Bota 1.3 released - Page 2

Bota 1.3 released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Thor wrote:Thanks for the replies.

It helps a lot to get line of sight on towers so your units can actually hit them. A single sharp shooter should be able to take one out without ever going in range. Vertical rocket launchers and artillery are also good against them.

If you want to do a head on attack zeuses and mavericks aren't exactly your best choices. Mav's are really powerful units if they can get in range, but they've got low hitpoints so HLT's tend to chew them up before they can get line of sight. Zeuses have more hitpoints, but they're slow and short range. Fidos are much better for attacking. They've got hitpoints and speed, and they can outrange towers if you have radar coverage. Their weakness is their lack of firepower, which isn't much of a problem when dealing with towers, but will screw you if they're defending with an army.
See? there's a rhyme and reason to his balance. You just have to avoid the traditional Brute Force "human wave" approach to combat
mecha

Post by mecha »

I've played a fair few games on this (in SP only though). One note, pyros and a few other units die very quickly vs those level 1 rocket trucks (can't remember the name), perhaps the armor.txt file needs an update.

Also it seems some units have had vast increases in range while others have been left behind. ie level 1 tanks for arm don't appear to have been touched.

Otherwise definitely a cool mod... Mortys actually have decent range! 8) just needs a bit more work.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Bumpity Bump!

Btw, Its now hosted on Unknown-Files, and ppl are finally starting to notice it. So please, everyone give this mod a chance and play it!

http://www.unknown-files.net/index.php? ... &dlid=1707
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Bota is quite a kick ass mod. I really like it, makes me feel like I'm playing OTA again.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

It's cool alone for the added guns on the planes :)
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

I just played a game of BOTA, and goddamn! It kicks ass!
the gameplay is... fluid..
I can now see what you mean FA.
roxrz. 5/5
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

The only thing that screws me up is the fact that rocko's and storms are super damage, whereas thuds are moderate. Thuds are obviously meant to be in the back and storms being the main battle unit.

That messed me up a little bit ;p
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Aye, but the thuds have teh mad range :)
This is win, dont AA-ize this

Return to “Game Releases”