (eg: Centerrock). And finally, even if they had beefed up nanolathes to make them the same as kbots, bigger nanos give you less granularity of control for dividing up your prioritization.

I like the idea of a super-armoured construction unit - just not as the primary constructor. Make the amphiconveh the super-armoured-constructor so vehicle players get a choice. The Core one in particular is so heavy-looking it's believable that it would be nigh-invincible. I want the regular conveh to be the same as the kbot - the payout is in nano. Want to give the conveh a boost? Don't give it armour, give it more speed, nano power, or range, and less unfolding time.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Caydr wrote:Yeah as I was going through some of the build menus I noticed some inconsistencies like that which should really be fixed... I'll probably do it in next version.
If you can find a way to position the radar more consistently, I'd really appreciate it. I lose a couple of seconds per game because the radar's on a different page for the Commander and the L1 con units.
Lord JoNil

Post by Lord JoNil »

Maybe give conveh a weapon to help expanding? Or longer nano range to make up for their size?
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Are there hotkeys for going forwards/backwards menu pages? IIRC it was , and . for OTA, but that doesnt work in Spring...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Lord JoNil wrote:Maybe give conveh a weapon to help expanding? Or longer nano range to make up for their size?
YES!
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Drone_Fragger wrote:
Lord JoNil wrote:Maybe give conveh a weapon to help expanding? Or longer nano range to make up for their size?
YES!
you guys gotta be shitting me
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Longer range nanolathe isn't an entirely unreasonable idea, but I don't forsee any armed construction units.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

o,O
make it cheaper and lower buidpower so that it is equivalent to the kbot. except it has higher mobility and sucks at climbing,
so the general rule stands:
kbots on hilly
vehs on flat
that is how it should be. not kbots regardless!
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Min3mat wrote:o,O
make it cheaper and lower buidpower so that it is equivalent to the kbot. except it has higher mobility and sucks at climbing,
so the general rule stands:
kbots on hilly
vehs on flat
that is how it should be. not kbots regardless!
If you want vechiles to pwn flat, increase their speed... i mean, if they can quickly jump from metalspot to metalspot, they will expand much more quickly then their slow k-bot cousins.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Shields are now much stronger but require the same amount of time to
fully charge (3 minutes); Hold-out time versus Bertha is 54 minutes,
versus Intimidator 51 minutes, versus Vulcan/Buzzsaw is 7 seconds
Good? I also made them less transparent when fully charged but more transparent when weak. An attack with a single bertha is almost futile, while with 2 berthas the time is reduced to 27 minutes, with three to 18 minutes. And Vulcans break them almost instantly. I don't think anyone realizes just how much raw firepower comes out of a vulcan/buzzsaw - and when you have a target so large that it's virtually impossible to miss, it's just not going to be a very long battle. Having two shields in the same area prevents any effective attack from less than 5 or 6 berthas.

Which is a better name for the core Bunker structure: Asylum or Sanctuary? Sanctuary sounds like more of an Armish thing, on the other hand it could also be like an evil.... control room... fortress....thing. Asylum, not as in crazyhouse, but as in safe location.

Just a small handful of changes left before 2.1... it'll be a real milestone, I think, all the great stuff from v2 but with bugfixes and much-improved ground war strategy (since vehicles should now be more viable).
Hoinkie

Post by Hoinkie »

sweet incoming vehincle pawn start
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

sweet incoming vehincle pawn start
he hasnt actually told us what he intends to do yet lol
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Planning a new version for tomorrow probably. If you have anything to add or any complaints, please make them known as soon as possible.

2.1 Changelog:
Check page 18 for update
Last edited by Caydr on 24 Jun 2006, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Double post FTW

Running out the door... any feedback on (A)? If anything for it needs adjustment, now's the time.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

yes...
well i think i'm going to be playing 2.0 for a while then. O.o o.O
random changes to T3 mechs? why???
Buffing flashes and PW??? O,o
Fido still having both modes despite gauss being obsolete with the nasty other weapon it has?
Stupid changes to Golly/Mav autorepair
Changes to the Buzzsaw when it is never seen in a game?
High Traj mode changes? like its ever accurate vs units...
A stupid anti sub hovercraft but no attempt to balance the completely fucked state of AA war at sea?
think of the kittens...
patmo98

Post by patmo98 »

Caydr wrote: Shields are now on-offable
Do shields charge when off?
Do shield block when off?
Caydr wrote: but block all plasma weapon fire,
including owned and allied units
Ouch, I guess this is a good thing. Do they block weapons fire that originates inside of them?
Arco

Post by Arco »

patmo98 wrote:Ouch, I guess this is a good thing. Do they block weapons fire that originates inside of them?
I think it's just to correct how you could formerly send plasma straight up out of the shield, only for it to fall right back on top of you despite the shield being present.
knorke

Post by knorke »

New units added, Refuge and Asylum (A/C respectively), bunker-type
structures which are capable of "picking up" units to keep them safe;
although completely unarmed, they have a massive amount of HP
cool, will units like peewees be able to shot out of this bunkers? :shock:
I never saw someone making suggestions for the changes, is there another AA-forum I dont know of?
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Caydr wrote: Flash, Peewee rate of fire increased to 0.3 (0.325), an effective DPS boost of 9 units (101->110)
Why?
Vanguard builtime increased 6%, metal cost increased 9%, energy cost increased 12%, HP reduced by 1000 (8250->7250), accuracy versus fast units reduced, sight range reduced to 220 (370)
Why?
Razorback buildtime decreased 6%, metal cost reduced 5%, energy cost reduced 5%
Why?
Plasma battery high-trajectory mode is now less accurate vs moving targets
It could hit moving targets?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I'm not Caydr, but I can see where he's coming from on these changes.
Egarwaen wrote:
Caydr wrote: Flash, Peewee rate of fire increased to 0.3 (0.325), an effective DPS boost of 9 units (101->110)
Why?
'cause their range sucks and they need something. They get pwned by micro'd AKs/Gators, so as a payoff they shred when they get in range.
Egarwaen wrote:
Vanguard builtime increased 6%, metal cost increased 9%, energy cost increased 12%, HP reduced by 1000 (8250->7250), accuracy versus fast units reduced, sight range reduced to 220 (370)
Why?
Razorback buildtime decreased 6%, metal cost reduced 5%, energy cost reduced 5%
Why?
Vanguard = overused, Razorback = never used. Many complaints of Vanguard being overpowered.
Egarwaen wrote:
Plasma battery high-trajectory mode is now less accurate vs moving targets
It could hit moving targets?
This one I find silly. It already couldn't hit moving targets because it's such a long lag. Only time the HT plasma can hit moving targets is when you've a river of units trying to push into your base. To have it suddenly aim worse in that case seems a bit silly.

Return to “Game Releases”