Absolute Annihilation: Spring 1.46 - Page 2

Absolute Annihilation: Spring 1.46

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

MY THREAD!!!!!! MY BEATIFUL GIGANTIC THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish people had defended the SAM/Packo before I'd removed them, when everyone was saying they were useless. I'll see about possibly adding them back in.

Going to increase Instigator aiming speed.
Lord JoNil

Post by Lord JoNil »

I totally agree with Felix on all points.
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

mostly everyone does, after having those over a couple thousand realease and getting used to them filling a specific role its now quite bad to see them removed away like that.
i think there were probably some quite better things to get removed
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Packo's/Sams were a great intermediary Anti-Air defence hands down, damage with them wasn't great, but it was better than using the standard as they are so weak and vulnerable in comparison to Sams/Packo's and sepecially for its price tag.

Chainsaw's are hard to afford in early economy, although I will still build them if there is any signs of Bombers, as they have the extended range and are basically the Mini-Screamers of Lvl1 for taking out bombers.

Hllt's and beamers seemed like good weapons, HLLt did a great job vs swarms, but the beamer seemed like it lacked the strength and range to counter its costs.

Perhaps if the Beamer had an AOE, it could have held its own and been just what was needed to deal with the same things that the HLLt could.

One thing that was changed between 1.42 to 1.44 that I am having a hard time with is the enlarged sizes of the Bertha and Intimidator, they're alot harder to find spots for up high and on maps that would allow their placement, its no longer possible to get that vantage point.

Maybe it would be worth Remodling the Bertha and Intimidator so that they can be set to the proper scale, instead of fiddling around trying to make the old models learn new tricks.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I'll just increase their slope tolerance, that'll make them easier to place.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

I had no idea you were intending to take the anti-swarm turrets out, otherwise I would have defended them. First indication I got was the changelog.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Caydr, the only reaosn you say those compalints about packo SAM whatever was because those few people who dont know how to deal wtih something are always the most vocal about getting it changed... 99% of the players thought it was good...

Same stroy with Core Flamer tower and HLLT and Beamer; everyone loves it; no reasont ohave removed it.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

well I dunno about the flame tower :?
.funkymp

Post by .funkymp »

the beamers were great, quite a lot of players used them

bring back the beamer :wink:
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Sleksa wrote:CTRL+B thinks core vipers and free metal makers are builders . . .
Please don't forget that! It's really annoying late game.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Is it only Vipers/metal makers that are affected?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

note: its the metal generators.. you know the ones who give you free metal.

Didn't had problems with other units. Maybe someone can confirm this?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Yeah, if someone wouldn't mind building as wide a variety of units and structures as possible and checking if any others are activated with CTRL+B, it'd be appreciated.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

i dont know very much about the spring engine, but it seems the gator turret (and all other turrets too btw) only aim when theyv'e got a shot ready. maybe adding a no-fx, no-dmg, uberfiringspeed weapon would fix that?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

IMO the beamer doesn't need to be brought back until it can fill a nieche role. I the current AA it didn't really do anything but fill space uselessly between the LLT and the HLT. Sure people used them but no one really knew why... SAM and Pack0s did fill a role. They were the high resiliance emergancy antiair system for people that didn't have alot of time and money to spend getting denial based anti air. Sams and packos would keep bladewings and L1 gunships out of a base, but unlike missle towers 1 raider could sneak in and bust them all down in a matter of seconds and send you scrambling air defenceless. They cost more but they fullfilled a nessicary role.

I don't see the role that the beamer or HLLT was nessicary to fill, and I don't think they need to be brought back until we have a role that they are needed to fill.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Of course beamers and hllts had a role, they are for when you need a bit more punch and hp than a llt but cant afford an hlt, those core hlts were awesome and definatley fulfilled their role as antiswarm, take it from me, the serial spider spammer... those things claimed more of my spiders than anything else, they did have a role and fulfilled it well, same for beamer, dont know why people say they are crap- they arent, and should be put back on the build menu! whos with me?!
hehe
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

BigSteve wrote:Of course beamers and hllts had a role, they are for when you need a bit more punch and hp than a llt but cant afford an hlt, those core hlts were awesome and definatley fulfilled their role as antiswarm, take it from me, the serial spider spammer... those things claimed more of my spiders than anything else, they did have a role and fulfilled it well, same for beamer, dont know why people say they are crap- they arent, and should be put back on the build menu! whos with me?!
hehe
i am with you and most of the ppl is, there has been about some 10 or 20 posts about ppl complaining of the removal of 'em.
i speak for myself as i am a arm player and i still used beamers quite often.
they werent that bad, sometimes due to the position of them they could hardly fire and it was bad, but when they did they filled their rolle quite accurately (not as good as the hllt of course).
DoubleNeg

Post by DoubleNeg »

Ok we made Nukes better and all, but now because they go so high before going to the target when an anti nuke comes and takes out the nuke, you are mostly putting a big dent into your own base. Make antinuke slower? or perhaps make nukes go even higher so there is less chance of you shooting your own foot?
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

Just do like i do and send a few peeprs before attempting to nuke, checking for anti. If there is anti, dont nuke but instead use bombers to take it out, then nuke. Voila, no shot in the foot.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

You misunderstand.

when you are defending against a nuke attack, the atinuke detonates the nuke in midair, he is saying that the new fl;ight path causes this detonation to happen directly over the target and the target get's hit anyways

Return to “Game Releases”