Absolute Annihilation: Spring 1.46 - Page 39

Absolute Annihilation: Spring 1.46

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Caydr: Thank you for the wonderful additions to the Unit Guide. That's exactly the kind of insight it needed, and exactly the kind of thing I can't provide.

If I can get quick descriptions of the re-added units from you before the release of 1.45, that'd be great. Then tactics and usage notes can be added as people actually use it.
Leaderz0rz

Post by Leaderz0rz »

if i remember correctly the HLLT was faster firing but less range then an LLT it was good at taking out swarms
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Done. Guide has certainly made a lot of progress since the last time I saw it. :-)
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Caydr wrote:Done. Guide has certainly made a lot of progress since the last time I saw it. :-)
It's made even more today. :shock: That's a lot of fixes! Thank you!

I should probably put the whole thing through a spellcheck, as I know there's still a few typos lurking in there.

One quick question: are Sabres/Cutlasses more or less powerful than Brawlers/Rapiers?
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Core Punisher Plasma artillery is still hard to find spots for, but everything else seems to be playing out pretty nice.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Woot! 1.45 is released! We all love you Caydr!
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Sabres, Cutlasses are supposed to be roughly as powerful as brawlers/rapiers but a little more cost effective and faster moving, but I'm not sure that's how it is at present. If it's not, it will be as of the next version.

In the near future I'll (probably) be moving the AA site here: http://ta-aa.sourceforge.net

Now SOMEBODY tell me what you think of nukes!!! :twisted:
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Caydr wrote:Sabres, Cutlasses are supposed to be roughly as powerful as brawlers/rapiers but a little more cost effective and faster moving, but I'm not sure that's how it is at present. If it's not, it will be as of the next version.
Ok, thanks! I've never had much reason to use seaplanes, as I've been avoiding water maps until the Depth Charges get fixed. Now maybe I'll have to try them out on maps with a bit of water...

The Tsunami/Malestrom are also more nimble than their L2 cousins, right? But lack the AA missile launcher?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

The Nuke Trajectory is awesome now caydr...!! Love it.

I'm afraid AK's/Gators are OP now, but i'll have to take another look on those ....
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

NOiZE wrote:I'm afraid AK's/Gators are OP now, but i'll have to take another look on those ....
Is it anything to do with that laser bug that was mentioned in the XTA thread?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Egarwaen wrote:
NOiZE wrote:I'm afraid AK's/Gators are OP now, but i'll have to take another look on those ....
Is it anything to do with that laser bug that was mentioned in the XTA thread?
No beamlasers are not effected
Peekaboom

Post by Peekaboom »

Why the hell was Core's VTOL (blackdawn) cut?! I thought these were getting a use now in that they were flak resistant. I don't understand. And arm still has one?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Oh, so I don't have to fix AA's lasers? Kick ass. It would just figure that I release a new version and within 12 hours there's a new version of Spring that breaks it :lol:

Blackdawn doesn't really fit Core's profile. Rapier does the job better and is much more Core-ish. You've still got total gunship superiority with Krows, so why not give Arm something that's somewhat comparable?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Hm. Turns out I included the wrong readme file with AA 1.45. I'm re-uploading now, so it'll be unavailable for the next 15 minutes or so. The mirroring process will also have to start again.

edit: re-uploading complete. If you've already got 1.45, don't worry, all that's changed is the readme file. You've still got full compatibility with this new download.
kujeger

Post by kujeger »

I noticed that the Leviathan can't actually go under other ships. Shouldn't it be able to do that?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Last time I checked, no subs could go under ships for some reason. I'll check again though.

Hm. Looks like .71 did in fact break the speed of "combat autoheal" - it's now so slow it barely makes any difference. Aside from that, AA seems to have come through the new version intact.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Caydr wrote:Last time I checked, no subs could go under ships for some reason. I'll check again though.

Hm. Looks like .71 did in fact break the speed of "combat autoheal" - it's now so slow it barely makes any difference. Aside from that, AA seems to have come through the new version intact.
The cloak costs are doubled bug was fixed too. This might make a lot of cloaking units way more attractive.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Caydr wrote:Hm. Looks like .71 did in fact break the speed of "combat autoheal" - it's now so slow it barely makes any difference. Aside from that, AA seems to have come through the new version intact.
Judging from the changelog, they just cut the autoheal rate by a quarter. So to get the same performance as before multiply all autoheal values by four.

(Just stating the obvious)
Dr.InfernO

Post by Dr.InfernO »

Anti Nuke defense seems to be completly fucked up.
We played on "Little brock" and regonized every fired defense missle is completly worthless.
Not one of the many missles fired was shot down. And we had lots of defense.
I think the nuke missle is flying sooooo high that not any anti nuke can get it.
Cadyr please check it I tested it also on a speedmetal and every nuke came through. even with 2 Anti nukes at one place.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Oh, so that's what happened. I won a Comm Ends game earlier today with a well-placed nuke. My opponent thought his Comms were under an anti-nuke. If they're not hitting, that makes sense.

Return to “Game Releases”