All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

with aircraft i think its just anything that passes through its patrol lines
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

increase subs torpedo velocity a bit so they are a little more effective against moving targets, especially at the edge of their range, or make them semi-guided
Done
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

Damn, I once microed one of my snakes to take down two enemy snakes by taking advantage of the slow torpedos :(
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Fixed bug about commanders leaving a wreck when they self-d... I fixed this already, but then unfixed it when I decided to use bugfix's commander scripts to fix a different bug... now I've combined the two and everything's happy again.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Removing the kinetic effects of all common weapons is kind of weird, tank plasma just doesn't feel like tank plasma anymore. Also, emg looks kind of dull and ugly. And the Krogoth seriously needs the buckshot back, the new plasma dumping just looks so ugly.

And Caydr, is it just me, or have the Juggernauts been overbuffed? I mean, the range on its plasma weapon is just ridiculous . And oh yeah, it suffers from the "skating" effect seen on the old Sumo too. The model is kickass though!
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

You removed the impulse from all weapons ?

But that was fun !!!

Bring it back, NOW !
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Andreask wrote:You removed the impulse from all weapons ?

But that was fun !!!

Bring it back, NOW !
I think it should be there for select weapons, as it added some depth to the game (e.g. in a guardian war, if you got your guard up first you could effectively prevent your opponent from finishing his by the impulse knocking his cons/com away from it. Also for the heavy tanks, the impulse factor helped them to dominate over lvl 1 units.

***Disclaimer: I have not checked to see which units have the impulse factor in the current beta so I may be talking out of my ass... Damn biochem test tomorrow :evil: ***
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

I said "common weapons" as did caydr in the changelog. Sorry about that, I need to clarify that this means things like small plasma [stumpy or anaconda plasma for instance].
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

To give a "blast everything you see" order use the Fight command.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

But remember it's not the smartest option. It makes units crush every enemy in it's way on sight and these units are very prone to getting chomped up by defenses. It's because units have no targeting priorities.
chlue

Post by chlue »

Some graphical things:

I understand the grounddeformation of most weapons was removed to reduce pathfinding-lag, but I think artillery and heavy plama weapons should still have some grounddeformation. They feal so weak now. :cry:

The lasers of the small T3 Arm mech still deform ground at their previous rate with locks quite silly compared to other weapons.

I think the beam of beamlasers could need some variations, but in a normal game you will not have time to examine the beam anyway.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Yeah, most weqapons need impulse back...

Also, weapons with large blasts should still do self-damage...
danzel

Post by danzel »

Arm naval radar can be built on land, even huge slopes.

The underwater lab is.... underground, tested on DireStrights.
Suggest renaming it to underwater-underground-lab. :lol:
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

I'm notcing some units aren't able to fire as far as their red weapon range circle indicates they should be able to. The weapon always falls short by a certain distance or in the case of the sniper it just misses everything after a certain range (even big massive things). I noticed this on the stumpy & raider ,sniper, fido(on artillery mode only), arm & core l1 artillery, arm & core l2 artillery so far. Edit: the vanguard falls a bit short also - it seems to be mostly artillery based weapons that have this problem.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

EXit_W0und wrote:I'm notcing some units aren't able to fire as far as their red weapon range circle indicates they should be able to. The weapon always falls short by a certain distance or in the case of the sniper it just misses everything after a certain range (even big massive things). I noticed this on the stumpy & raider ,sniper, fido(on artillery mode only), arm & core l1 artillery, arm & core l2 artillery so far. Edit: the vanguard falls a bit short also - it seems to be mostly artillery based weapons that have this problem.
Like impulse, it depends on gravity, which tbh is more of a pain than a cool feature. Some maps with low grav make impulse weapons ridiculous and artillery useless, while high grav ones make impulse useless and artillery even more so due to its range being cut short...
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

Fair point, i forgot about gravity :/
Ignore all of that then :) Serves me right for trying to think in the morning :p
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

EXit_W0und wrote:Fair point, i forgot about gravity :/
Ignore all of that then :) Serves me right for trying to think in the morning :p
lol no, im not knocking your point, just giving you something to keep in mind. If you tested on maps with standard gravity, then its completely valid.
Anyways i think units should be able to work at a good gravity tolerance (say from CC to TEH PINK gravities)
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

Well I did most of the testing on blue planet, which has a gravity of 150. (i'm thinking thats fairly high above average from what you've just said)
Whats the average? About 100 maybe?

Although the sniper missing its target after a certain range is a different issue - no gravity involved there.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

people, people.

Caydr reduced craterboost and cratermultiply to ZERO and not IMPULSEFACTOR.

A Guardian will still swatter enemy units away, just not deform the ground - try it with 100 guardians, the ground will be unscathed.

I personally think this is a good change, the pathfinding lag is a LOT less now.

And er, I do hate the new EMG visual for the flash :<.
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

I prefer the new emg shots. The old ones looked like you were firing bits of belly button fluff at the enemy :p
Though the new ones could maybe be a brighter colour.

Return to “Game Releases”