Absolute Annihilation 2.11 - Page 76

Absolute Annihilation 2.11

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

scouting isnt the problem, if people want to use them as scouts that fine by me, but they are simply too good at that role, and the only thing causing this is how quickly they fire their flares. Just had a group of 5 fly smak down the middle of 10 packos, only one died with the others barely taking a scratch, and this is solely due to how often their flares fire. And becuase they can fly through masses of AA missiles and survive, they can effectively clear a path for your L2 bomber swarm etc. All that needs to be done is to decrease how fast tehir flares fire, then they should be able to fly through reasonable AA and continue to scout, but they wont be able to live to tell the tale, or hold up all your AA to let nastier stuff through...

P.S. i lurve my new avatar ^^

P.P.S No arguments about peepers jamming up AA, when they fly overhead, they die quickly, you only gte survivours due to sheer numbers :P
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Adv radar planes have a visual range substantialy higher than that of a peeper...
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Cabbage wrote:All that needs to be done is to decrease how fast tehir flares fire, then they should be able to fly through reasonable AA and continue to scout, but they wont be able to live to tell the tale, or hold up all your AA to let nastier stuff through...
Yes.
kirbyssb

Post by kirbyssb »

Does anybody else think popups are still a little too hard to kill? It seems once you hit L2 you can spam popups and make a wall of defense that's really hard to get by.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Popups are countered with proper mixed forces... genereally L1 spam (AKs/PeeWees) to open them up, then longer range artillery to blow them apart. They crumble easily once open.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Does anybody else think popups are still a little too hard to kill? It seems once you hit L2 you can spam popups and make a wall of defense that's really hard to get by.
Merls/artillery + lvl 1 unit spam,
bombers/gunships + lvl 1 unit spam,
Go around them,
etc...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Kirby, they're fine. Easy to circumvent, easy to lure.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

On soft maps popups can be a real pain.
Not enough to say they are imba, because i love the ground balance atm.
jerebaldo1

Post by jerebaldo1 »

Hey Cadyr, do you think you could change the weapon graphics for the emgs and gauss cannons?

At the moment, all lasers are beam weapons. There are very few units that use the projectile lasers. Maybe emgs can use projectile laser graphics? As for the gauss cannon, maybe a model can be used for the projectiles.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm really wanting to see more than yellow balls representing most of the firepower seen on the battlefield. I think it would make battles look a lot more interesting.

Ideally plasma projectiles would scale to the size of the weapon's ordinance, but that isn't really possible yet. I doubt it's even possible to use the color tags on the plasma weapons like you can with laser weapons. If you can though it would be awesome to color code the balls to the strength of the weapons.
MrGray

Problems with the AA support ship

Post by MrGray »

See Units => Anit-Air Support ship

I think this ship is in its current form overpowered and reduce the range of ships in game.
It provide great AA support (which is good !) and in addition good anti-sub support (which is bad !).
The anti-sub support is the problem.
I my last game an the big "Supreme Battlefield" map one player had only build Battleships and support ships. This combination was great. BS clear everything on surface, support ships clear every thing in air and under water.
The problem is the support ship make a whole class of anti sup ships useless and through it great fire power it makes also the sups useless.
Why build destroyers or the specialized anti-sup-submarine? You have grat anti sub and AA capabilities.

I suggest to remove the anti-sup ability from that ship. Make it only a great AA ship. If you want anit-sub capabilities then destroyers and anit-sub-submarines should be the way to go.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Hmm... persoanly i'd like to see EMP weapons made to bolt weapons as on the spider, rather than beams likethe bladewing....
KlavoHunter

Re: Problems with the AA support ship

Post by KlavoHunter »

MrGray wrote:<snip Support Ship Whining>
Make the big Assault Submarines. Those counter EVERYTHING on the water.

