Intrusion

Intrusion

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

code_man

Intrusion

Post by code_man »

During a convo in #s44 our well known friend yuritch linked to some old files on a repo he had.
I dug out his old project known as yuritchs small mod and decided to fix it for 98 since the concept was too nice to leave it in the rubish, especially the intruders had this charming 70s alien drone design that was just too good to let it rot into forgetness.

Since he no longer works on it, nor is it small and its not a mod of anything and espcially it being a too boring name i decided to rename it to intrusion.

Tough i only had to change a single line, i did luafy some meta stuff at first because i hadnt know where the problem was.
Otherwise except for adding a few gadgets/widgets its unchanged.

The only issue i am aware of is that some sounds are stereo and spring bitches, otherwise it should work flawlessly.

I might maintain it in the short or even long term.

It features 2 sides, humans and intruders.
Intruders have few buildings and small drone units with powerful weapons and excel at mobility.
While humans have large bases with multiple tiers and lots of artillery and armor.
It uses metal extractors and powerplants in the same way most games do.
The game is comperatively simple to most other spring games.

Enjoy.
http://springfiles.com/spring/games/intrusion
https://owncloud.cybnet.ch/public.php?s ... ea448740bc
knorke

Re: Intrusion

Post by knorke »

Tested with spring 98, random notes:
[f=0000000] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, InitModOptions, [Internal Lua error: Call failure] [string "LuaRules/main.lua"]:53: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'int_no_engine_sound' (a nil value
The LuaRules/main.lua seems to have non-default stuff added, not sure what is up with that. Maybe it was needed at some point? Imo just include default files and move the other things to its own files...
[f=0000000] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameStart, [Internal Lua error: Call failure] [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/game_spawn.lua"]:56: attempt to call field 'SetUnitLineage' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/game_spawn.lua"]:56: in function 'SpawnStartUnit'
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/game_spawn.lua"]:89: in function 'GameStart'
[string "LuaGadgets/gadgets.lua"]:824: in function <[string "LuaGadgets/gadgets.lua"]:822>
(tail call): ?
The SetUnitLineage does not do nothing anymore,can just remove it.
:arrow: As result of errors player has no starting resources, at least not when tested with spring.exe menu.

Some warnings about missing textures or something get spawned when building some units.

Some units are almost completly grey with some strange textures (small colored dots), not sure if that is "on purpose"...
Maybe because "otacontent.sdz" is commented out in modinfo? (could just include the textures in mod itself)

Some units have VERY large icons on minimap.

Those things aside, interessting to see "new" mod even if it is old :wink:
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

First error is most likely because no modoptions are available - run via springlobby SP mode and it should go away. I seem to remember there was something like that if run via exe directly.

Additions to main.lua were my hacky way to spawn multiple starting units (that was before engine starting unit change). They are only used if proper mod options are activated (not sure this still works in re-released package as it was built on cob->lua communication).

otacontent.sdz is most probably still needed as most models are 3do with solid-colored textures (including some teamcolored solid-colored faces).

I abandoned that project sometime in 2010 or even earlier, so I don't remember much more details than that.
code_man

Post by code_man »

knorke wrote:Tested with spring 98, random notes:
[f=0000000] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, InitModOptions, [Internal Lua error: Call failure] [string "LuaRules/main.lua"]:53: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'int_no_engine_sound' (a nil value
The LuaRules/main.lua seems to have non-default stuff added, not sure what is up with that. Maybe it was needed at some point? Imo just include default files and move the other things to its own files...
I dont know what you mean.
[f=0000000] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameStart, [Internal Lua error: Call failure] [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/game_spawn.lua"]:56: attempt to call field 'SetUnitLineage' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/game_spawn.lua"]:56: in function 'SpawnStartUnit'
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/game_spawn.lua"]:89: in function 'GameStart'
[string "LuaGadgets/gadgets.lua"]:824: in function <[string "LuaGadgets/gadgets.lua"]:822>
(tail call): ?
The SetUnitLineage does not do nothing anymore,can just remove it.
:arrow: As result of errors player has no starting resources, at least not when tested with spring.exe menu.
Hmm, havent seen that one before, thanks for advice.
Some warnings about missing textures or something get spawned when building some units.

Some units are almost completly grey with some strange textures (small colored dots), not sure if that is "on purpose"...
Maybe because "otacontent.sdz" is commented out in modinfo? (could just include the textures in mod itself)
Yeah, forgot that, but i dont know whats up with it, i see no missing textures tough, i asssume its something to do with the 3do handler broke.

I think the color textures are on purpose, tough i dont know.

Il see if i can replace the otacontent stuff.
Some units have VERY large icons on minimap.
Il keep it in mind.

Well il try resolve the major issues soon hopefully.
knorke

Post by knorke »

The file LuaRules/main.lua is the gadget-handler, it is "a Lua that makes the other gadget work."
Usually one should not modify it and just include the version that comes with spring, via one line:
VFS.Include("luagadgets/gadgets.lua",nil, VFS.BASE)

Your main.lua correctly does that but then adds it own functions in the same file, for example:
ReadRandomRace() and CreateUnitByCobID() or InitModOptions() etc
Move that into its own gadget files.

http://springrts.com/wiki/Modoptions.lua has a bit about checking if modoptions are nil.
code_man

Post by code_man »

The lobby is being a bitch again and im both lazy and busy as usual.

But thanks for the infos, sure good to know.
code_man

Post by code_man »

Here is version 868.

It replaces the spawn gadged with a custom one that should work properly, removes the bitch from stereo sound and missing textures and fixes buildradius for some builders.

Yuritch put a bit of time it in it himself fixing the sounds and adding textures and also added a new naval unit that was missing.
Plus he dug up aai config files, tough i havent tested them.

Also removed some of the custom script/gadget handler code but not all yet.

It also turned out that rai, atleast as intruders vs human player can play a decent game.

http://springfiles.com/spring/games/intrusion

I hope this should be stable for a while, unless any major issues arise i will leave this be for quite some time.

Enjoy.
Attachments
AI_configs.7z
(522.37 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
XTA Developer

Post by 8611 »

From quick testing saw no more errors, but was only very short test.

random notices:
The Air Forces academy and the Artillery academy can not build anything?

The units models are much smaller than their collision volumes and footprints:
models could be enlarged without changing balance...would look and play better.

from game_killVoice.lua

Code: Select all

function gadget:UnitDestroyed(unitID, unitDefID, teamID, attackerID, attackerUnitDefID, attackerTeamID)
	if gadgetHandler:IsSyncedCode() then
Usual practice is to have the gadget be "divided" in synced and unsynced part, instead of checking in (potentially every) function like that.
The game_killVoice.lua seems to do the same thing as the lines at beginning of main.lua
The Luas are all bit strange like this in small ways or "old"...might be less trouble thinking about what you need and then re-do it.

If you ever played real game (multi or vs AI) might be interessting to upload the replay. Gives players chance to see bit gameplay...
code_man

Post by code_man »

Seems i overlooked the gadget part.

Il keep the colvol and footprint thing in mind.

Also the acadmies give .25 experience to all units of types that are produced after building.

And yeah i think il upload a replay sometime.

Return to “Game Releases”