Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released - Page 59

Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

then try to beat it at 60+ handicap. You'll be committed to the hospital when you're done because your brain has a bad habit of unraveling itself.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

woh who said cannon mechs are broken? a cannon mech will beat a GD cannon tank of the same level in 1v1 if they have no radar targetting (the GD tank only gets off one volly before URC in range). Urals get beats by l3 cannon mechs unless 5 guns are targeting it which never seems to happen
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:if anyone can beat Kai (URC) vs yourself as GD with no handicaps on a 1v1 on Silver lake, is a real man.
Theres a lot of men about then! its a no brainer, simply rush it hard and its dead!
(damn i really need to work on it again!)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I've never seen any issue with the Cannon Mechs...
knorke

Post by knorke »

for some reason people take massive advantage of this and ZOOM way the hell out.
Its probally because of the firing ranges.
In most 2D RTS (C&C, Starcraft,..) your main battle units have a range that is like 1/5 to 4/5 of the screen. If you want the same overview in E&E (or other mods) you already have to zoom out quite alot.
I, personally would like to see some other chasises (ie 6wheel for GD, like http://www.uebersetzerportal.de/bilder/ ... panzer.jpg) but of course thats your own choice.

Btw, If you are looking for inspirations for the GD mobile airfield you might take a look at this: http://apollomaniacs.web.infoseek.co.jp ... awlere.htm
(Also links with nice pictures at the bottom)
I think this vehicle would fit nicely with the GD theme.
(If the model is already finished, even better)
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Knorke, GD has already been completely remodeled.. they are done.. URC is what is being worked on now and why there is no release.. currently there are 3 different chassis at lvl 1 for combat units, 5 if you count the scout, and builder.

I can conceive of adding more chassis if I was considering it, and I have been basing non battle tank designs off russian vehicles, and some other stuff..
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Knorke just to let u know the Mobile air repair pad is done. Its a cross between the lvl 3 tanks and... a helicopter pad
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

krogothe wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:if anyone can beat Kai (URC) vs yourself as GD with no handicaps on a 1v1 on Silver lake, is a real man.
Theres a lot of men about then! its a no brainer, simply rush it hard and its dead!
(damn i really need to work on it again!)
I didnt try rushing it.. mostly because after so long of playing ai's that die if you rush, I played by its rules and expanded unto it.

I looked all all the new models OMFG the next version will be all good.
Helix

Post by Helix »

just found a strange bug... if i can't see a stealthed-cloaked mex i can build right on it :\
and a suggestions: what about giving the commander the player's name? just like "URC Mobile Command: Helix" or something like that. i know it's just a detail, but i think it will look good
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

not a bug. It's fixing an exploit that you could see the extraction radius when in f4 mode.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

If you can build on the actual structure, that might be a bug. However, if it is merely the metal patch, then Forboding is correct.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

for anyone who cares.. I have 25 units left to do for URC, and GD is already done, meaning 25 units till new release.. so It will more than likely be next week.. 8)
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Helix wrote:just found a strange bug... if i can't see a stealthed-cloaked mex i can build right on it :\
and a suggestions: what about giving the commander the player's name? just like "URC Mobile Command: Helix" or something like that. i know it's just a detail, but i think it will look good
i thought the only way to get the player name to show up was to give it some tag which completely clears the data on an enemy from the box thingy (like in War Evo). if that is don't, i want to see how much health an enemy com has so i can judge whether or not i should chase it and kill it even if i lose my units...
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Fanger wrote:for anyone who cares.. I have 25 units left to do for URC, and GD is already done, meaning 25 units till new release.. so It will more than likely be next week.. 8)
Woot! You got a changelog handy? Or are the models the only thing youve changed?
Helix

Post by Helix »

neddiedrow wrote:If you can build on the actual structure, that might be a bug. However, if it is merely the metal patch, then Forboding is correct.
that is the problem. (and about the player name, didn't knot that would hide the unit's health)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I think player name and hiding the info are two different tags.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

it'd be cool to have player name. atm the command mobile dosnt really feel like the players avatar.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Thats because the command mech is not the players avatar.. your not in/or on the battlefield, you are in a command and control center of some kind off the map in some fashion. The command unit is simply a allpurpose constructor unit that can be sent in first due to its higher armor and initial resource storage/generation..
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

In that case, how about flagging all important structures as commander so com ends game would be the equivalent of "we don't want to hunt down every last mex"? Or does that mess with the ressource storage?
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

no idea, but that is interesting..

Return to “Game Releases”