If you're strapped for cash, build an Amphibious Complex to construct them instead of a T2 Shipyard.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i'd go for the amphib almost all of the time really
fast tech + T2 subs + awesome amphibs (<3 shiva) is very useful, besides BS aren't that good
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

jerebaldo1 wrote:Talks about changing the look of emg and plasma
This is will be possible next spring version (ETA to Release: Eternity) as new tags were added to change the look of EMG and Plasma weapons. However the Flash, Peewee, Guardian (and its equivalent), BB (and its equivalent), and certain other units should keep the shots as is or at the very least make the differences small but still noticeable since that is part of their OTA connection.
jerebaldo1

Post by jerebaldo1 »

For the emgs I was thinking purple, flatter pulses would look good. The new tags could probably achieve this. The gauss could have another effect that says "yeah, this weapon is a high velocity plasma bolt". Subtle but different is fine for me, as long as there is variety and difference of some kind. The unit models have been given a facelift already, so I think it's a logical step to give the weapon effects a facelift as well.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Sea balance needs to be terribly, terribly, terribly worked on.

The point about AA ships also having depth charges is a valid one - AA ships should be AA ships. AA + depthcharge = too uber.

Submarines suck right now, honestly. they are pwned too easily by the aforementio0end support ships, and their slow speed means that they cant go anywhere at all.

Suggestion: Why not make subs relatively fast? Ships could be the bigger heavier brawlers, and submarines could be the somewhat faster units that manuver around and under and pwn stuff. Sea needs something like that anyway; the current ships take ages to move. Subs also need more health in general...
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

Dragon45 wrote:Sea balance needs to be terribly, terribly, terribly worked on.

The point about AA ships also having depth charges is a valid one - AA ships should be AA ships. AA + depthcharge = too uber
But Dragon! He literally *JUST CHANGED THEM* to have the depth charges, instead of just the AA! :x
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

most of us were against current support ship. Before new supp ship u could surprise enemy ships with subs OR air, but not anymore. Support ship >> all

Crapy idea, leave AA ship alone and make conqueror more anti sub ship (with deck guns too ofcourse)
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Crapy idea, leave AA ship alone and make conqueror more anti sub ship (with deck guns too ofcourse)
+1
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i'd like it so sub packs were effective defensively but slow on the offensive and so liable to being flanked or just avioded (as well as not performing well against depth charges)
t1 scouts would be as they are now, fast and weak and cheap
t2 AA ships would be nerfed slightly (so you cannot just rely on them to kill planes, you'd be far better off with a small airforce in support) (as well as having the depth charger removed)
t2 subkillers would obviously be used in small numbers to kill any unsupported sub groups
t2 subs would be made smaller and basically made into a lvl1 sub with a slight bit more health and better speed
t1 destroyers are useful fire support against depth charge launchers and the best option to counter hovercraft / pelicans with a weakish antisub weapon (reliant on their speed to aviod the unguided torpedoes)
t2 destroyers would be a all round good unit, weak against hovercraft / pelicans but with a decent ranged gun and 2 depth charge launchers (still weak to t2 subs though)
t1 Corvettes would be given more health and range as well as costs increases (so they can't be used in rushes early on), they'd have no antisub weapon but be useful vs t2 destroyers (as they have no lasers / ligh guns on them) (due to their speed)
t2 Corvettes would be fast and have a powerful mid-ranged weapon unsuited for taking on defenses but useful vs t2 destroyers (although they wouldn't be quite as good as t1 ones as they are slightly less fast) would be a ideal counter to any hover / pelicans as well as having a good speed and radar
t2 'messenger' ships would be given something like a tomahawk missile wit the range between that of a punisher and a toaster, with a small AoE (sufficent enough that it hits radar dots though) great for taking out porcers but ineffective against moving targets (as rocket doesn't home)
would be like R / P / S and would really work IMO (hate AA's water balance atm)

WHOS WITH ME???
(no i don't expect replies, or at least postive ones)

Return to “Game Releases”