Expand & Exterminate .155 Released! - Page 14

Expand & Exterminate .155 Released!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Min3mat wrote:
lvl2 GD tanks are too freaking slow to run away from those things.
and the miniguns still own the flame mechs? yes!
zoombie, no offense but play the mod before you make judgements. I think that adding a further side will screw the balance up so much -.-
Also, even though you have played the mod a few times, you do not have enough experience to be talking about the balance. No offense intended.

After you started watching 24 I wen't so far as to show krogothe how urc works. I believe he was quite pleasently supriesd. You should have the replay in your list as you were idled throughout the game.

GD and URC play completely different. GD tanks do not PWN all, as much as you would like to think so.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Look peoples... NI goes in.. 3 sides was planned from the beginning and whether you think that will screw the balance up or not its going in..

that and I cut my thumb over the weekend so dont start with me..
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Its also your mod.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Min3mat wrote:IMHO, if Fang adds a 3rd side (this NI) i think i will kill him!
Fang will not say what needs to be said as such words are below his majesty ;)....as fangs bodyguard I will tell you this... it is his mod so shut it or you will be relocated for national...er mod security.
Leaderz0rz

Post by Leaderz0rz »

its just a mod...true balance won't be found till every gets to play it for a month or so. Its hard to say whats balanced and whats not when its limited to a select few of people with certain play styles.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Leaderz0rz wrote:its just a mod...true balance won't be found till every gets to play it for a month or so. Its hard to say whats balanced and whats not when its limited to a select few of people with certain play styles.

there is a lot of truth in this statement
Flare

Post by Flare »

I've not played it but 3 sides means a lot more variety and i really don't see how it could be bad in any way.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I see why: It deviates from the usual XTA/AA platform
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

AF wrote:I see why: It deviates from the usual XTA/AA platform
:D assuming you are being sarcastic... Rofl :D
Flint

Post by Flint »

Expand & Exterminate

2022: January 6th "Black Friday" ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ After years of down turns in the international economy as a result of the sky rocketing oil prices, increasing rarity of resources and consistent natural disasters the worst possible scenario transpired on January 6th . The polar ice caps exhausted through Global Warming and the following global market collapses cast the modern world into chaos and uncertainty. Subsequently, nations ravaged by the floods faced enormous economic meltdown and were systematically being acquired (through either force or alliance ) by the stronger countries that began to emerge as super states. These super states, or "factions," came to consist of three major governments that in total controlled most of the Earth's entire land mass and oceans.

In the Eastern Hemisphere, China forcefully acquired Russia and subsequently all of Russia's former satellite nations. Following the acquisition of Russia the Chinese easily coerced the southeast Asian nations into its control through fear and intimidation. After engulfing the surrounding Asian countries China attempted to acquire the relatively strong nations of Japan, India and South Korea by offering clemency if they would turn over control of their governments. South Korea and Japan refused and allied with one another against the Chinese aggression. The Chinese responded to this defiance by declaring total war against both nations and within days completely irradiated the economy and populace of both countries. China remained unchecked by the other powers in the opposite hemisphere as they were embroidered in their own diplomatic and social turmoil. India and Australia, previously neutral to China immediately surrendered in fearful response to the eradication of Korea and Japan. Thus the new empire was born. The "Global Dynasty" had now become the most powerful super state in the world and commanded the strongest army in existence.

Across the globe in the western hemisphere the United States reformed its government in the central mid west after losing its coastal cities and infrastructure. This new, more totalitarian government was created with the promise that after the reconstruction of the national economy the government would return power back to the people through a true democracy. However this promise was never fulfilled and instead the American leaders sought tighter control and rapid militarization to ├óÔé¼┼ôdefend against the Global Dynasty threat├óÔé¼┬Ø. A massive campaign was enacted to convince the allied nations of South America to relinquish control to America in order for their protection. Nations that refused faced immediate military occupation. Within six years through either passive diplomacy or total war America had finally taken control of the entire Western hemisphere. The new expanded territory of the United States led to a consequential renaming under the label the ├óÔé¼┼ôUnited Robot Confederation├óÔé¼┬Ø or URC. The peculiar name was the brainchild of the American engineer Herman Robinson who with deep government funding successfully created robust pilot able mech-machines and crawlers capable of military use.

