Absolute Annihilation 2.11 - Page 12

Absolute Annihilation 2.11

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

if you lower the open speed further there will be little point in 1: nanotowers 2: getting more than one lab of the same type.
cons are very very useful as it stands.
besides if you need DT quick a aircon will blaze it up! 3 of those given seperate orders on the same line will get that DT up...FAST
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I've not ignored the point on adv fusions any of the last three times, I just haven't directly replied to it yet. They'll be adjusted.

Ok, hammer/rocko will be same speed then - 1.55 if I remember right. Thud/Storm also same speed, whichever is faster. Will probably be 1.52 or so...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Thought I better post this here.

[19:12:28] <[FMC]Drone_Fragger> If you've ever played OTA AA versus people, You'll realisde why making artilly good againsts units is bad
[19:12:52] <[XHC]BigSteve> its not that good against units anyway
[19:12:55] <[XHC]Cabbage> pretty much everyone has played ota...
[19:12:58] <[XHC]Cabbage> this isnt ota
[19:12:58] <[XHC]BigSteve> where talking level1
[19:13:00] <[XHC]Cabbage> this is AA
[19:13:05] <[XHC]BigSteve> peewees and rockos you twat
[19:13:12] <[XHC]BigSteve> fucks sake
[19:13:14] <[FMC]Drone_Fragger> seriously, for 2 versions, all you had ot build was Lugars or pillagers. Long range, Acurate and fast, And the dead ones stopped units firing on them
[19:13:19] <[FMC]Drone_Fragger> Indeed
[19:13:23] * TreeForm[FD] has joined battle
[19:13:29] <[XHC]BigSteve> this aa thread is populated by complete idiots![19:13:35]
<[FMC]Drone_Fragger> Artillery = antibuilding
[19:13:38] <[XHC]BigSteve> no common sense whatsoever

Thats me and Steve arguing about why Artillery should be able to kill units instantly. Ie, Vanguard. Caydr, You remeber the days Of OTA:AA where all you had to do was rush tech 2 and spam artillery right?
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Cheers drone... you just saved my 5 minutes writing that post^^
I cant be arsed arguing anymore, just like krog said, people just argue for the sake of arguing its not worth my time... im just gald youre not in charge of the mod^^

and it was about killing lev1 units btw if a van cant kill a peewee in one shot then theres probs ^^
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

SEriously, The point is, when Artillery, Thats right, Long range plasma cannons designed to kill emplaced, Static defences, can hit a moving peewee, You have something wrong.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Drone_Fragger wrote:SEriously, The point is, when Artillery, Thats right, Long range plasma cannons designed to kill emplaced, Static defences, can hit a moving peewee, You have something wrong.
With the sole exception of the Morty - because if it wasn't good against units it would be 100% useless.

Oh, and speaking of L3 units - has anyone ever even seen the Core L3-super-sumo unit in use?
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

Yes, i see it used from time to time.

Its über slow, and does only moderate damage.
But its INSANE hp makes it an interesting alternative to the other l3 bots, when considering its low price compared to the krog.

As long as it doesnt get d-guned, there is nothing that can stop it, so you can use it to walz through a defensive line. Its a rampart, just like the Sumo, only meaner.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Andreask wrote:Yes, i see it used from time to time.

Its über slow, and does only moderate damage.
But its INSANE hp makes it an interesting alternative to the other l3 bots, when considering its low price compared to the krog.

As long as it doesnt get d-guned, there is nothing that can stop it, so you can use it to walz through a defensive line. Its a rampart, just like the Sumo, only meaner.
Yes, but for 4x the cost you can get the Krog, which can actually attack. Sure, 4 juggernauts can take twice as much damage as a Krog (I'm going by 1.46 stats since the 2.0 unit guide isn't up yet), but they move so slow and do so little damage that they will soak up much more fire than the Krog - in the same position, the Krog can destroy the nuisances that attack it or simply walk right through the defensive line at a decent speed, rather than slowly being pounded. I remember in AA in TA, the Juggernaut had practically a D-gun.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Drone_Fragger wrote:SEriously, The point is, when Artillery, Thats right, Long range plasma cannons designed to kill emplaced, Static defences, can hit a moving peewee, You have something wrong.
I'd guess it's not hitting it dead-on but, rather, is barely missing and then catching it with the AoE, and then the PeeWee has so few HPs that it dies instantly. Which is perfectly acceptable.
Day

Post by Day »

I've not ignored the point on adv fusions any of the last three times, I just haven't directly replied to it yet.
im sorry then my bad
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

no. Direct hit. Like the 1.0 Gaurdian was. Horribly overpowered.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Why would you send a lone juggernaught to a5ttack a heavy defensive line? oO

Use your head! - send in swarms of lvl 2 units behind it etc
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

drone, if you send a load of lvl 1 units towards a guardian in high traj in a streight line, what do you expect? a little bit of micro and you can avoid every single shot......

the guardian predicts where the enemy units will be by the time its shot lands, simply changeing their course just afdter it fires will let you avoid the shot. It's common sense, the same thing happens with real life arty, and just like RL, if a shot does happen to hit a group of units, it makesa big mess....
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

But the vanguard is low traj, and will thus hit alot more.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Drone_Fragger wrote:no. Direct hit. Like the 1.0 Gaurdian was. Horribly overpowered.
Running straight towards it or at an angle? If it's straight towards it, then DUH.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

They seem to be 100% accurate, can anyone confirm this?
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

we're talking about LEVEL 3 unit here. that is built from a GANTRY that costs TONS of metal. after the gantry you need the Vanguard built, that costs TONS of metal again. and then you complain that it can hit A LEVEL 1 UNIT WORTH 60 METAL?

its like saying " oh my god a maverick can kill A PEEWEE!" NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF IT TO HELL!

vanguard is all fine.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Well, If we are going to leave the vanguard, an ARTILLERY UNIT. ARTILLERY as a low traj unit eating machine. Then make the BB hyper accurate. Its like that. An ARTILLERY unit shouldn't be able to hit units at long range, because units move. Sure, if its going toward it, Then fine, but oherwise. Ugh.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

I like the juggernaut - it's description is accurate, use it as a super-heavy turret. Then, when you've supported it with real static defences, you move it forward a bit and repeat. While it's not used that often, it still fills a good tactical niche.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Cabbage wrote:Why would you send a lone juggernaught to a5ttack a heavy defensive line? oO

Use your head! - send in swarms of lvl 2 units behind it etc
Of course I wouldn't send it alone - but guarded or not the results would be similar. I just don't see much use to it - all it can do is get shot. Can barely move, can barely fight. Yes, it's hard to destroy, but so's a dragon's tooth.

Return to “Game Releases”