Absolute Annihilation: Spring 1.46

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

old AA topic available here: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewt ... 70e81a4035

New version posted (1.46)

With 378 balanced units, Absolute Annihilation is the single most-downloaded Total Annihilation units pack. Now AA has been ported to Spring and takes advantage of this new engine's every feature.

Readme file and changelog included.

http://aaspring.tk <<< I've set this url up to ALWAYS point to the latest AA version.

http://ta-aa.sourceforge.net/modweb <<< The very first AA: Spring Unit Guide!
Last edited by Caydr on 02 May 2006, 01:03, edited 5 times in total.
CrowJuice

Post by CrowJuice »

Why half the HP of the bladwings? They already drop like flies to any AA.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Caydr wrote:

Code: Select all

HLLT, Beamer, Packo, Nautilus, SAM removed, total unit count is
  now 375
:(
The Packo and Sam always filled in the gap between MTs and Flakkers.
As did the HLLT and Beamer between LLT and Gaat Gun/Sentinal.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Just build sentinels, they're worth it. Also, eradicators/circular saws are still in the game and provide excellent midrange anti-air.
Cyberwal

Post by Cyberwal »

Don't saws take much longer to build? I was under the impression that SAMs were well used..
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

SAMs were the popup ones right? They were mostly useful because unlike missle turrets they took forever to kill by ground forces when they weren't deployed. You couldn't just raider a base and kill all the AA to push your banshees and brawlies in if they had SAMs down.
Aun

Post by Aun »

SwiftSpear wrote:SAMs were the popup ones right? They were mostly useful because unlike missle turrets they took forever to kill by ground forces when they weren't deployed. You couldn't just raider a base and kill all the AA to push your banshees and brawlies in if they had SAMs down.
You're taling about Pack0s
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Well, afther playing AA 1.44, I'm happy to inform that the Anni bug is fixed. Well reather say, replaced with another one.
The anni starts being visualy build at 50% of the total building time.
Something comparable with the arm k-bot lab and adv solar who are finished before they are visually constructed.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Engine bugs aren't my department.
DoubleNeg

Post by DoubleNeg »

Dear lord can we please have a new thread
.funkymp

Post by .funkymp »

Zenka wrote:Well, afther playing AA 1.44, I'm happy to inform that the Anni bug is fixed. Well reather say, replaced with another one.
The anni starts being visualy build at 50% of the total building time.
Something comparable with the arm k-bot lab and adv solar who are finished before they are visually constructed.
sounds like the nuke launcher bug

thats not visible till its basically finished

it doesnt make much of a difference anyways to be honest
smokeynseinor

Post by smokeynseinor »

In regard to the anninilator it's nothing to be concerned about really, I would appreciate better gameplay than minor superficial issues.

Also,
It is problary intentional but are flashes meant to have very poor acceleration? I have noticed this in lots of games recently (on flat terrain also so inclines werent the problem).
Is this intended to compensate for the high top speed? It can be frustrating sometimes when trying to persue other fast units where your flashes have to turn and then attempt to catch up and you better hope that they dont run into any wreckage along the way.

Correct me if Im wrong but is spring like OTA in the way that units have to stop moving to change course? If so what I mentioned above might just be resulting from that.

And as always nice work Caydr
Cheers
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

That annihilator bug only appeared last patch? I wonder what the root cause is, the same thing happens for nuke launchers in pretty much every spring mod...
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Aye, this visual anni bug is new. Ofcourse it isn't bad, it doesn't spoil anything. But maybe we could see the cause of it. Now we know what changes are made for it to happen.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Sorry caydr, I had to split the topic because the forum was acctually starting to get pissy about it. It nade me refresh the page like 30 times just to get it to render enough of the topic to split from the most recent release.

From now on I'm going to break threads apart when then exceed 50 pages so the forums don't choke over them when I'm moderating them.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

CTRL+B still selects the Core Viper

And how are instigators supposed to be... they cost 25 % then Flashes, but flashes are way better.

for example 1 flash kills a corvp faster then a instigator

Also their turret seems to turn way faster.

How are they supposed to life up by each other??
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

CTRL+B thinks core vipers and free metal makers are builders . . .

Instigator price could be lowered to match their current efectiveness, or you could try to buff their damage just a little bit ^.^

Flea mass increased: why? Oo

and bring back the beamer :(
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Hmm the HLT still gets damage!!

and perhaps HLT's can become a bit taller?
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

that above approach should be made much more beneficial in AA. Make the fort walls really defend the turrets from small unit's swarms and also they could be a nice cushion against goliath's cannon.

As a totally unrelated thing to the last update, i was wondering if there is any way of making the LOS equal to the radar. Meaning it would be tens of times longer then it now is, but it would also be blocked by the landscape. This would bring much more realism to the game. The current LOS could be used as a range that every unit could shoot accurately, if you want to shoot further away accurately you should have radar coverage (othervise the accuracy would be as currently shooting at radar blips)

I don't mean that should be the way AA is changed, i was just wondering if you could make that into a variant of AA like the LT was some versions ago.

Is here anyone who agrees with me that the thing mentioned above could actually be good? I for one am soon getting tired of the units popping up in front of your nose from nowhere when you drive into a jammed spot. Silly, dumb, unrealistic. My 2 cents.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Okay, so the Beamer was useless. That's fine.

The HLLT was marginally useful, but it can be lived without.

However, the Pack-0/SAM was VERY useful. The Packo formed the backbone of my AA defenses up until I had enough con units to spam flakkers everywhere. It was well armored and worked especially well against swarms of L1 air (Banshees et al), and didn't lose its usefulness in L2, where an AA defense system based on Packos could still bring down a moderately-sized Brawler storm, and put a dent in any sort of air attack. Defenders die too easily, and Chainsaws are too expensive and take too long to build to form the backbone of a L1 air defense system - I'd typically build 3-4 Packos and one Chainsaw to cover my base if my opponents did L1 air - more than one Chainsaw would have been prohibitively expensive, and there are some situations, such as when space is at a premium or when you don't want your stuff to die easily, in which spamming 50 Defenders just doesn't work.

Please, please, PLEASE put the SAM/Packo back in. It would be nice if we got HLLT/Beamer back too, as they were at least somewhat useful (maybe a slight damage increase for both would be in order?)...

Return to “Game Releases”