As rapid social and political upheaval was taking place in the western and eastern hemisphere so had rampant changes altered Europe forever. After the floods nearly collapsed the European economy the circumstances were only made worse by the surge of refugees from from Russia and other eastern countries under the Global Dynasty's occupation. 2024 ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ In order to stabilize their economies and protect from GD expansion the European nations agreed to conglomerate power into a newly formed European union now called the ├óÔé¼┼ôNew Initiative├óÔé¼┬Ø or NI. The first action of the newly formed NI government was to close all of Europe's borders to refugees and begin a national program to construct a modern military and infrastructure. In comparison to the GD and URC factions the NI excersie a much more democratic government and its citizens were given a wider range of individual rights. However armed service was mandatory at age 16 for all citizens and the NI political process was tightly controlled by the few elected leaders within the parliament.

2030- International diplomatic relations and trade were almost non-existent. The three super powers relied solely on their own expansive land masses for their resources. However more resources were needed and even with new solutions to fuel costs the factions began to hunger for new land resources. This greed would come to be the arbiter of wars to come.
First story concept - > http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/EEstoryline
Last edited by Flint on 25 Apr 2006, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Neat. I'm willing to offer my help. After all if i can do anything its write crazy ass story lines and try to make it entertaning.

Hell I might even sucseed :roll:.

But, on a more serious note, dose this mean that the mods is almost out? Pleasepleaseplease say yes.
Flint

Post by Flint »

Zoombie wrote:Neat. I'm willing to offer my help. After all if i can do anything its write crazy ass story lines and try to make it entertaning.

Hell I might even sucseed :roll:.

But, on a more serious note, dose this mean that the mods is almost out? Pleasepleaseplease say yes.
I'm about to finish up my story and I'd like your input.

The mod is nearing public release, as you know it will have two sides and the later version with the third side will be released later so everyone can play now.
Flint

Post by Flint »

EDIT: Added story link to previous post

First story concept - > http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/EEstoryline
Last edited by Flint on 25 Apr 2006, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Flint you ass, put new zealand on that map now!
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

I woot! at URC! Mechs FTW! I know which side I'll play the most (from the safety of Spring SP of course :P )

Edit: *reads the story* :evil: I sense a descidedly pro-Europe bent there.
Cool enough though I suppose. I can hang my allegiance with the Scotts if that is the case.
Still, I don't think Australia would have given in that easily, unless at that point it was clear that the US couldn't or wouldn't help them, or that Australia wouldn't want the help (due to the political shifts), and the same for Great Brittian, at the very least of the European powers likely to assist them.

In a situation of forming massive superpowers, Oceana would be an extremely valuable military asset to the URC, being considering its proximity to what is likely the most dangerous of the other superpowers: the GD. Not to mention the massive increase in controlled territory and thus resources, and at the very least being a likely buffer from GD aggression, as they would take it out before attacking the America's to avoid fighting a war on two fronts. The NI would also benefit from it for the same reasons, just considering how you have their government forming, I'd imagine the Aussies would be more desirous of joining with them if the general governmental directions were apparent at that time.

Basically, just a couple points to think on and maybe clear up.
Last edited by Archangel of Death on 25 Apr 2006, 08:55, edited 3 times in total.
Flint

Post by Flint »

Das Bruce wrote:Flint you ass, put new zealand on that map now!
Sorry pal its under-water now. Not like the international community cared about New Zealand anyways. :idea:
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

So, I like the story... it could use some editing and clarification... but I'm a writer, so you can only expect such an opinion from me.

It's hot. Keep it coming, so we won't be totally lost when we finally get E&E.
Flint

Post by Flint »

neddiedrow wrote:So, I like the story... it could use some editing and clarification... but I'm a writer, so you can only expect such an opinion from me.

It's hot. Keep it coming, so we won't be totally lost when we finally get E&E.
Thanks a lot, I noticed the editing mistakes you were probably talking about and just fixed them.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I read the story and though "Well its a fairly normal, cookie cutter plot to these kinds of games". You know, Disaster XXX happens and thing YYY cause war AAA, and so the world is plunged into ZZZ. That kind of thing. You could liven it up a bit with more details about the different factions. What are their ideologys? Why are their ideologys? How exactly are they running themselve? Dictatorships? Why? How dose their reourse systems work? Is it fudal land states, or cast systems or well, you can probebly thing of something better.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Zoombie wrote:I read the story and though "Well its a fairly normal, cookie cutter plot to these kinds of games". You know, Disaster XXX happens and thing YYY cause war AAA, and so the world is plunged into ZZZ. That kind of thing. You could liven it up a bit with more details about the different factions. What are their ideologys? Why are their ideologys? How exactly are they running themselve? Dictatorships? Why? How dose their reourse systems work? Is it fudal land states, or cast systems or well, you can probebly thing of something better.
Maybe you could help us out here? :wink:

Return to “Game Releases”