--== XTA v6.0 ==-- - Page 2

--== XTA v6.0 ==--

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

I wouldn´t change much if I were you.... I must admit I haven´t been playing an awful lot in the last few weeks, but I haven´t really seen anything I´d say was unbalanced.
To sum it up positively: I think XTA rocks the way it is !!!
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

???
i hope thats some sort of twisted joke...
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

allthough in metal maps, you cant beat the krogoth deathmatch with arm..
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Ok, i think we are going to enter the field of what is XTA and what is not?
The single change i'm more inclined on having is having the scouts reduced, making the game in XTA less vulnerable to rushing. But that is not much what XTA seems to be about. I even remember one cartoon about it.

About changes, refer to this thread:
http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4229

Also, check this replay:
http://fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=2743
Although Dave said he played badly, i don't really think so. He was just unprepared for the zipper fight. I think i never seen so many zippers in one single game.
Ok, i can take much time to explain why the zippers are too powerfull and why they cost has a balance easy to overcome but .. i don't feel like it and just watch the replay. I am pretty sure that there is no counter to that style of play than going zipper rush too.

The thing is, they are very nice units to have. We can quickly scout the enemy, find where they're base is, etc, without waiting forever.

If it was up to me, i would try changing zippers/freakers/Weasels/? to paralisers.
That way, they would not be very damaging as raiders, we would still have a nice fast unit and they could still be used for hamper the oponent growth (by stunning mexes and builders). Also, since they would cost more for they're speed, they would be too expensive to be usefull in combined attacks with the standard slower and cheaper units.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Is it possible to have the players start with a building, as commander, which would, later, be transformed into the standard commander? If it was Game Ends if commander dies, at the time of the switch what would hapen?

My idea is that we would start with a building (actually a non movable hover so it could start in water) which had an Htl in itself, 2~4 Missile launchers, depth charge launcher, big LOS, moderate jamming radius, ressurection capabilities as well as much life. Then, after some 5~10 mins of game, it would transform itself into a comander.

At 5~10 mins of game, the commander could be much more powerfull than it is at the moment without so much concern of comm abuses. Also, in the early game it would ensure that the starting location of the player would be very hard to violate while still allowing raiding to take place in the outside area (trying to choke the player into that starting location).
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

I think thats a real cool idea, but maybe it would need to be another mod, because its a significant departure from TA. Some weird alien capsule crash lands on a planet. With its last energy it sprouts forth a weird fusion of flesh and machine. This becomes a factory which sends out workers to collect strength and energy to get into space again, and sends out warriors to protect itself. But it crashed to the planet after a fight with a member of a race with which its mortal enemies. And the enemy crashed onto the same planet. There will be only one survivor.......
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Maybe it could be the Galactic Gate. The commander would still be in the transportation process to invade this new planet when the game starts, explaining why we start with no units and why the commander is still some minutes away.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

please keep on topic
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Code: Select all

V5

- Reduced cost of AK/Peewee 5% 
- Increased damage/range of BB/Intimidator 5% 
- Reduced range of annihilator 5% 
- Reduced damage from annihilator to commanders 60% (commanders should now survive one hit at medium-long distance) 
- Increased damage from nukes 30% 
- Decreased damage from nukes to commanders 10% 
- Made leveler 20% bigger
- Change Peewee model to medium poly one
- Reduced Leveler dmg/sec by 10%
- Increased Thunder/Shadow health by 20%
- Voodoo/Tornado reload time increased by 50%
- Arm Annihilator firepoint fixed
- Increased EMG damage to 12 (8)
- Increased MaxSpeed and Acceleration of Peewee and Flash by 10 %

Download

Enjoy and give feedback please :)
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Hurray!
fixed Anni's woot!

Love all the changes.
But still got one request. the animation speeds of all con units are slow. This is annoying when you want to use a con k-bot to reclaim trees or have it to guard a factory creating light units.

Anni deployment speed could be a little faster as well...
mongus

Post by mongus »

- Voodoo/Tornado reload time increased by 50%

overnerf, gunships take forever to build, and are very expensive in energy.
They are almost usless if there is basic anti air defense..

its like gunships are not even an option now.

- Increased EMG damage to 12 ( 8 )

way too much... really. its 50% increase in the power.. its too much

Welcome back brawler rush.

