Star Wars Spring 1.0

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Star Wars Spring 1.0

Post by Gnomre »

Copy paste action!

Star Wars: Spring is the long awaited Spring engine port of one of the most famous Total Annihilation conversions available. It features around 130 units ranging from all six movies and the expanded universe for the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance. With its unique balance scheme, large variety of units, and bug free construction, SWS is easily one of the most enjoyable games to play in Spring to date.

To install this modification, simply place StarWars01.sd7 in the mods sub-directory of your Spring folder.

For more info, you can check out the SWTA Homepage.

Thanks to Element115, Influenza, HANSOLO, SOI_Sentinel, Kamikaze, and the other members of the former SWTA team for making this mod originally, and to ChillAAA, El_Castro, KeZx, SecurE, TheRebelPilot, TimmyFred, Warlord_Zsinj for all their assistance in creating and testing this mod for Spring.

Now for the download link!

DOWNLOAD HERE!
Mirror 1 (may take some time to come online since Moddb validates stuff)
Mirror 2

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Gnomre on 12 Dec 2005, 03:46, edited 3 times in total.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Sweeeet. Downloading now.

Copy paste from where? I checked the moddb front page, no dice...TA universe.com, no news there...get the publicity ball rolling Gnome :P
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

I LOVE YOU
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

Is it just me or is file Universe down again
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

FolCan wrote:Is it just me or is file Universe down again
HTTP access to the universes is down
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Looks nice. Shame about FU being down again, just when you need it most >_>

Sourceforge mirror: here
As usual, download speeds will suck for a few hours until it's properly distributed through the system.
Last edited by Caydr on 12 Dec 2005, 05:42, edited 3 times in total.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Long live the Emporor!

(PS: dont even wast your time converting the crappy stuff from the new movies. Just keep adding in the cool junk from the originals!)
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

I love old starwars a million times more than new starwars too. The grittiness of the rebel fighters and TIE-series give them a whole lot of charm that you don't see in the sleek Naboo rubbish.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Now all we need are some new models. :-)
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

You need to recruit Maestro for better models, looks good so far, interesting maps...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

The only thing good about the new 3 was the droids and other technology, shure it was all fancy shiney, but it doesn't need to be rendered that way...
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Two different spawn files can be located for SWS here:
SWS Single Player Spawn

See how long you can last against the Galactic Empire or the Rebel Alliance :)

--------------------

With regards to models: Oy! :P
I've been doing a lot of work remodelling the SWTA units for Spring. I have to divide my time between working on OTASWTA and SWS. Also, there are a number of units that have been modelled, but have not yet been textured, and hence cannot be included.
If you have skills in texturing, come help us out.

In the meanwhile, enjoy our gloriously high poly stormtroopers, rebel trooper heads, wookies, bothan heads and ATRT, to name a few... ;)

Also, I'd say that we are particularly lucky that the old SWTA crew paid so much attention to detail that even the old models look pretty good in the Spring engine.
maestro

Post by maestro »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:You need to recruit Maestro for better models, looks good so far, interesting maps...
on the contrary, Ill recruit some swta guys and the mod will be deserted :lol:
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

maestro wrote:
GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:You need to recruit Maestro for better models, looks good so far, interesting maps...
on the contrary, Ill recruit some swta guys and the mod will be deserted :lol:
Guys? There's more than one person doing actual work?! Woah!! ;P

The maps aren't ours, the lighter colored one is Egypt and the darker one is aGorm's Cliffdown. The latter screens were taken from a replay between Castro, Swiftspear, and myself.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

just a question what factory is prerequisit for building the big imperial walker (the name illudes me at this time)
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

Heh, we haven't finished the AT-AT yet... I told you it was a bad idea to use screenshots of it now, Zsinj!

Anyway, assuming things go well, we should be able to release the final OTA SWTA pack by the end of this year, and hopefully that same pack for Spring early next year.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

:lol: ahhh ok then i thought it wasn't in there but i saw it in the screenies and started to worry that i'd be at a disadvantage to others lol.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

IMP sensor tower doesnt seem to provide radar
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Models are nice, but the textures are pretty poor, imo. I haven't played it yet, - though it looks very promising. :P Good job, guys!
Nitramtj

Post by Nitramtj »

The screenshots look great on the site but, I'm having problems running this, I have the most current spring version, I dropped it into the mods sub-folder, and I got the single player file and made it spawn.txt, but when I run random enemies, it says improbot(something like that) type isn't found, anyone know why it would do this, maybe not reading the other sd7 file? Does this belong in the help section?
Last edited by Nitramtj on 12 Dec 2005, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Game Releases”