Expand & Exterminate .155 Released! - Page 33

Expand & Exterminate .155 Released!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Forboding Angel wrote:
Corbeu, you wern't pushing at all. Every time I started to make some headway, andresk and mello would push towards smoth which would make both me and smoth back. It's your own fault you were getting shelled. You stopped advancing and were just content with defending, and that cause me and smoth to lose the game. He was having to cover your and your allies ass as well as try to help me advance.

Thanks to that little gem, I ended up getting royally screwed because smoth couldn't really help me fight off 2 opponents when he was having to fight the other 2 because you guys wouldn't.

Don't blame the mod for your own shortcomings.
I beg to differ. I'm not very good at EE, hell - I only started playing a couple days ago, but I understand that to fall on the defensive alone is to die. The problem was that I could not field an attack force that wouldn't get mulched as soon as I moved beyond the range of the few turrets that I had. And I couldn't expand my econ any further for the same reason, so I did my best to survive and hope you guys could break through your end of the map (obviously not the case).

I'm not blaming the mod for my losing, either. I was outplayed from the start in that game, and my ally on that side of the map did roughly zero to help in the first few minutes of combat.

The issue that comes up is that even with all these drawbacks, I was still able to get a real attack after I spammed artillery. It might have been a mistake to not keep going after I took out a mid tank factory, but I didn't have any screen remaining and was on metal-stall (I had only 2-3 light tanks for a screen in the first place, but it makes a difference).
smoth

Post by smoth »

I'll have to look at your econ later to get a better look at what you were doing wrong.

2 prong attacks work REALLY well. Next time try some missile tanks and battle tanks as your forward along with some artillery as support. I find that if you are to get some head way offesively you need to make 2 part attacks.

For example:
battle tanks on one side and missile tanks on the other. The missile tanks will give area damage and the battle tanks will deal finishing blows. I do not build the lvl1 laser tanks because they are blocked by wreckage more often then not.

Also IIRC you had many turrets. I only build them when I have too much metal. Another thing is pushing with your units and having scouts to reclaim(I was also guilty of not utilizing the scouts). Wall in your turrets also, this will increase their survival rates. That also is applicable to your mines.

another thing is unless you have alot of con bots do not build assist. the cons are better used on salavage. I will take a probing look at your replay later. Perhaps if forbiding would be so kind he could.

It also did not help that omni was teching the whole damn game instead of fighting. we were not fussing at you as much as were at omni. However, I wanted to make clear to you that the artillery is not overpowered. It was simply that you attacked wrong.

Watch the replays that krogothe and I posted. you will learn a lot. They are there for you guys to learn from.

-Smoth
smoth

Post by smoth »

Andreask wrote:Yeah yeah, i was in that game too.

All it proved was that:

Scouts are OP
Arty rules
Lvl1 MBT spam rules
Tech 2 is too slow
Smoth was on the wrong team to win
I gave you guys a hell of a run though :). I always fight to the last and I am sure you guys were laughing at the com dodging the bombs.:)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

IIRC I was building the turrets so that my command unit could provide some combat support that way early. I probably went overboard though.

I also did not know that scouts could reclaim wreckage. That's a really useful trick.
smoth

Post by smoth »

hell yeah man. I keep forgetting to use it. Also, I never build command vehicles. I saw you had some. However, watch the demo.. if you wall in a radar tower it does well ;). Also, cameras, cameras, cameras.

If you build them on the hills they give great sight and the mines are neat. Be sure to have E to support them. Also, artillery turrets will decoy well. I have not seen a single time where people do not go right after decoy turrets. Must be that either the turrets piss them off or they think it is units... although some times it is my units :).

I hope after finals are over we can get some good games together. I think once you get the hang of it you will be good at EE. Give it time you will get better.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Where are the demos you're talking about? I think I recall them, and I'm fairly sure that I watched at least one, but I can't find the right page anymore.

I just watched the replay from the game we've been discussing. I still stand by what I've said so far, both about my gameplay and about artillery. That said, I'd go with just an artillery movement speed decrease rather than doing anything really radical.
smoth

Post by smoth »

the links should be in this thread. sorry I have to get some homework done.

also, bear in mind that AOE weapons have a psychological impact on people. Even if the damage is low... people always hate seeing explosions around their units.

Sun Tzu said that the art of war is deception :).
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

smoth wrote:Sun Tzu said that the art of war is deception :).
I wondered why you picked that avatar... :P
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

HA!

smoth, if you had a penny every time someone mentioned your avatar...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Then I'd be broke.

And I'd rather kiss a pig then look at Smoths avatar.

Doh!
smoth

Post by smoth »

Corbeau wrote:
smoth wrote:Sun Tzu said that the art of war is deception :).
I wondered why you picked that avatar... :P
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/pen ... CN0516.gif
http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/attachm ... 5666&stc=1
these two don't exactly make me look like a fun loving psycho that I am.

EYE OF Gordon Moore GIVE ME CODE BEYOND OP CODE!
Ok damnit.... computer architechure HOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Flint

Post by Flint »

Just wanted to welcome Chapparal to the [EE] team, he did great in his 1 on 1 duel with Forboding Angel tonight.

Welcome chap to [EE] :!:
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Wow...in that second picture you look compleatly whached out on something or other.

Mabey your high on life.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

ok Fang some things I've noticed...

Since the new version of spring and your new version of ee...

The plasma units have WAY to much trouble killing fast tanks. My plasma unit missed 15 shots at a scout tonight. Not good.

The plasma bots are now only doing 53 damage as opposed to the 60 it is (I believe) supposed to be.

Missle bots are much more effective than plasma.

URC is at quite a bit of a disadvantage now, and I really think it should be addressed.

The air interceptors for URC lose vs scouts because they only hit 1 in about 4 shots.

All things plasma seem to be borked, and honestly I'm a little upset by it.

meh, too tired to go into more detail, however, increasing the range of rocket units was not needed imo.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Can someone please tell me why does the Ghost Crab (Med ECM Stealth Mech) Has a bigger detection radius then the stealth attach mechs?

And as FA said, missle spam is effective right now because Plasma can barely hit...
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I recall wondering why the (plasma armed) URC interceptors were supposed to actually shoot anything down, considering their innacuracy. Seems like an odd weapon for an interceptor if it can't hit speedy targets.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Can someone please tell me why does the Ghost Crab (Med ECM Stealth Mech) Has a bigger detection radius then the stealth attach mechs?

And as FA said, missle spam is effective right now because Plasma can barely hit...
ROFLMAO
to balance it maybe? a cloakable radar jammer with low cloak radius might be a _bit_ overpowered
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Min3mat wrote:

ROFLMAO
to balance it maybe? a cloakable radar jammer with low cloak radius might be a _bit_ overpowered
AWW be nice. I doubt he realized it's capablities without taking a closer look at it. I am horribly unfamiliar with urc units. I'mma try to get a unit guide up via modweb generator, but like I said before.... No instructions on how to use it :-(
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

if u can kill the ghost crab then the attack units will show up on radar (thats right they don't have stealth, only cloak!!) allowing u to hunt em down.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Actually all cloaked units have stealth.. however you can use the jammer to hide regular units from your enemy.. and regular units have more hitpoints than stealth units...

Also amphibious units are already armed with the same weapons as their land counterparts..

Return to “Game Releases”