Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released - Page 56

Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Air:

URC/GD lvl 1-3 Air will have fuel applied to them from the new version of spring. With this set up the aircraft will be divided into 4 groups of aircraft..
-Close Support: these are all the ground attack aircraft the ones wielding rockets, they will have very limited fuel and will use a decent percentage of that fuel to fire weapons, they will most likely vary from a 10-30 second battlefield capacity without firing and from level 1-3..
-Interceptor: these are all the air attack aircraft and interceptor aircraft they will have a large amount of fuel and will use little fuel to fire weapons allowing them to patrol for quite a while and intercept enemy aircraft
-Bombers: these are all bomber aircraft they will have a very large amount of fuel, allowing them to pentrate deep inte enemy territory, however they will use up all said fuel with one strike forcing them to reload after a single attack
-Non Combat: these are radar aircraft and transports, they will have a decent amount of fuel and as having no weapons will not need to worry about this at all, they may infact not even be subject to fuel allowing unlimited operation..

The air units power will be adjust to fit in with the fuel and their defined roles
READ PEOPLE FLOURING READ!!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I never doubted you, fang. Also I read the damn readme.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Forboding Angel wrote:Egar, special damage instructions are to be avoided at all costs when possible.
Except that weapons already have special damage values against different tiers of units. They generally do more damage to L1 and less to higher levels.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Egarwaen wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:Egar, special damage instructions are to be avoided at all costs when possible.
Except that weapons already have special damage values against different tiers of units. They generally do more damage to L1 and less to higher levels.
However... Those are constants, not arbitrary. For example the AK vs Exploiter, or for example, the flash/peewee vs Moho Exploiter. Any of this a'ringin a bell?
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Egarwaen wrote:
Right but you are suggesting is something along the lines of the way bombers and anti-bomber turrets interact. And i think that Caydr getting rid of them is a sign to avoid em if possible.

and which weapons are u talking about in that post?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Forboding Angel wrote:orbeau, was doing that last night, and losing. I told him to stop with the laser tanks and bombards and concentrate on cannon/rocket combos. All of a sudden he started pwning... Gee I wonder why.
Maybe because I put together a group of lvl 2 arty and hammered each area before attacking it. Though under the circumstances the cannon and rocket tanks were preferable to laser tanks.

Wound up losing anyway though, due to not having a clue about fighting beyond initial L2 combat. Most games are over so quickly...

And I'm totally in favor of limited fuel for aircraft. Having scouts take out every mex in my backlines was annoying. Stealth bots are fine and balanced raiders, but AA simply can't chase aircraft (yeah, interceptors, hush!). This change would make aircraft more of a precision weapon than just a bunch of uber-mobile units. And that's totally fine with me. :lol:
MrSpontaneous

Post by MrSpontaneous »

I remember that game, scouts of doom :P. Its always nice to add more realism to games, even if just to make it more unreal ;). Limited fuel for air craft makes for more logistics considerations, which adds to the importance of well constructed manuevers, as it should be.

And in regard to interceptors, I recall yours ran into mine while chasing some of those scouts 1 or 2 times, with rather unfortunate (for the chasing units) results.

You probably could have done as much (most likly more) damage to me if you just attacked with that mass of units at the end. That was the main reason I kept attacking your mexs, I could not compete with the up front tanks.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I didn't think (and still don't, though I haven't had a chance to see the replay) that I could take on your crater turrets successfully. Grist for the mill.

Oh well, I really needed to scout better. And I had no idea that the GD scout tank could cloak! :oops:
MrSpontaneous

Post by MrSpontaneous »

Um. . .gd scout tanks can't cloak (we are talking about the same lvl 1 tank right? wussy mini gun? builds cameras and stealth radar?)

Besides, you could have ignored the creators turrets and wnt for the heart of my base and left some artillary there just to bomb the $@*& out of em :P. would not have done my turrets much good when the rest of the base is in shambles

edited for spelling and grammer
Last edited by MrSpontaneous on 19 Sep 2006, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

corbeau, it can't cloak. But the thing is, it has massive los, the fact that it's stealth m eans that it won't be shot unless seen, 1 tank near the crater would have provided enough los for any arty to bombard that crater.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I dont use Rocket and laser exclusively as such.. I tend to build a cannon, a rocket and a laser and loop that build order. I use L1 for mass cannons and light artillery. (l1 lasers die to easy) the problem with GD isnt the battle itself.. ive seen a line of GD WTFPWN, but I have trouble choosing the site of battle.
Lasers don't die too easy, at any level they are the most heavily armoured units in the game, if they're dieing easily it's becasue they dont have sufficent support, despite their large armour I find they are most often usefull in airdrops into the heart of the enemy base.

I find if you're new a mix of 2 battle tanks to 1 missile tank retains reasonable effectiveness while still being quite easy to manage. But if you want to do well you need to be able to change what you're building to counter your enemy best.
l2 laser.. is that actually 4x the damage of l1, or just four lasers?
IIRC it's around 3x the damage of an l1 truck, I dont have the numbers in-front of me though
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Just wanted to say that I love-love-love the hub concept. In TA-type games there's always the frustrating split of "which tech tree are you climbing". Factories are a huge investment, and yet having diverse gameplay is so much fun. Plus, being able to have multiple factories at teh same level makes administration easier. You can have one airlab producing interceptors for a preset patrol on Group 1, and another airfac building your offensive force into group 2 without paying the full prices of 2 airfacs just for the management advantage.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Okay, confused "stealth" with "cloak" for a minute there.

Oh, and the reason I didn't go after the "main base" was that I'd have to walk through a narrow valley between turret-lined craters. Not optimal, though maybe I shoulda done it anyway.

Though after you killed my first assault group (the one that almost won it), I didn't feel I had enough strength to get through turrets even on level ground...

I may have been totally wrong. The fact that I lost supports that statement.
MrSpontaneous

Post by MrSpontaneous »

I guess my surviving the first assult acted like a psycological weapon ^_^
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Nah.

Killing all my troops did. :wink:
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

wow, GD: The clever use of the light transport helicopter completely negates the need to use their wheels at all. a repeat order taking them to the front then several ctrl groups of them to move groups about resulted in a game where the GD units saw battle coherantly. unfortunatly, my micro was poor and I lost track of my eco which resulted in an ungodly sized wave of l1 walkers punched straight through my line, but still... HELICOPTERS WHEEEEEE!
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I used GD air extensively last night in a 2v2 (two GD players vs two URC players). Damn, that was fun. Worked well, too. We actually had the raiding advantage almost from start to finish.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:wow, GD: The clever use of the light transport helicopter completely negates the need to use their wheels at all. a repeat order taking them to the front then several ctrl groups of them to move groups about resulted in a game where the GD units saw battle coherantly. unfortunatly, my micro was poor and I lost track of my eco which resulted in an ungodly sized wave of l1 walkers punched straight through my line, but still... HELICOPTERS WHEEEEEE!
Precisely, proper use of transport helicopters bolsters GD power significantly. It's best to keep 4 or so in reserve though, so you can drop units ahead of said wave of l1 URC units.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Is it worth using higher tech Ion tanks? l1's seem pretty effective as it is. 5-6 in a line will paralyse and entire horde or URC if they are in a bunch ^^ Ion tanks combined with laser tanks.. now THATS a plan.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:Is it worth using higher tech Ion tanks? l1's seem pretty effective as it is. 5-6 in a line will paralyse and entire horde or URC if they are in a bunch ^^ Ion tanks combined with laser tanks.. now THATS a plan.
Careful with tyhe ion tanks... they get targeted first.

Return to “Game Releases”