Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Long term.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Fanger wrote:dawn of war is based off of a table top game, which has been in production since the early 1980s or more and thus has had vastly longer amounts of time to add in and balance and differentiate 7+ different sides...

it does not count..
Ah, But the belence is so heavily changed from table top to the actual game itself.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Not massively, and still they had alot of the core concepts down pat, such as artwork, unit lists, and a rough idea of balance...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Actually, Dawn of War has much better balance than the current version of the table top, but that is beside the point...

So, you're busy on the recreation of units now for E&E, and then you will make NI. What do you anticipate for E&E after the break you should in all seriousness take after those changes?
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

When everything is remodeled, and NI is in and fully balanced, I will take a bit of a break (mostly consisting of playing EE) the next step will to be make the game fully OTA content free thus allowing the devs to use it as the default mod if they would like being that it will be GPL ish.. once EE is completely ota content free I will possibly start foraying into s3oing the models.. and maintaining balance (this will occur throughout the whole process..)..
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

3soing is confusing, hard, and annoying. I tried it with even simply textures and failed miserably.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Alright, that is good. I was hoping I could get into some games with all the usual suspects on a regular basis again sometime.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

RL has me bound and gagged atm :-(
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Fanger wrote:When everything is remodeled, and NI is in and fully balanced, I will take a bit of a break (mostly consisting of playing EE) the next step will to be make the game fully OTA content free thus allowing the devs to use it as the default mod if they would like being that it will be GPL ish.. once EE is completely ota content free I will possibly start foraying into s3oing the models.. and maintaining balance (this will occur throughout the whole process..)..
EE is the defualt mod would be awesome. Keep up the good work.
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Where did you get the sounds for EE? Were they custom made, or from a website?

I need some sounds for Lego Spring...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I am quite confident that the next release of EE will outdo any and or all mods (hopefully) in terms of professional.

Now if only that damn gui were finished...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I agree with Forb. Just LOOK AT THE MODLES!

In sheer graphical quality (and consistancy, witch is also important) as well as gameplay.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

The sounds and buildpics are being completely overhauled as well (See: Made better, improved).
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

The build pics too?

I thought they were already pretty close to perfect...

oh wait...new models mean new build pics...duh.
_YAN_

new balance for ee

Post by _YAN_ »

ok fang
EE is refreshing after playing AA for 1 reason,all sides are different.
i think if u make em totaly different so that even the whole gameplay is changed for each side it would be much cooler..
Im talking about differences u see in emmm... well Earth2160.. all sides are very very different..
so u have like 1 side that has a certain capability and the others dont have it..
so what u need in my opinion.. is the following:
GD:
lvl 1:basic units.. like what u have now.. only without art.. and slower but have a bit bigger range than
urc..(gd tactics...head on attacks..pushing with range and hevy armor..)
gd lvl 1 def buildings:are turrets that shoot at a very fast rates
to compinsate for the slow tanks barrel movement...and the speed of urc units.. but have almost no shooting capabilities at
situations involving different hights..
urc:
lvl 1:basic units.. but cheaper and faster...(urc tactics.. hit and run and flank..maybe make gd tank barrels spin slower
and in a head to head combat where metal value of units on each side is the same gd must be able to outdo in a big way the urc forces
)
urc lvl 1 def structures:none.. urc mexes become very very cheap to the extent where urc builders can build em again and again
after gd piliges..
(what we get is.. gd expends much slower.. but in head to head rules unless flanked..

GD:
lvl2:tanks are much much heavier and slower needing assistance.. for smaller units.. cause they can be outflanked but gd recieve artillary..
a vary capable 1 able to effectivly bring down targets that are on hills montains.....
urc:
lvl 2:are much weaker than lvl2 gd but again are very fast moving... comparing to lvl 2 tanks..
urc recieve minlayeing capabilites..but effective ones.. allowing them to build mine fields
making serious problems for gd tanks to move..
about the planes.. at lvl 2 and lvl 3 special builders of gd are able to build turret like unable
to move bots wich can be transported ..there will be a need in them cause they will be anti air
and fast shooting.. they will be traned with helis..
gd will have no anti air capabilities except the turrets.. and will only have tran builders that
will allow to build on hills but will have trouble with urc fighters and air capabilites.
urcs air must balance the unbalance that is to be created in the land wars..between the 2..
urc planes will have full capabilites.. exept for tran ...and scouting..
lvl 3: gd have no lvl 3 land units.. they have only lvl 3 planes.. at which huge unmoving turetts
that will be units of course to allow transportation..they will be traned and will be
unable to move..but will be extremly heavy..other smaller turrets will make the anti air force..
urc:reciev lvl 3 land than can deal with lvl 2 gd tanks although still slightly disadvataged..
those units will be bly to cloack..and pass gd defences...
basicly what u get is urc hit and run and air raids.. while gd are frontals but have terrible
movement problems..
and require air to tran..
these ideas are of course very raw and need to be worked on..
but i think they area good basis to make all lvls and sides completly different..
i neglected the ni cause they are not yet availabl..
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Forboding Angel wrote:I am quite confident that the next release of EE will outdo any and or all mods (hopefully) in terms of professional.

Now if only that damn gui were finished...
Fucking Uber.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

yan, No Comment.
_YAN_

same

Post by _YAN_ »

if the lvl static bots are too much.. instead u can just have lvl air builders
buidl very heavy turrets that will have strong disadvantages against air..
_YAN_

Post by _YAN_ »

i also think there is a problem with interaction between buildings and units.. like u have the laser tank.. which is better against buildings..
problem is that u dont know what kind of tanks and def structers the enemy has doesnt have and/or is building..
which means it is always safer to use the reg/missile tanks..
i think except laser tanks all other units should have a harder time
shooting down vuildings..
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

I don't know what you call it, but we call it scouting.

Return to “Game Releases”