Have not had the opportunity to test in the game.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

mongus wrote:- Voodoo/Tornado reload time increased by 50%

overnerf, gunships take forever to build, and are very expensive in energy.
They are almost usless if there is basic anti air defense..

its like gunships are not even an option now.
Agreed... I think the only positive change that has been made is the decreased damage from anni to commander.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

mongus wrote:
- Increased EMG damage to 12 ( 8 )

way too much... really. its 50% increase in the power.. its too much

Welcome back brawler rush.

Have not had the opportunity to test in the game.
TRY it first..

and for the record the brawler uses a other weapon..... Flashes/peewee's still get owned by gators/AK's

TRY BE4 YOU COMPLAIN PLEASE

Thank you
mongus

Post by mongus »

NOiZE wrote:TRY BE4 YOU COMPLAIN PLEASE
right i will. (later :( )
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

Min3mat wrote:No, that would just make XTA like AA to apease AA fans.

In OTA, there was a krogoth, and it was invented because CORE was losing, and it fit perfectly with COREs big slow powerful theme. It was a fundamental difference between the two sides: ARM had the shooter, a tactical assasin, and CORE had the krogoth.

please DO NOT give ARM any kroglike mechs.

AGREED
the only reason i put up with tech 3 in AA is it almost never comes out and is only good a sa stalemate breaker
Talking about the original purpose of Krogoths is pointless, notice: this is a different engine and this is a different mod.

XTA's big weakness is a tedious late game on larger maps. Big mechs make the high resource phase of the game less tedious, and more fun.

As it is, both sides get Krogoths, arm through ressurection on cons'. It would be better for Arm to have its own mech rather than using core's, and it would be better for both sides to have a cheaper, weaker mech to occuppy the niche between goliaths and krogoths.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

version 5 is bundled with one of the 2 NTai XE7.5 downlaods
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

NOIZE, any response on the complaints of the scouting units?

I mean, are you considering it?

Or are you considering that gamestyle as a fundamental part of what XTA is (so i stop trying to argumentate about it)?

?

I have one other replay if needed. A chalenge match for the title of KoXTA with mong in foothills. He knew for sure that i was going freaker rush and played acordingly and tried really hard to counter them. Still, i only lost one freaker at 8:20, and the next ones around 11:30+ when i killed his comm with freakers after taking down peewees, missile-kbots, one llt, k-bot lab, and more.
Mong is no noob, already knew i was going freaker rush and, although could have played better, didn't played bad.
mongus

Post by mongus »

Im still tweaking my strategy paulada, dont declare victory yet!!

:D

edit: You also forget to mention the first freaker that you sent , saved its ass by miracle, as it was at 1-2 missile shots from death.

Something nobody has taken into consideration about freakers/zippers, is the regeneration rate.

Rigth now, all the units, including zippers/freakers regenerate its life 33% earlier than normal (consider spring 66b2 as normal).

how? well the healtime in the fbis is 30. im guessing that is in secconds.
Rigth now units start healing 20 s after being hit.(33% earlier).
And that time cant be changed, or does not obey at the fbi tags.

Also, have not tested yet, if the current regeneration rate ( 19 Hp/s ) was the default one, its seems bit high.

Anyone remember such thing or i must install 66b2 :?

So, there are 2 details.. must be taken in cosideration. (untill gets fixed in the engine).
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

mongus wrote:Im still tweaking my strategy paulada, dont declare victory yet!!

:D

edit: You also forget to mention the first freaker that you sent , saved its ass by miracle, as it was at 1-2 missile shots from death.
That is true. :P
But still, how many times will you have the advantage of knowing exactly what your ononent is going to do?

And i also think that regeneration rate is very fast and much valuable. We can easily raid the oponent with a zipper and run away to live to tell about it. In no time, it will be ready for another incursion. It is very hard to have defenses that are absolutely sure to kill a zipper before he retreats to recover.

But enough argumenting about it until NOIZE says something.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

PauloMorfeo wrote: I have one other replay if needed. A chalenge match for the title of KoXTA with mong in foothills. He knew for sure that i was going freaker rush and played acordingly and tried really hard to counter them. Still, i only lost one freaker at 8:20, and the next ones around 11:30+ when i killed his comm with freakers after taking down peewees, missile-kbots, one llt, k-bot lab, and more.
Mong is no noob, already knew i was going freaker rush and, although could have played better, didn't played bad.
would love to see that replay

Return to “Game Releases”