Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released - Page 57

Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

My experience with Ion Tanks is that they are a really, really good supplimental unit.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Actually waht I meant is that all units will auto target the ion tanks first because they are more expensive.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I despise Ion tanks...mostly cause I'm the one they are being used on. And they are very annoying when being used against you.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

A few ion tanks in each tank division sure helps. Mixed units=win.
Day

Post by Day »

ive never ever seen good use of ion tanks against me or some of my allies
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

your point..

are they too weak in your opinion..

are they pointless utterly and could never be made useful..?

what is your thought on the matter...
ive never ever seen good use of ion tanks against me or some of my allies
that tells me nothing..
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I've notced that ion tanks are the best 'leveler' unit. That is they 'level' the playing feild, mostly by incapaciting a lode of uints, so you're force can do neat things.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Zoombie wrote:I've notced that ion tanks are the best 'leveler' unit. That is they 'level' the playing feild, mostly by incapaciting a lode of uints, so you're force can do savage and brutal things.
fixed that sentence for you :twisted:
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Precisely agree with what zoombie says, they alow a numericly inferior ofrce to defeat a numericly supeirior one.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

IMO ion tanks are about as perfect as they need to be. They simply outline the need to flank.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

And I've noticed Air SUPPORT is useful against Ion tanks, cause they can't hit air.

But some people missunderstand air SUPPORT in this mod. They try to brawler rush with ground attack helo's. And then they run into some flack and are blown to smithereens. You can't win with just support...but it is much easier with support. Support like ION TANKS!

/ramble
Shadowsage

Post by Shadowsage »

Zoombie wrote:And I've noticed Air SUPPORT is useful against Ion tanks, cause they can't hit air.

But some people missunderstand air SUPPORT in this mod. They try to brawler rush with ground attack helo's. And then they run into some flack and are blown to smithereens. You can't win with just support...but it is much easier with support. Support like ION TANKS!

/ramble
thank you!
zoombie makes a very good point when he says this, 2 level 2 GD AAA tanks can take out a horde gunship type planes. This isnt Absolute Annihilation, people! you need strategy and wits to win here!

oh and i completely agree with ion tanks. Station a few with your turret line and consider it okay until arty rolls out.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Ion tanks are fine fanger..
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:Ion tanks are fine fanger..
I agree.

Now for something completely different. We are a bunch of friends who play EE regularly. We are not extremely good and would probably be called noobs by some of you guys. But I├óÔé¼Ôäóve noticed two things in our games.

1) No one ever uses the helicopters.

2) In 1on1 URC tends to win a few more games than GD. Of course the skill of the player matters more than the team but it seems URCs faster expansion speed wins many games.

Is this true in your games?
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

1) If your not using helos your missing a HUGE part of GD's mobility. Plus.. umm... lvl 3 airsdrops with the uber lvl 3 tranpors of dewm?

2) use transport helos. =P
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

^What hunter said...

Transport helos are very important for GD.
GD is also the harder of the two sides to play, so that may have a slight influence, with GD you have to keep thinking that your opponent will always be 1 step ahead of you, URC will always be able to see your movements while you cannot se theirs, and NI (will be) just plain faster. You have to think ahead and plan accordingly, transport helos can be very usefull in increasing your drasticly limited mobility...
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

Thanks. I will try to adopt this for sure.
Day

Post by Day »

"This isnt Absolute Annihilation, people! you need strategy and wits to win here! "

and this is the E&E thread!
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

^
What?
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I think day is being sarcastic.. but im not sure why..

Return to “Game Releases”