Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released - Page 47

Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Andreask

Post by Andreask »

Ahhhhh, very nice.

Most awesome base models of any mod so far.

edit: and what would be better than a new page to call out for more springers to play this mod.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

holey monkey jumpers batman thats amazing :shock:
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Forboding Angel wrote:
Snipawolf wrote:Duuuhuuuhuhde....

VERY BADASS!

Lathan and FA made that I suppose? XD
Was originally supposed to be the both of us, and I was the one that requested those features, but what you see there is all lathan. Pretty bad ass huh?
Well, uhhm, my first post kinda hinted at it being badass :P
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Im not much of an ee player... but credit where its due.. GOOD GAWD DAYYYME! if that aint the lovliest snowy thing Ive seen in spring then Im a bearded gnome!

can i make a small request though?
some decals along those pipes? something along the lines of "BigSteve rulez" or "Bigsteve is such a hottie" perhaps?

^^
Last edited by BigSteve on 09 Sep 2006, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Ask lathan, he wuz tha one who made it.. lol

Edit: As far as the map is concerned :P
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I just would like to note that only 26 units remain to be remodeled for GD.. this is out of a total of ~ 110
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

Fanger wrote:I just would like to note that only 26 units remain to be remodeled for GD.. this is out of a total of ~ 110
bloody hell you're a machine! :lol:
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Well.. remodelling isn't hard.. Scripting to me seems to eat time away however..
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Scripting isn't that problematic, especially when most units share their chassis or are simply tanks but texturing can take quite a while. I suppose that step's skipped when you're using 3dos.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

^Yeah, UV's and textures are probably the most time consuming steps of modeling...

EDIT: I must be quite out of it then
Last edited by FireCrack on 10 Sep 2006, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Read twice then post read twice then post read twice then post read twice then post
McLoud

Some toughts

Post by McLoud »

I have been playing this mod for 2 weeks in a row. Some things I would like to say about it

1) It is awesome! The style and the way each side plays is impressive :shock:
2) Ppl complaining about the way the defenses work should just shut up. They work right away they should considering the different levels (Light can stand light units, medium can stand medium and so on, as long as it isnt a single turrent against an army). The different choices of weaponry allows very clever strategies (try playing with the laser bankers so they stand half visible from a montain and put some rockets/artillery full visible but behind the starting line of sight). Pity I still didnt made AA build a single medium defense on his own :(
3) I think the level 1 aircrafts, specially GD choppers need some work, as it is now, they are (almost) useless
4) I think it would be interesting in seeing some kind of armed mex for level 3. Dont need to get that much more metal then advanced, but being armed would be cool and present a choice for metal when the level 1/2 arent right available
5) Cant wait for the NI be complete. Just looked at it and looks awesome. Keep up the good work.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I like the idea of a even more heavily armed mex for the GD...but I'm not sure how one can escalate a cloaked mex...unless its like a gap generator and makes everything around it invisable...

now that would be cool.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I personally don't think an L3 extraction structure is necessary, but then again, if it were balanced to a new role it might be interesting.

Air units of all levels are support... and the helicopters of GD don't seem any worse one for one than the VTOLs of URC...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

GD- L3 mex that has more gunzz would be awesome.

URC- a l3 mex that has cloaking (free), and the ability to fast self repair (so when a battle happens around it (its undetected) it can can steadily resist damage) and maybe a radar and the ability to build l1 scout spiders

NI- a l3 mex that can hover straight up to a great altitude when enemies come with a comical sound effect, (so when its on the "on" state) but it costs lotsa energy to keep there. while up there it can build aircraft!?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:GD- L3 mex that has more gunzz would be awesome.
Meh.
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:URC- a l3 mex that has cloaking (free), and the ability to fast self repair (so when a battle happens around it (its undetected) it can can steadily resist damage) and maybe a radar and the ability to build l1 scout spiders
Chances are you're not going to be able to construct a level3 building in a place where regular battle happens.
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:NI- a l3 mex that can hover straight up to a great altitude when enemies come with a comical sound effect, (so when its on the "on" state) but it costs lotsa energy to keep there. while up there it can build aircraft!?
No.
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

It's the mod me and my friends play the most. We just love it. Sure OTA was lovely but it's mods like EE that push the community forwards.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

OOmiz wrote:It's the mod me and my friends play the most. We just love it. Sure OTA was lovely but it's mods like EE that push the community forwards.
Win.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:URC- a l3 mex that has cloaking (free), and the ability to fast self repair (so when a battle happens around it (its undetected) it can can steadily resist damage) and maybe a radar and the ability to build l1 scout spiders

NI- a l3 mex that can hover straight up to a great altitude when enemies come with a comical sound effect, (so when its on the "on" state) but it costs lotsa energy to keep there. while up there it can build aircraft!?
Unfortunatley, buildings can either Build or Extract they cannot do both. Some weird coding prevents a building from having both the extraction tag and builder tag (at least i think thats it..) :? . We were gonna have the NI lvl 1 unique mex build light mines/turrets but we discoved that it won't work :cry: Honestly i don't see the need for a LVL 3 mex since most of the games i play in or witness get decided by lvl 2 mixed with a tiny amount of lvl 3.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Maybe NI lvl 2 mines should be sheild generators.

Return to “Game Releases”